News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Some PNSO figures and sometimes only some parts of them, seem to be made of softer material than others indeed.

One other example in which this is very noticeable is Andrea. Her head is from softer material than Wilsons head, even when they are generally the same sculpt.
But today, I'm just being father

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dromaenychus on April 01, 2022, 03:14:21 AM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 31, 2022, 10:49:13 PM
I received Jennie the Centrosaurus today and something bothered me about the figure.  It's been cool here all week the temperatures in the low to mid sixties and overcast.  But Jennie is really rubbery, like if the temperature was in the 80s and 90s.  My other pnso figures are harder plastic and I'm wondering if this is something wrong with this particular example or if it's something that happened with all the Jennies.  Because it's so small and light I wonder if it'll even be a problem in the long run but she is really rubbery and none of my other pnso figures are this soft.
Same with mine. For some reason they used a softer plastic. Hopefully it will be fine in the long run.
avatar_Dromaenychus @Dromaenychus
Thanks the feedback, this helps a lot :)

Quote from: Eocarcharia on April 01, 2022, 01:39:40 AM
Mine is like that too. I assume it's just a naturally softer plastic that PNSO has used for the figure.
Thanks guys, this really saves me the trouble of processing a return.  Sounds like the whole batch was produced like that :( 

I have AC in my house but it does get really hot here in Socal and we don't run the AC when we're not home or when we go on holiday in the summer.  So it'll be interesting to see how Jennie does when that happens, maybe I'll just keep her in here box in the closet when it gets warmer.

Dromaenychus

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on April 01, 2022, 04:58:55 PM
I received Jennie the Centrosaurus today and something bothered me about the figure.  It's been cool here all week the temperatures in the low to mid sixties and overcast.  But Jennie is really rubbery, like if the temperature was in the 80s and 90s.  My other pnso figures are harder plastic and I'm wondering if this is something wrong with this particular example or if it's something that happened with all the Jennies.  Because it's so small and light I wonder if it'll even be a problem in the long run but she is really rubbery and none of my other pnso figures are this soft.
Same with mine. For some reason they used a softer plastic. Hopefully it will be fine in the long run.

Mine is like that too. I assume it's just a naturally softer plastic that PNSO has used for the figure.
Thanks guys, this really saves me the trouble of processing a return.  Sounds like the whole batch was produced like that :( 

I have AC in my house but it does get really hot here in Socal and we don't run the AC when we're not home or when we go on holiday in the summer.  So it'll be interesting to see how Jennie does when that happens, maybe I'll just keep her in here box in the closet when it gets warmer.
I just checked my Stegosaurus (the older smaller one) and it seems to be just as soft as the Centrosaurus.
I would say, as long as you don't store it in an attic, or have it next to a window in direct sunlight, it will likely be alright.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dromaenychus on April 01, 2022, 05:06:19 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on April 01, 2022, 04:58:55 PM

I just checked my Stegosaurus (the older smaller one) and it seems to be just as soft as the Centrosaurus.
I would say, as long as you don't store it in an attic, or have it next to a window in direct sunlight, it will likely be alright.

I had the attic insulated and closed off when we bought the house, we use it like a huge buffer between us and the sun.  The dinos are in the darkest room in my house, the office, it's the only place my wife will let me keep them on display.  There's only one window in that room and it's behind the bookcase and display cases on either side and because it faces east the light comes thru there early in the morning when it's cool, no direct sunlight.  I think it'll be fine, just hadn't seen pnso like that before, probably because I don't own the stego...

GojiraGuy1954

I got my first PNSO figure for my birthday on the 31st. It was their Tylo, by the way. Nice figure.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 01, 2022, 09:51:12 PM
I got my first PNSO figure for my birthday on the 31st. It was their Tylo, by the way. Nice figure.
avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954
Congratulations on getting your first! 

I've become hooked on collecting prehistoric line PNSO figures from 2020 to the present.  My PNSO collection has grown quickly over the last year.  After the recent 20% off sale on Amazon, I now have most everything I wanted from the prehistoric line.  There's a couple more in that line I might decide to get later but for now my eyes are turning to the couple of museum line pieces I covet, the Toro and the Tsinosaurus.  Both I think are too good to pass up regardless of my issues with museum line.

Concavenator

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 01, 2022, 09:51:12 PM

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it.

Sim

The PNSO Torosaurus looks superb!  I didn't think I'd be interested in it, but I am now!  It would be lovely if PNSO made a Chasmosaurus, unless Safari is going to release one for this year.  But, I really wish that otherwise PNSO would focus on the groups they've been neglecting.  They've made so many ceratopsids, tyrannosauroids and ornithopods.  I would really like to see PNSO make a Linheraptor and Dilophosaurus, and Suchomimus too!  I also hope they'll soon release their Acrocanthosaurus and Sinraptor, it's been such a long wait for those with so many ceratopsians getting released in the meantime...

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim Suchomimus is one genus I have been wanting to have represented in my collection since forever. Sadly, it's overshadowed by its more famous cousin Baryonyx, so it will always be at a disadvantage in this regard to said genus. But I'd get a PNSO Suchomimus in a heartbeat. And who knows, since PNSO is so prolific they might even get to release one. They also released a Centrosaurus and will also release an Acrocanthosaurus, two genera a lot of people had been wanting for a long time. A Dilophosaurus would be interesting too, since I'm not too keen on CollectA's.

I would also like it if they started bringing out some maniraptorans and also some small ornithischians like Psittacosaurus, Kulindadromeus, or Scutellosaurus. As paleontological discoveries, they have been far more relevant than Zhuchengtyrannus, for instance.

Shane

Been checking on the Torosaurus Amazon listing to see if it goes Prime to avoid the $12 shipping, and now...the Torosaurus link redirects to the main Museum Line product page, specifically the Ceratosaurus, and Torosaurus is nowhere to be found...

JohannesB

Quote from: Shane on April 07, 2022, 08:49:48 PM
Been checking on the Torosaurus Amazon listing to see if it goes Prime to avoid the $12 shipping, and now...the Torosaurus link redirects to the main Museum Line product page, specifically the Ceratosaurus, and Torosaurus is nowhere to be found...

Try the Ali-Express PNSO store. Free shipping too.

Shane

Quote from: JohannesB on April 07, 2022, 10:56:11 PM
Quote from: Shane on April 07, 2022, 08:49:48 PM

Try the Ali-Express PNSO store. Free shipping too.

Looks like it's been added to the Museum line page, still with $12. If I do decide to pull the trigger I may go AliExpress for the free shipping.

SRF

Today I received my Zhuchengtyrannus. I have to say, I'm very impressed by this figure! With the figure in hand I like the colors much more than I thought I would. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or that PNSO has improved their quality control, but my figure doesn't have any of the paint issues I've seen on others. The head and teeth are definitely an improvement over to the Tarbosaurus. When it comes to the inside of the mouth though, I feel the colors are a bit bland. In that regard Wilson is painted much better with more life like colors.

All in all, this one is definitely one of my favorite PNSO figures and it would go up in S tier if I had to place it in a tier list.

I should receive the Torosaurus in a few days. Looking forward to that.  :)

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on April 08, 2022, 09:25:56 PM
Today I received my Zhuchengtyrannus. I have to say, I'm very impressed by this figure! With the figure in hand I like the colors much more than I thought I would. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or that PNSO has improved their quality control, but my figure doesn't have any of the paint issues I've seen on others. The head and teeth are definitely an improvement over to the Tarbosaurus. When it comes to the inside of the mouth though, I feel the colors are a bit bland. In that regard Wilson is painted much better with more life like colors.

All in all, this one is definitely one of my favorite PNSO figures and it would go up in S tier if I had to place it in a tier list.

I should receive the Torosaurus in a few days. Looking forward to that.  :)
Congratulations!  If you have time and you don't mind, I'd love to see images of the paint on yours, especially the head.  It's amazing how much they differ from figure to figure.  I've collected images posted by other people and stills from video reviews and I like to compare them.  It just blows me away how different they can look depending on how light or dark the factory worker went on the dry brushing paint blend and also the pink orange color underneath some figures barely have any and others have a ton.   The PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus is my all time favorite dinosaur figure I've ever owned.  As much as I love Eofauna, it's going to be hard for them to beat this figure with their tyrannosaur. 

SRF

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS thank you! I'll try to make some photos somewhere in the coming days.

Yesterday I also received the Torosaurus. What a masterpiece this one is! Truly massive figure and I think it has the best  colors and paint application of any PNSO figure I own. Definitely their best ceratopsian so far.

Psittacoraptor

Finally got Lu Xiong, and wow, I can only add to the praise! PNSO's fine sculpt detail has improved so much. I can't believe I got this beauty for 30 USD shipped all the way from China. I'll be ordering the Torosaurus soon, as it seems to be of the same great quality.

SidB

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on April 14, 2022, 01:55:29 PM
Finally got Lu Xiong, and wow, I can only add to the praise! PNSO's fine sculpt detail has improved so much. I can't believe I got this beauty for 30 USD shipped all the way from China. I'll be ordering the Torosaurus soon, as it seems to be of the same great

You'll be pleased, I'll wager.

CARN0TAURUS

Finally got Lu Xiong, and wow, I can only add to the praise! PNSO's fine sculpt detail has improved so much. I can't believe I got this beauty for 30 USD shipped all the way from China. I'll be ordering the Torosaurus soon, as it seems to be of the same great quality.

Thanks for posting that and congratulations, you got a fantastic price AND a fantastic copy!  The areas that are supposed to be darker are darker and the lighter yellow green areas that are supposed to lighter are lighter.  You got that awesome contrast on the tail stripes that I had on my original broken tooth one.  On my replacement that tail area is all blended and faded out and without that nice contrast that really makes it pop.

Have you guys ever bought more than one copy of the same figure to see if you could get a better painted copy?  I suppose it's possible I could end up getting one that's even worse than my current one, LOL.  IDK, but I wish my first one didn't have broken teeth so I wouldn't be obsessing over how much better painted it was than my replacement :(

Lynx

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on April 14, 2022, 07:32:29 PM

Thanks for posting that and congratulations, you got a fantastic price AND a fantastic copy!  The areas that are supposed to be darker are darker and the lighter yellow green areas that are supposed to lighter are lighter.  You got that awesome contrast on the tail stripes that I had on my original broken tooth one.  On my replacement that tail area is all blended and faded out and without that nice contrast that really makes it pop.

Have you guys ever bought more than one copy of the same figure to see if you could get a better painted copy?  I suppose it's possible I could end up getting one that's even worse than my current one, LOL.  IDK, but I wish my first one didn't have broken teeth so I wouldn't be obsessing over how much better painted it was than my replacement :(

Whenever something has a broken part such as a toe or tooth, I like to think of it as part of the figure, making it look more natural and not picture perfect. That's just me though trying to save my money from buying a second figure though  :))
An oversized house cat.

Sim

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, I have bought more than one copy of a figure to try to get a copy that will satisfy me.  It's taken me quite a few copies sometimes!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: