News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Yes, I think I got lucky with this one. Sorry to hear your replacement has worse paint than the first. I personally wouldn't bother getting another copy, you never know if it will be better or worse than the one you already have. Unless you're into customizing figures, of course, then you could always find a use for a second copy.

paleochris

No new releases since 2 months, is PNSO affected by the confinements and the covid crisis in China?

Faras

Quote from: paleochris on April 16, 2022, 09:40:11 PM
No new releases since 2 months, is PNSO affected by the confinements and the covid crisis in China?

P @paleochris Torosaurus was released on 21st March, but yeah rumours say PNSO's factory is closed atm  :(

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Faras on April 17, 2022, 09:53:29 AM
Quote from: paleochris on April 16, 2022, 09:40:11 PM

P @paleochris Torosaurus was released on 21st March, but yeah rumours say PNSO's factory is closed atm  :(

I wonder if it'll be a long time before the much anticipated acrocanthosaurus releases?  They like to wait until the product is close to coming out before the promo pictures drop.  maybe this time they'll change strategy to create buzz while the figures go into production...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Sim on April 14, 2022, 11:24:59 PM
avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, I have bought more than one copy of a figure to try to get a copy that will satisfy me.  It's taken me quite a few copies sometimes!

If this was a $15-20 dollar piece I would have purchased a second one  already.  I'm still thinking about it... ;)

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on April 15, 2022, 05:15:42 PM
avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS Yes, I think I got lucky with this one. Sorry to hear your replacement has worse paint than the first. I personally wouldn't bother getting another copy, you never know if it will be better or worse than the one you already have. Unless you're into customizing figures, of course, then you could always find a use for a second copy.

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor
I have fooled around with repainting figures but never on something this expensive.  Repainting a figure like this would require me purchasing an airbrush, it would be criminal to repaint this the way I've repainted some of my less expensive figures.

Faras

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS I wager we'd probably see it by 18th June :) PNSO likes to schedule releases around Taobao sales, so there might new stuffs around start of May if things go smoothly.

Concavenator

Well, if PNSO's factory really is closed, I guess it's safe to assume there won't be any new releases until it reopens?
Hopefully things will start getting back to normal soon, the situation in China is difficult at the moment (well, and the whole world), so I hope you're well and take care. Thanks for keeping us informed.  :)

Faras

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Guess so yeah. Luckily Guangzhou has a decent history in dealing with COVID, high chance things will settle down in 2-4 weeks.

Thank you, I shall take extra care just in case :) (since I'm not vaccinated, tssk). A few new cases in my city, tho they are in another distinct and probably all in closed quarantine, so things are pretty normal atm.

Shane

Shipping is still $12 for Toro on Amazon, but there's a 7% off coupon so that's something.

Medzo

Quote from: Concavenator on April 17, 2022, 09:17:09 PM
Well, if PNSO's factory really is closed, I guess it's safe to assume there won't be any new releases until it reopens?

At least we (or just me) are getting some breathing room against this release tempo. I'm still planning to buy at least 4 figures from last year releases.

Carnoking

My Torosaurus showed up today, and this thing is just... wow. PNSO sure has been on a winning streak as of late. It's a shame they've run into complications but I honestly think it gives us more of a chance to truly appreciate their work rather than just turning immediately to the next thing. And this figure really is something to behold. They really went out on a high-note for the time being!

(And the baby is adorable!)

Spoiler

"Who are you guys?"
"We're you, but better."

Here's a group shot of all the recent ceratopsians so far. Here's hoping that some of the included artwork of Chasmosaurus, Protoceratops, Kosmoceratops, Spiclypeus, and Psittacosaurus (among many others) were teases of things to come.

"Stay close."

"Strayed too far"

"Royal Rumble"
[close]

JohannesB

Thank you for those excellent photo's, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. I am also awaiting this beautiful addition to my little PNSO collection. PNSO really hit it (almost) out of the ballpark with this one, although the other PNSO models I own surely are some of the most wonderful in my whole collection.

Medzo

Just started to move my humble collection to a new shelf system. I avoid putting out bipedals as I'm quite afraid their leg will bend.

Do you guys have any input on which theropods are sure to bend and which are holding their position? I know about Wilson and Paul, but what about the Zucheng-or Yutyrannus?

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thank you for those photos. That's an absolute must-have figure!

Carnoking

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on April 20, 2022, 04:00:43 PM
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thank you for those photos. That's an absolute must-have figure!
My pleasure! Had to show that beaut off!

Carnoking

Quote from: Medzo on April 20, 2022, 03:52:18 PM
Just started to move my humble collection to a new shelf system. I avoid putting out bipedals as I'm quite afraid their leg will bend.

Do you guys have any input on which theropods are sure to bend and which are holding their position? I know about Wilson and Paul, but what about the Zucheng-or Yutyrannus?

I have not experienced any pressing issues with either. There may be slight warping to the Zuchengtyrannus but it still stands fine for me. As for the yutyrannus, I haven't even been using it's little support rod and it's been fine!

Dusty Wren

I bought the Yutyrannus as soon as it released (so, almost a year ago?) and its legs haven't bent at all. I've only had the Zuchengtyrannus for a few weeks at this point, but it's still standing firm for me as well.
Check out my customs thread!

Faras

Brilliant photos avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, this Torosaurus really is their best ceratopsian!

avatar_Medzo @Medzo My shelves get sunlight through curtains, room temperature is 22-30C. Starting from Oct. 2020, I grabbed all prehistoric and museum line releases as soon as they came out. Only Wilson has small problem (he didn't fall, just left foot lifting 1-2mm off the ground after ~15 months), everything else stand fine with support (Giganotosaurus needs a small pebble, Yangchuanosaurus needs 180 degree turn).

ceratopsian

I have the Qianzhousaurus, Yutyrannus, Torvosaurus, Nanotyrannus and Allosaurus.  I display them all with their plastic support rods.  All are fine.  I bought had some of them several months now.  Kept in a room where I draw the blind down on sunny days.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: