News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys / Haolonggood - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 07, 2022, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In collaboration with Haolonggood, 1:35 Quetzalcoatlus with articulated jaw

Currently up for order on AliExpress and possibly elsewhere, with one finished figure and one unpainted. Customers will have a few months to paint it and submit it for a contest, the prizes for which are other GR Toys products, including a 1:20 Tyrannosaurus statue for the grand prize winner. It will be available without the unpainted figure later on.

In development:

Acrocanthosaurus

Therizinosaurus

Last and emphatically least, Tyrannosaurus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

GR Toys's offer is ingenious when it comes to raffling a tyrannosaurus rex figure, apart from other products, to the one who paints the best quetzalcoatlus, it is a good sales and consumer strategy. I honestly think that quetzalcoatlus is the best figure at least in terrestrial position of all those that exist in the market, although I already said that in the other thread.

I like the elegant modeling and texture of the dinosaur models and GR Toys is doing it exquisitely and perfectly.

Renecito

Great figure! I am definitely gonna buy it.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Carnoking

The paint contest is an interesting idea. I'm sure we'd see some very cool submissions from this community.

SenSx

Standing Quetzalcoatlus !
Great news !

The articulated jaw is not really pretty here though, but I'll do with it.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Interesting, I don't have high hopes of this actually coming to the public, but looks great! If it does release, fingers crossed it is fairly large and scales up with the other figures.
An oversized house cat.

Leyster

Quote from: Lynx on January 07, 2022, 10:50:09 PM
Interesting, I don't have high hopes of this actually coming to the public, but looks great! If it does release, fingers crossed it is fairly large and scales up with the other figures.
It's written that is 1:35... which means it will be probably anything from 1:35 to larger, so I don't think you have to worry for it being small
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Psittacoraptor

I would buy this despite the unsightly seam. Good pterosaur figures are just that rare.

Sim

Thanks for starting this thread Tim!  The Quetzalcoatlus is not for me.  I'm eagerly awaiting another GR Toys figure that captivates me as their Carcharodontosaurus did.  I'm hoping it will happen with their Tyrannosaurus (I hope that doesn't give you a nightmare!).

I don't like the idea of offering an unpainted version with the painted one unless you have the choice of getting the painted version on its own.  I guess that's because I'm not interested in painting figures and the paintjobs of GR Toys figures have been so good that it seems unnecessary to paint them yourself.  And besides you can always repaint an already painted figure.  I don't get offering unpainted versions of painted figures.

I wonder if the Quetzalcoatlus will only come in one colour scheme?  I've liked how GR Toys has offered two different colourations per figure and I would like that to continue, if it's okay for the company.

I hope GR Toys will make an Austroraptor, Tuojiangosaurus and Chasmosaurus belli in the future!  I think they would come out great in their style!  They are what I'd like the most from GR Toys.

Halichoeres

To clarify, according to the Paleofiguras post, it will be possible to order the painted figure only, but the initial orders will be bundled. I tend to agree GR Toys figures have very nice paint already; I couldn't hope to top them!

This is the first Quetzalcoatlus that's tempted me in a long time. I currently have the exhibit edition Colorata version (https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg214397#msg214397), but this one might be better in some respects. I don't love the jaw articulation, however.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Psittacoraptor

So it's really happening? Yay! I'll be ordering the unbundled painted one when it becomes available.

SenSx

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on January 12, 2022, 09:34:09 PM
So it's really happening? Yay! I'll be ordering the unbundled painted one when it becomes available.

Same here, like most people.
But still I wonder if PNSO is not going to strike back, they made lots of marine animals last year (it is still weird to hear that), it might be time for pterosaurs and honestly they can't miss the standing Quetzalcoatlus.

SidB

Quote from: SenSx on January 13, 2022, 01:22:05 AM

But still I wonder if PNSO is not going to strike back, they made lots of marine animals last year (it is still weird to hear that), it might be time for pterosaurs and honestly they can't miss the standing Quetzalcoatlus.
Its got to be just a matter of time before the PNSO 'Empire Strikes Back.' At least, I hope so.

SenSx

Quote from: SidB on January 13, 2022, 01:26:51 AM
Quote from: SenSx on January 13, 2022, 01:22:05 AM

Its got to be just a matter of time before the PNSO 'Empire Strikes Back.' At least, I hope so.

Lol
It's even a strategic mistake on their side not to have alwready made the Quetzalcoatlus.

DragonRider02

I'd really like to get that 2-pack and paint my own Quetz, but I am already dreading the price... It's two figures after all.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Do you know roughly when the actual release is?
Depending on when that is I might wait until release before buying rather than preordering. It depends whether its in February, March or April when other releases are coming. And whenever the Safari Ltd figures are coming.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

That price is certainly tempting; it's basically two big models for $18 each. I'm curious what the later individual release will list for in comparison (that's supposed to happen too, right?).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: