News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys / Haolonggood - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 07, 2022, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Stegotyranno420

Any more info on the contest regarding rules and due dates and submission? This is quite exciting

Faras

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Post by Haolonggood in Chinese forum says:

Please send pics of painted one (edit: you can submit figure pained by others with their permission) with "人人都是艺术家" DIY
活动 (translation: "everyone is an artist" DIY activity) in title to [email protected] by 31st May. Then all contenders will vote out the best three.

Rewards:
First place - a GRtoys 2020 limited edition 1:20 T. rex statue (prolly resin),
Second and third places - 1:35 GRtoys Dicraeosaurus (with base), Carcharodontosaurus (blue version).

PS: We are giving out Dicraeosaurus bases to first 50 folks who forward this post to WeChat friends circle and get 39 likes (please mail screenies to [email protected]).

DragonRider02

I think it's worth mentioning: according to one of the Aliexpress seller's product descriptions buyer (so potential winner) has to cover shipping cost of the reward  :P

Anyway, I am surprised with how low the price for the set is, I was expencting it to cost at least as much as their Carcha. Hopefully I will be able to order these next month or so.

Psittacoraptor

It says the unpainted one is "free". Does that mean the individual release will cost the same? I can't imagine it will, maybe it's another of Aliexpress' wonky auto-translations.

Abobo

Sim

I wonder what made GR Toys ditch the two colour scheme per figure rule they were previously following?  I quite liked how they offered two colourations per figure.  But I wish for the best for this company first and foremost, so if they're doing better with only one colour scheme per figure I support that.

I hope GR Toys reveals their Tyrannosaurus soon.  I've started considering getting PNSO's newest Wilson, and I'd like to see the one by GR Toys and Safari's new version if they're making one for 2022 before deciding which I like most and want to get.  I only need one Tyrannosaurus and I don't want to buy one and then another is revealed soon after that I like more.  I have no interest in REBOR's upcoming Tyrannosaurus, like the rest of their products, so that's two down I don't need to wait for.

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on January 20, 2022, 11:14:21 PM
I wonder what made GR Toys ditch the two colour scheme per figure rule they were previously following?  I quite liked how they offered two colourations per figure.  But I wish for the best for this company first and foremost, so if they're doing better with only one colour scheme per figure I support that.

I hope GR Toys reveals their Tyrannosaurus soon.  I've started considering getting PNSO's newest Wilson, and I'd like to see the one by GR Toys and Safari's new version if they're making one for 2022 before deciding which I like most and want to get.  I only need one Tyrannosaurus and I don't want to buy one and then another is revealed soon after that I like more.  I have no interest in REBOR's upcoming Tyrannosaurus, like the rest of their products, so that's two down I don't need to wait for.

Spoilers as it is slightly getting off-topic
Spoiler
I highly recommend buying the GR Toys Tyrannosaurus once it reveals, or Safaris if they do throw one out. I have the PNSO Wilson in person, and let me tell you it is probably one of my worse figures when it comes to looking nice on the shelf. Carnegie towers above it, and the low hanging position is er... interesting. Not to mention how fast the legs warp if you don't have the support rod. (it can stand, just looks awkward hanging on one foot.
[close]
I have high hopes for this companies depiction  :D
An oversized house cat.

Abobo

Duna

DragonRider02

I think it's obvious: the contest. The whole gimmick of this set is that you get second figure to paint yourself. The tagline 'everyone can be a great artist' is even printed on the box the figures come in. Having no second color option is a good way to encourage someone who is dissatisfied with color that we got to paint the second figure however they wish. It would be rather pointless to manufacture second paint variant.
Or maybe they will realese the second variant after the contest.

Fembrogon

Alright, I give; my preorder is in. Jurassic Zoo Store is estimating an arrival date of March 09, but I don't know if that's meant as release date or delivery date.

Halichoeres

Thanks for that photo avatar_Abobo @Abobo
It's a really large figure, no way is that 1:35. I think it's probably somewhere between 1:25 and 1:30.

The price is lower than I'd have expected; I think they must be including the unpainted one almost for free. I don't know what fraction of a figure's cost is the cost of painting it, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's most of it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Skorpio V.

Eager to see an inevitable paintjob replicating the Blue Rhino Studio one!!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

I forgot about Eofauna's possible Tyrannosaurus!  So that's three possible Tyrannosaurus figures I would like to see, along with PNSO's newest Wilson, before deciding which one to get.  It looks like after a Giganotosaurus phase there's been a Spinosaurus phase, and now there's a Tyrannosaurus phase!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Damn you, broken Bankaccount!

Looks lovey as it is. This would be the first (bigger) Quetz i would consider buying. I have the smol Kaiyodo and i love it. This second, unpainted one for the same price as one sounds quite nice to me. And i would love to paint one someday. I am not interested in this Contest, but a nice idea for making a name. The Pose is just great.

There is just one thing, and that is the Resin Version with a Base. We all know, Resin is more expensive, but this Base is a joke. I can't imagine, someone is really willing to pay 190 Euros for that. Then again.. As wonderful, as the Model itself is. The Base and the Colouration of the Base look like a cheap Toy.

Thanks for sharing :)

Pliosaurking

Let's hope their Rex turns out like their carcharodontosaurus

Fembrogon

AliExpress emailed me last night to notify that the Quetz has begun shipping!

JohannesB

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 22, 2022, 12:45:44 AM
Thanks for that photo avatar_Abobo @Abobo
It's a really large figure, no way is that 1:35. I think it's probably somewhere between 1:25 and 1:30.

The price is lower than I'd have expected; I think they must be including the unpainted one almost for free. I don't know what fraction of a figure's cost is the cost of painting it, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's most of it.

I've heard that most of the cost of the figure is indeed the process of painting it. So I assume that this extra figure could be added for very little extra. Maybe other companies will start doing the same (with some of their smaller figures). Anyway, this is a tempting offer by GR toys. I love repainting some my own figures. The fun here is that I don't have to repaint, but just paint the extra figure and also have the original, all for almost the price of one figure.

Sim

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 24, 2022, 10:03:12 PM
Let's hope their Rex turns out like their carcharodontosaurus

Yes, I hope so!  Based on previous models and one current model, out of the four Tyrannosaurus figures I'm considering, the GR Toys and Safari would have lips, while the Eofauna and PNSO wouldn't have lips.  This doesn't make it easier to decide which to get.  I need to see them, although I expect the GR Toys will be the nicest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: