News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Suspsy's Collection

Started by suspsy, November 22, 2012, 08:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Archinto on February 12, 2017, 05:43:17 PM
Wow nice setup! I wish I could say my Legorium was that that clean...

Sadly, it represents but a tiny fraction of my collection. Most of my large models are stored away. I'd need an entire basement to display them properly.

QuoteI love that big purple t-rex. is that the giant snap together model? I think I have seen one at my local hobby store in anchorage before, and was heavily debating on buying it. their price is still a bit ouch though.

Yeah, I got it for Xmas way back in 1992. Didn't get around to painting it until much later after the Beast Wars: Transformers series had aired. It was my 100th review. There's links to the original release, the version I own, and the latest incarnation.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/06/25/tyrannosaurus-rex-prehistoric-scenes-by-aurora/
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Sorry for the delay; it was a very busy day, especially with the recent snowfall.

Here are my thyreophorans.

My ornithopods.

My pterosaurs.

The CollectA Guidraco would have taken up too much space in the cabinet, so it lives on top of my old stereo instead. I reckon the CollectA Dimorphodon will inhabit the CD rack on the other side of the cabinet.

suspsy

Time for the last shelf!

Sea monsters.

And finally, prehistoric mammals.

That's my little display room. Hope you enjoyed it. I'll post an updated series of photos at the end of the year. :)

Bokisaurus

Lovely collection ^-^
Yeah, space is an issue for me as well. So many of my figures now are stored in bins :(

suspsy

Thanks. I often find myself wondering what I'll do once there's no more room in that cabinet. Rotate toys periodically, I guess.

Sigmasaurus

I've always wanted the Carnegie Tylosaur. Lucky that you have it! Nice collection!

billharrison

Quote from: SpinoLord on February 28, 2017, 04:17:30 AM
I've always wanted the Carnegie Tylosaur. Lucky that you have it! Nice collection!

FYI, Dean has it at Dejankins.com for $16.00, if you mean this one:

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: billharrison on March 01, 2017, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: SpinoLord on February 28, 2017, 04:17:30 AM

FYI, Dean has it at Dejankins.com for $16.00, if you mean this one:

Yes, I mean that one. nice!

suspsy

Yes, that Tylosaurus is one of my favourites. I like its colour scheme a lot more than the new WS's.

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on February 10, 2017, 01:25:26 PM
Okay folks, it's finally time to take that tour I've been promising!

This is what you see coming into my den. It's not big, but I've quickly come to love it. :)

Love the den, and great collection. We have a framed print of Tom Thomson's "The Jack Pine" hanging in our dining room along with a print of Cornelius Kreighoff's "The Habitant Farm". A little slice of English and French Canada. Used to pick up a print or original painting on every trip but quickly ran out of room.

suspsy

Thank you, Doug. Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven are my favourite artists. For myself, The Jack Pine brings back old memories of summer camp canoe trips in Algonquin Park. I actually hated them at the time (I was one of those kids who didn't like getting dirty), but they certainly did build character. I'd sure love to go back there someday and relive some of those routes. My parents used to have a print of Stormy Weather, Georgian Bay by FH Varley hanging in the dining room at our old cottage. I wish I had it to put in the adjacent room in our basement.

I will also mention that my family crest is hanging on the wall above the Transformers. :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on March 02, 2017, 02:40:08 PM
Thank you, Doug. Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven are my favourite artists. For myself, The Jack Pine brings back old memories of summer camp canoe trips in Algonquin Park. I actually hated them at the time (I was one of those kids who didn't like getting dirty), but they certainly did build character. I'd sure love to go back there someday and relive some of those routes. My parents used to have a print of Stormy Weather, Georgian Bay by FH Varley hanging in the dining room at our old cottage. I wish I had it to put in the adjacent room in our basement.

I will also mention that my family crest is hanging on the wall above the Transformers. :)

We bought our print of The Jack Pine on one of our stays in Algonquin Park, roughing it at Killarney Lodge  ;). We picked it up in an art gallery outside the park in Huntsville. We have a few originals from local artists on some of our trips, a great way to remember a visit and help out an artist.

suspsy

Heh. I bought my Jack Pine print at the National Gallery, then got it laminated at Costco.

suspsy

Here's all my Playmobil Dino sets. The grey crocodilian at the bottom right is actually from the Zoo series, but it fits in perfectly.

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

And here's all my Stone Age sets.

Reptilia

Playmobil did some nice prehistorics, I like a lot the Triceratops and Dimetrodon. Not bad the ice age figures too.

suspsy

Well, as you can all see, Photobucket decided today to try and force me into purchasing an updated account. They can hang by their thumbs first. I'm going to start up a Flickr account instead. I also have a package from Minizoo en route, so this will be another excuse to take a series of new collection photos.

In the mean time, I've replaced my Playmobil photos above.

suspsy

So begins my new collection gallery. Here's my 2015 Photo Contest entry. Still haven't submitted one for this year. Better get on that!

And here are my favourite mugs, photographed at my former condo which now seems a lifetime ago. Sadly, the Triceratops one recently suffered a crack as I was pouring hot tea into it. I now use it on my desk to keep pens and pencils in.

suspsy

Some more rescued images. Photobucket is being a genuine bastard right now. It's not even letting me download certain images, if you can believe it. >:(

Anyway, here's some old Chap Mei images.

IMG_5453_zpsff44cb40 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5455_zps0f383fe5 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5458_zps33b6ffaa by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

My Lego DINO sets.

IMG_5473_zps42bd02db by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5474_zpsd9b0ef33 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5475_zps44dd3800 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5480_zpsea8c9846 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5482_zps0b77ab69 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

And here's my Jurassic Park toys.

IMG_5451_zps4f7414d6 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5449_zps4080debf by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IMG_5446_zps3ed127fd by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

I spot DinoRiders amongst those JP toys ;) ..... nice collection of Lego Dinosaurs, a shame they made not more models in this series.

suspsy

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 11, 2017, 10:16:40 PM
I spot DinoRiders amongst those JP toys ;) ..... nice collection of Lego Dinosaurs, a shame they made not more models in this series.

Oh yes, forgot to mention the Tyco Ankylosaurus and Placerias.

Lego will probably be reusing those dinosaurs for Jurassic World 2. If any new ones are added, they'll probably be retools, just like how their Dilophosaurus and Indominus are retooled from the Velociraptor and T. rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: