News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

Started by dragon53, May 13, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 13, 2024, 02:30:47 AMI try to avoid speculation and spoilers but I'm wondering if his level
of threat has more to do with his control over the other new titan that's been hinted at.

Oh I'm certain that's part of it.

Spoiler
Shimo is supposedly larger than Godzilla ( Skar can ride it? )and the origin of all Titans. Her power caused the previous ice ages of earth and possibly froze Ghidorah.  It's being guessed she/he is being used as a weapon by Skar, beaten and forced to do his bidding. I'm assuming she will turn on Skar once freed as in most stories.
[close]

MLMjp

Quote from: Carnoking on February 13, 2024, 02:30:47 AMI try to avoid speculation and spoilers but I'm wondering if his level
of threat has more to do with his control over the other new titan that's been hinted at.
"Hinted at"

There's already toys of it on the shelves, everyone knows about it unless you live under a rock.

Or are you talking about the potential control Skar King has over it and not the kaiju itself?

Carnoking

The control aspect is what I was referring to.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 13, 2024, 02:42:24 PMavatar_MLMjp @MLMjp
The control aspect is what I was referring to.

I think a lot of the ideas there come from his look and equipment. The Whipslash ( not sure if that's a name of the weapon or it's attack..maybe both? ) makes him feel like a "tamer"? 

dragon53

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---director Adam Wingard gave additional comments on the sequel, "This is his version of a training routine. I'm really big into Shaw Brothers martial arts. Those films are always about, 'Here's a big threat, and you have to do all these things to pump yourself up so that you can take on that threat.' You're gonna see lots of different versions of Godzilla in this movie."

CityRaptor

Yeah, that is the only way I can see this guy being a danger that requires a team up. Presumbly he controls Shimo and has an army.

Wasn't there also something about him gaining the powers of Titans he killed at one point?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on February 13, 2024, 04:35:08 PMGODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---director Adam Wingard gave additional comments on the sequel, "This is his version of a training routine. I'm really big into Shaw Brothers martial arts. Those films are always about, 'Here's a big threat, and you have to do all these things to pump yourself up so that you can take on that threat.' You're gonna see lots of different versions of Godzilla in this movie."

Includeing "ROLAND EMERICHS"😆?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 13, 2024, 04:35:08 PMGODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---director Adam Wingard gave additional comments on the sequel, "This is his version of a training routine. I'm really big into Shaw Brothers martial arts. Those films are always about, 'Here's a big threat, and you have to do all these things to pump yourself up so that you can take on that threat.' You're gonna see lots of different versions of Godzilla in this movie."

Sounds like a ROCKY take on Godzilla/Kong.  ;D

I assume he means Godzilla changes throughout the film? Not just different Godzillas.   

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 13, 2024, 04:37:54 PMYeah, that is the only way I can see this guy being a danger that requires a team up. Presumbly he controls Shimo and has an army.

Wasn't there also something about him gaining the powers of Titans he killed at one point?

I've read he subjugates the kongs, ruling with fear.

I might have read that too, but there are a lot of theory videos and threads out there. Not sure what to believe on most of them. That's one reason spoilers don't bother me much.

Takama

People thoght the chrector dialoge was cringe in the previous films?   

Im litterly cringeing here

As for whats new.   So kong (if my Eyes are seeing right) just got his hand whipped off by his Big Red Knockoff.

Also

Spoiler
Where in the name of Godzilla is Shimu? They got her toys in store now, why bother keeping her a secret still🙄
[close]

MLMjp

I'm not gonna watch the new trailer, the internet will definitely spoil me the most notable frames of it, but it's better to have those images without the context than the trailer giving away too much context.

I already know about something that I`m not even sure if it's true or not since there seems to be evidence of it both being real or not, but the fact that I know about it kinda makes me mad. So I don't want to know anything else about this film until it drops.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 14, 2024, 05:46:13 PM

As for whats new.   So kong (if my Eyes are seeing right) just got his hand whipped off by his Big Red Knockoff.

Also

Spoiler
Where in the name of Godzilla is Shimu? They got her toys in store now, why bother keeping her a secret still🙄
[close]

I'll be discussing anything shown in trailers since that's not really a spoiler as it's out there. Just FYI.

I don't think it was ripped off, just slashed open.  Kong gets him back for it later protecting the baby oranga-kong.

That ice blast behind the lava was Shimo freezing Kong's weapon and his other hand...lava must be how Skar keeps her contained. You did get to see it's eyes and that huge ice blast out of the portal into the sky.

The human dialogue is much the same as the last trailer/previous film, not much of substance. I don't understand the "signal". If Skar is sending it why would he tell everyone his plan? Not very smart. 

We do seem to have three versions of Godzilla so far, the one from GvK , the blue radiation one and the pink radiation version.

JPuggy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2024, 01:01:38 AM

Also

Spoiler
[close]

I'll be discussing anything shown in trailers since that's not really a spoiler as it's out there. Just FYI.

I don't think it was ripped off, just slashed open.  Kong gets him back for it later protecting the baby oranga-kong.

That ice blast behind the lava was Shimo freezing Kong's weapon and his other hand...lava must be how Skar keeps her contained. You did get to see it's eyes and that huge ice blast out of the portal into the sky.

The human dialogue is much the same as the last trailer/previous film, not much of substance. I don't understand the "signal". If Skar is sending it why would he tell everyone his plan? Not very smart. 

We do seem to have three versions of Godzilla so far, the one from GvK , the blue radiation one and the pink radiation version.

I'm thinking the "signal" will be coming from the hollow earth humans we see in the first trailer, maybe they're trying to warn the surface?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JPuggy on February 15, 2024, 04:17:51 PM

Also

Spoiler
[close]

I'm thinking the "signal" will be coming from the hollow earth humans we see in the first trailer, maybe they're trying to warn the surface?

Possible. Though they say it's not just a signal, it's a call to war.  I don't think they would be doing that, if anything it would be a warning. The mute girl/Kong's friend seems to have a new link with Mothra too, I'm thinking they might be Mothra's people? A peace loving bunch.

JPuggy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 03:31:34 AM

Also

Spoiler
[close]

Possible. Though they say it's not just a signal, it's a call to war.  I don't think they would be doing that, if anything it would be a warning. The mute girl/Kong's friend seems to have a new link with Mothra too, I'm thinking they might be Mothra's people? A peace loving bunch.

That would be interesting, maybe the twin fairies will be in the movie?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JPuggy on February 16, 2024, 03:16:33 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 03:31:34 AM

Also

Spoiler
[close]

That would be interesting, maybe the twin fairies will be in the movie?

They sort of were in KOTM sort of.

QuoteInstead of tiny twin fairies, King of the Monsters includes twin sisters, Dr. Ilene and Ling Chen (both portrayed by Zhang Ziyi) as Monarch scientists who have spent a great deal of time studying Mothra.

But the Chens' connection to Mothra goes even deeper than that. Ilene and Ling are third generation Monarch scientists, following in the footsteps of their mother and her twin sister, as well their grandmother and her twin sister. In fact, Ilene is also the mother of two twin daughters, meaning that, in a rather unusual development, the Chen family has four generations of identical twin daughters. As for the three sets of twins who work for Monarch, they have all have spent much of their careers studying Mothra. For example, King of the Monsters includes a snapshot of the Chens' mother and aunt working at Monarch site on Infant Island in 1961 - the very same island from where Mothra originates in her 1961 film.

In Dr. Ilene Chen's profile on the Monarch Sciences website there's further information to connect her and her family to Mothra. As mythologists, the Chens believe deeply in myths being the guide to unlocking the truth about the Titans, studying primeval religions and ancient folklore. This is why when Ilene and her sister learn of loggers in the Yunnan Province of China saying they heard strange music being sung in the forests, the sisters investigate and later discover the Temple of the Moth. Inside this temple is where Monarch discovers the egg from which Mothra later hatches before entering chrysalis. Ling Chen is even present when Mothra emerges from her cocoon, almost mirroring the adoration of the Shobijin.

Brocc21

I must say I am significantly more excited after the second trailer. It looks more like hype schlock and not trash slop. And the praise from Yamazaki is very promising, or maybe it's just good business. Either way I think we're in for a very fun time.

On a side note, has anyone mentioned Skar's henchmen?

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've seen a couple videos talking about them, maybe his henchmen? We did see Suko brain one with a rock I think?

Spoiler
I've also heard a potential spoiler, not sure it's true and kind of hope it's not as I want to be surprised. This would be a doozy.

Everyone doesn't think Skar is all that big a threat. Shimo is supposedly being held prisoner by him.  What if the blue glow in Skar's eyes is Shimo controlling him? So if true, Shimo might be telekinetic.  According to this possible spoiler Shimo may become Space Godzilla at the very end of the film. That would certainly be a mind blower if real.   
[close]

dragon53

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---new sequel photo released of the Skar King.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Better shot than I've seen before, looks a lot more detailed than the trailers.

Also..if you've seen the leak on FB you know.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 23, 2024, 02:52:22 AMBetter shot than I've seen before, looks a lot more detailed than the trailers.

Also..if you've seen the leak on FB you know.

For a better refrence,  think of a scene ripped directly from "Speckles the Tarbosaurus" if any of you saw that film.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: