News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, July 30, 2022, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Yup. AND the CollectA version is roughly 1:35. The Schleich version will very likely be larger.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Renecito

Gallimimus

Edmontosaurus

Monolophosaurus

Tarbosaurus

Source: Paleofiguras.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Fembrogon

Gallimimus is still looking decent, and I might come around to the Tarbosaurus again. Monolophosaurus isn't that bad either, though it's maybe a bit unremarkable.
Edmontosaurus is looking goofier, on the other hand. I'm undecided on Gastonia.

Gwangi

I want a modern, accurate Gallimimus but... not like that. I'll keep waiting for someone to do it better. Still looking like the only Schleich toy I'll get next year is the Gastonia.

Halichoeres

I might still get the Gallimus but man they aren't making it easy. That design would be right at home on Sesame Street.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Renecito on November 23, 2022, 04:36:31 PM
I'm surprised *WarnerBros hasn't sued yet for this obvious ripoff...

postsaurischian

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on November 25, 2022, 07:42:27 AMI'm surprised Disney hasn't sued yet for this obvious ripoff...

That's not Disney, it's Warner Bros. ;) ;D .

bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 25, 2022, 10:16:09 AM
Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on November 25, 2022, 07:42:27 AMI'm surprised Disney hasn't sued yet for this obvious ripoff...

No, but it is pretty darn funny

Pliosaurking

...nothing great, but the tarbosaurus and Monolophosaurus are half decent, perhaps I'll get them.

Halichoeres

The texture on the hands and legs of the Gallimimus had been reminding me of something, and now I've realized what: The Thing from Fantastic Four.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2022, 08:20:29 PMThe Thing from Fantastic Four.

Yep, there it is. Knew it reminded me of something.

I don't think the texture is great, but that dark wash is making it look even worse. It's overemphasizing the weird cragginess of the...I guess they're supposed to be scales. I feel like some minor customizing and a new paint job could save this figure, but I'm not sure if it's worth putting in the work.
Check out my customs thread!

Gwangi

I'm happier with any Gallimimus from Mattel than I would be with that thing on my shelf, feathers be damned.

PrimevalRaptor

Tarbosaurus looks fairly decent, maaaay pick that one up down the line (though I thought that about quite a few Schleich models that then in hand didn't really catch my eye that much lol) and the Monolophosaurus still looks a bit odd but not as neckless.
The Gallimimus...yeah that's rough, the texture looks quite weird on this one despite the overall proportions seeming fine

TooOldForDinosaurs

Oops, my mistake  ::)  I corrected it.

GojiraGuy1954

Considering the situation Warner is in right now, it might not be that long until Daffy Duck actually is owned by Disney.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DinoFan2010

I am definitely wanting to get at least two of the Tarbos. One to keep in the original color, and I may repaint the other like the one from Camp Cretaceous.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

SidB

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on November 30, 2022, 09:45:53 AMI am definitely wanting to get at least two of the Tarbos. One to keep in the original color, and I may repaint the other like the one from Camp Cretaceous.

I'm finding myself liking that factory color scheme - tempted to get one. Do we know the release date?

DinoFan2010

Not yet, but I assume sometime from February to May is when they will release, as that's when they usually release them.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

SidB

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on December 01, 2022, 03:23:13 PMNot yet, but I assume sometime from February to May is when they will release, as that's when they usually release them.
Thanks -I can wait.

Prehistory Resurrection

[deleted]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: