News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on October 06, 2023, 05:28:36 PMi'm wondering too.  I'm assuming that the big sauropods have been quite successful given how they sell out every year at TRU and the fact that Mattel keeps offering them.   I don't see why they have to stick with what's been in the movies......they certainly don't for many other dino figures they've made, some of which i'd never heard of until the Mattel toy came out. So fingers crossed.

I prefer their movie dinosaurs, but now you have me hoping for a Jurassic Park River Adventure Ultrasauros.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Carnoking

Maybe there will be a new sauropod in the upcoming animated series

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 06, 2023, 07:59:53 PM
Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on October 06, 2023, 05:28:36 PMi'm wondering too.  I'm assuming that the big sauropods have been quite successful given how they sell out every year at TRU and the fact that Mattel keeps offering them.   I don't see why they have to stick with what's been in the movies......they certainly don't for many other dino figures they've made, some of which i'd never heard of until the Mattel toy came out. So fingers crossed.

I prefer their movie dinosaurs, but now you have me hoping for a Jurassic Park River Adventure Ultrasauros.

I'd take an entire River Adventure line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those fierce changers started showing up here a couple weeks ago, I haven't saw one sell yet.

BlueKrono

The Dreadnoughtus is on sale for 70% off in my area... only $19.49!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Not to mention that all that stuff is more expensive here to begin with.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Prehistory Resurrection

I'm neither American nor European, so you can imagine. Mattel Jurassic World toys cost a lot here because of inflation. Same when ordering online with shipping. There's not even  a wide selection here.

BlueKrono

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp We do get better prices on products made from fossil fuels. But we also have to worry about our kids getting shot every day they go to school. So it's a tradeoff.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnoking

Well, I have once again danced with the devil that is Target Circles Week and these two are the result. The way I rationalized it to myself was that by buying the HC Brach, I could get the Mamenchi for just 20 bucks more, which seemed a square deal.

Plus it was four years ago to the day that I first got my Legacy Brach (oh gosh, how time flies), so I thought this was an appropriate way to commemorate the day.

And the gang was ready to greet them.

First up, the Brach.

Spoiler

Personally, I couldn't imagine this figure being "better" than the legacy offering with the exception of the added articulation. People were commenting on how much nicer the sculpt and paint were but I just couldn't see it myself. But now that I have it in hand, it really is a night and day difference. The details are so much sharper and the paint job way more intricate, which seems to be a general trend with each new Mattel sauropod. I may still have a soft spot for that old Legacy Brach but I can't tell you how happy this HC one makes me.

There seems to be a disagreement between the two iconic sauropods of their respective franchise.

"Listen here you whippersnapper, I don't care how big you are or how haphazardly they plopped into the franchise, I'm the real star here!"
"The future is now, old man!"

[close]

Now for the Mamenchi.

Spoiler

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the head on this thing. That's a pretty decent representation of the SW maquette given how little reference there is to go off of.

The detail as a whole is quite nice, these sculpts just seem to get more and more crisp with each passing year.

That said, you're killing me with that snake neck and those thunder thighs. Not sure why they had to go and screw up those proportions. This figure could have been an easy knockout if they had followed closer to the concept art.

With the HC Brach.

And the original. Even on the mainline, the detail work has come a long way in four years.

Despite everything, at least it's not as proportionally disastrous as the Apatosaurus, even if it has still fatter legs.

Looks like the Dreadnought keeps its title as my favorite mainline Sauropod release, and with no other big sauropods for Mattel to draw on, it may just stay that way.

[close]

"Me and the boys"

Honestly at a loss for where I'm supposed to put all these things, but life will find a way.

Carnoking

While I'm at it, I might as well share all the other Mattel pickups I've come into over the past couple of months, be they random finds or the result of sales.

Got these two a while back during a different Target sale. The Indominus was such a great upgrade that I had to get another yesterday at Walmart for $18.00!

Speaking of sales, I wasn't going to get this until I happened upon it at half off. Nice to have another film accurate JP set.

Also managed to find these three at Walmart and BestBuy recently. Given how shoddy distribution has been for these smaller figures, I couldn't pass them up. I had actually given up on ever getting the Austroraptor, so it was a very pleasant surprise to find all these months later. Still never saw the Elaphrosaurus but I'll be darned if I'm paying 20 bucks to get it off Amazon.

I did also get an Ornithocheirus recently but forgot to get photos for proof  :P

Still haven't seen any of these figures a second time in the wild...

And finally, the Bistahieversor, another Target Circle deal.

andrewsaurus rex

i didn't know Mattel made a Gigantspinosaurus.  I may have to track that one down if I can.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on October 13, 2023, 01:45:47 PMi didn't know Mattel made a Gigantspinosaurus.  I may have to track that one down if I can.

i've one loose for sale or trade.

EmperorDinobot

ISO Epic Attack Toys, except for the Carnotaurus.

Hate to do it, but they never came here.

DinoFan2010

Pics of the new JP30 Advent Calendar are out, and while I can't find any PNG images of the toys themselves, they are as follows:
Ceratosaurus (Tan/Red variant)
Dilophosaurus
Tupandactylus
Dimetrodon
Stegosaurus (Brown/Teal variant)
Nasutoceratops
Velociraptors (Teal and Brown variants)
Ankylosaurus
Brachiosaurus (New!)
Herrerasaurus
Gallimimuses (Brown, Green, and Yellow variants)
Atrociraptor (Panthera)
Concavenator
Tyrannosaurus Rex (Brown variant)
Triceratops (Brown variant)
Also has the fences and person from last year's Advent Calendar.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Faelrin

avatar_DinoFan2010 @DinoFan2010  I have a pic on the first post on page one/op of this thread of that set's contents as well as the box.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Cretaceous Crab

The offspring and I are watching the extended version of JWD, and it has occurred to me that Mattel has yet to make an Oviraptor figure.

Or at least I don't recall they did. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CityRaptor

Not only Mattel. So far no company with the rights to make JW merch has done one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: