News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

POLL: What are your favorite toy companies?

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your favorite dinosaur toy companies?

Wild Safari
Carnegie
Collecta
Papo
Schleich
Bullyland
Kinto Favorite
Mojo
Battat
Invicta
Toyway (WWD & NHM)
Kaiyodo
Colorata
Sega
Kenner/Hasbro (JP)
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Playskool
Starlux
Marx
Other (specify in comments)

Hellraptor

I voted this

Wild safari
Carnergi
papo
Kenner
dino riders
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Concavenator

I voted:
Carnegie
Papo
Wild Safari
CollectA.

I don't think Carnegie dinosaurs look realistic,just very accurate (in some models,I mean  ;) ,but not life-like.They look like cool interpretations to me.

I really love Papo dinosaurs a lot.The exquisite detail,the amazing paintjob...While they know their dinosaurs are sometimes used by small children (whose sometimes doesn't care very well the model)they do put lots and lots of detail,and a great paintjob,so they gain people's love (collector's love mainly),while Schleich know their products are being used for common play and they release goofy looking abominations  >:(
They are my personal favorite brand,and the most life-like ones.

I see Wild Safari as (usually)estatic representations of relatively obscure dinosaurs,though they must avoid clown feet .

I see CollectA as very creative,unusual representations of dinosaurs.They also release some very unusual and obscure creature,which I congratulate them of.
These are my opinions  :)

tyrantqueen

As of 2013, my top favourites are:

1. Kaiyodo
2. Papo
3. Carnegie

It was tough to choose between Papo and Carnegie (I like them both) but Carnegie has been slow to update their old models (and honestly, some of them are pretty bad) so I think that kind of stops me from liking the line more.

And my less (but still liked) favourites are:

4. Favorite Ltd
5. Battat

Favorite are really good, although some of the sculpts I don't like. And I like that they incorporated stands in their bipedal models.
I liked some of Battats sculpts (such as their incredible Diplodocus and Tyrannosaurus) but I do not like others (such as the Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus)

If Mojo's dinosaurs turn out to be really something, maybe they'll make my list one day ;)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

For me, Papo, Wild Safari, and Carnegie carried the day.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Raptoress

1st. Papo
2nd. CollectA
3rd. Schleich (don't hate me for this, I know a lot of their models are 'inaccurate' and some are downright awful, like the old T Rexes but their newer stuff, I actually think are cool)

I personally don't see all the fuss about Invicta. I actually really don't like them. At all. I know I'm gonna get people saying how important they are to the model dinosaur world, but to me they look like cheap, un-detailed, ugly Chinasaurs. I just don't like the sculpting style nor the fact they look so plain. Overall they're just overrated. Sorry if this offends anyone, it's just my opinion.

Gwangi

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on October 16, 2013, 11:20:42 PM
1st. Papo
2nd. CollectA
3rd. Schleich (don't hate me for this, I know a lot of their models are 'inaccurate' and some are downright awful, like the old T Rexes but their newer stuff, I actually think are cool)

I personally don't see all the fuss about Invicta. I actually really don't like them. At all. I know I'm gonna get people saying how important they are to the model dinosaur world, but to me they look like cheap, un-detailed, ugly Chinasaurs. I just don't like the sculpting style nor the fact they look so plain. Overall they're just overrated. Sorry if this offends anyone, it's just my opinion.

You have to take them in context with their time. By today's standard they don't hold up as well but these things were modeled in the 1970's. At the time and up until Carnegie started releasing their line these were the only scale model toy dinosaurs available. And they were the most accurate too. Up until then the best dinosaurs you could find were toys like those by Marx. The Invicta line revolutionized the dinosaur toy world. I understand why a lot of people "don't get it" but for a lot of us the Invicta line is not only nostalgic but also of historical value where dinosaur toys are concerned. Also, have you seen some of their models? Check out the level of detail on their Triceratops. I can't agree with you that they're un-detailed.

Seijun

Aliciaraptor: Please let me know where you are seeing chinasaurs that look like this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7223/6903887810_edb22f2a46_b.jpg  ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

I personally don't like Invicta that much either...but they definitely don't deserve to be compared to chinasaurs.

Zhuchengotyrant

I picked all, but for other: Shapeways
Does that count?
-Zhuchengotyrant

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on November 28, 2013, 05:33:15 PM
I picked all, but for other: Shapeways
Does that count?
No, it doesn't. Shapeways models are not toys (with the exception of those that are specifically stated to be so, such as David Krentz's Chubbies)

Jetoar

Invicta has a personal place in my heart because they were the toys of my chilhood. Currently I think that their Liopleurodon is one of the best  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

Now :  ;)
1.Carnegie
2.Papo
3.Wild Safari
4.CollectA

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I removed my vote for Carnegie and replaced it with CollectA. Carnegie is great, but I'm too disappointed with this year's offering. CollectA, on the other hand, has an impressive and quality lineup this year and has shown drastic improvement.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Vladozaur

my  favourite   toy  companies  are    collecta,Schleich  ,SAfari ltd and  carnagie

Zhuchengotyrant

I do not like Papo. I don't know why, I just don't
-Zhuchengotyrant

Hynerpeton

Most or all of the major companies. I have some small figures. But its ok.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

EmperorDinobot

stargatedalek

Kaiyodo, Colorata, Safari ltd, and Scleich <hahaha nope

Ultimatedinoking

Kenner, best jp Dinos.

Papo, if it wasn't only found at the hospital!

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Takama

Well My tastes had changed since this Poll was first made in 2012.

Back then, I never ever thought I would ever get my hands on a Battat Dinosaur, so I never even tried to collect them because they were rare and expensive.  Now that there back, and easily available at a store that I shop at, they are my favorite company

My next favorite is Geoworld (Yes really)

my third is CollectA

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: