News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorgosaurus

Agree that the new Champsosaurus looks very good - and also that at the small size mb-cg´s fine details may not be very visible on a WSF 3D print. I´ll still buy a few of these though, perhaps in the more expensive FD material.
Spike.

Battatitan

I can't believe that I haven't replied to this topic before - every single model is beautiful and a stunning creation. All I can say is congratulations, thank you for sharing and please continue to create such wonderful models: they're a pleasure to see and enjoy.   :))

Joel

Here is one of the mb_cg 1/72 Chasmosaurs, painted like Raul Martin's:

another shot:

With Krentz's Tyrannosaurus:

With my other 1/72 dinos by Mr. Mr. Bejarano

Quote from: mb-cg on February 16, 2013, 01:59:21 AM
Thank you Joel, I don't mind asking your question :D In Shapeways for every figure there is a price per cm3 for each material and then you add a markup, and that is what you earn (Shapeways also have a markup fee). I try to hollow the models as much as I can and add a low markup to get the lowest prices possible. Reading the comments and seeing the photos are a great motivation :D
I'm glad that Shapeways gives you a cut of the sale; you certainly deserve it! I'm glad that you enjoy making these guys, as I enjoy adding them to my collection!

paleoferroequine

I just ordered the Coronosaurus in WSF 1/40th and got an email that said it couldn't be printed. (Too fragile) I was going to reorder since maybe something is wrong only with the particular alignment for this one. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise I will reorder. BTW, I'm thrilled with these ceratopsians! ;D

ingenia

I think your work is fantastic, you are so fast in doing these sculptures,wow!

gorgosaurus

Quote from: paleoferroequine on February 18, 2013, 05:41:41 PM
I just ordered the Coronosaurus in WSF 1/40th and got an email that said it couldn't be printed. (Too fragile) I was going to reorder since maybe something is wrong only with the particular alignment for this one. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise I will reorder. BTW, I'm thrilled with these ceratopsians! ;D
I received 2 of them a week ago, no problems, part of a larger order of 6 of mb-cg´s Dinosaurs.
Spike.

gorgosaurus

I have modified the Champsosaurus model following your indications. I read that the Champsosaurus was about 1.5m/5ft long that will be 3,8cm in the final figure, so I don't think the little details will be seen. Here is a comparison with the last version:

So, it might be feasible to make several poses of these available in 1/40 and 1/20?
I´d buy some in both scales. Perhaps in Frosted Ultra Detail.

Spike.

SBell

Quote from: gorgosaurus on February 19, 2013, 01:21:44 AM
I have modified the Champsosaurus model following your indications. I read that the Champsosaurus was about 1.5m/5ft long that will be 3,8cm in the final figure, so I don't think the little details will be seen. Here is a comparison with the last version:

So, it might be feasible to make several poses of these available in 1/40 and 1/20?

Spike.

I just realized that with a bit of skull tweaking, the scuted version could easily become a Sarcosuchus or Terminonaris (a North American relative that was about 7m-8m long, but I don't believe had quite the bulbous snout), which would be awesome as well.

mb-cg

I have made a few poses and I think that I will upload them as a pack in FUD material. It will be about 10$ the pack of five 1/40 Champsosaurus. I will do a pack with swimming poses too:

Quote from: Battatitan on February 16, 2013, 08:56:13 PM
I can't believe that I haven't replied to this topic before - every single model is beautiful and a stunning creation. All I can say is congratulations, thank you for sharing and please continue to create such wonderful models: they're a pleasure to see and enjoy.   :))

Thank you Batatitan!!

Quote from: paleoferroequine on February 18, 2013, 05:41:41 PM

It have been printed severeal times, so I have contacted the Shapeways staff and I think there won't be problems  :D

Quote from: Joel on February 17, 2013, 12:54:15 AM
Thank you Joel, I don't mind asking your question :D In Shapeways for every figure there is a price per cm3 for each material and then you add a markup, and that is what you earn (Shapeways also have a markup fee). I try to hollow the models as much as I can and add a low markup to get the lowest prices possible. Reading the comments and seeing the photos are a great motivation :D
I'm glad that Shapeways gives you a cut of the sale; you certainly deserve it! I'm glad that you enjoy making these guys, as I enjoy adding them to my collection!

Thanks for sharing the photos and great painting on the Chasmosaurus!!

Quote from: ingenia on February 18, 2013, 06:51:22 PM
I think your work is fantastic, you are so fast in doing these sculptures,wow!

Thank you ingenia, I saw your first zbrush model and I think is great, better than my first 3d models for sure  :D

Quote from: SBell on February 19, 2013, 02:00:53 AM
Quote from: gorgosaurus on February 19, 2013, 01:21:44 AM

Spike.

I just realized that with a bit of skull tweaking, the scuted version could easily become a Sarcosuchus or Terminonaris (a North American relative that was about 7m-8m long, but I don't believe had quite the bulbous snout), which would be awesome as well.

I think a 1/40 would be printable in WSF, I have to test it. This basemesh can be used for almost every crocrodile like species.

SBell

I like that assortment! It looks great. I've never purchased anything FUD before, so I am curious what it will look like (the price is decent too, which helps).

Will the swimmers have bases of some kind?

amargasaurus cazaui

Has there been any further progress on Yinlong, was sitting there ready to grab the little guy, but havent seen anything further? Perhaps a psittacosaurus, or koreaceratops, leptoceratops , anything?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 19, 2013, 11:22:52 PM
Has there been any further progress on Yinlong, was sitting there ready to grab the little guy, but havent seen anything further? Perhaps a psittacosaurus, or koreaceratops, leptoceratops , anything?
mb-cg is working on the Champsosaurus right now. I won't be buying it personally, but why not let other people have a chance to request what they like?
No offense, but it seems greedy that you're requesting more basal ceratopsians when a Yinlong has already been made. Many other people have made requests too but they have had to wait.

mb-cg

Quote from: SBell on February 19, 2013, 08:39:39 PM
I like that assortment! It looks great. I've never purchased anything FUD before, so I am curious what it will look like (the price is decent too, which helps).

Will the swimmers have bases of some kind?

This is something I have to think, don't know what people prefer and what kind of base I would add.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 20, 2013, 01:46:03 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 19, 2013, 11:22:52 PM
mb-cg is working on the Champsosaurus right now. I won't be buying it personally, but why not let other people have a chance to request what they like?
No offense, but it seems greedy that you're requesting more basal ceratopsians when a Yinlong has already been made. Many other people have made requests too but they have had to wait.

There's no problem tyrantqueen, I always like to have two or three projects at the same time to stay motivated (I will show the third one when I'm happy with it  :D). I'm working on a base for the Yinlong, here is a picture of the progress:

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2013, 07:27:29 AM
Very cool of you and much appreciated.  I believe Microceratus is about 24'' as an adult.

A newly hatched or very young Allosaurus..maybe it be a 12" or so ?  I'm not sure any eggs have been found to be exact.  I had heard about one last year but haven't any more info on it since. There are apparently some Allosaur-like eggs in Portugal but again no pics.

Here is  a video of one Crawely Creatures did : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoRLwSOiWOw&list=UUfIX6hJVq3z_bJyCMjaknGA&index=5

Thanks for the video, that hatchling Allosaur reminds me of the ones in the Big Al special of Walking with Dinosaurs.

amargasaurus cazaui

Really? Where or who has made a yinlong so far? I am unsure where you get that idea, or would make the comment at all. There is the koreacreatops resin being offered by Geene models, and A few figures of leptoceratops out there, but beyond that the next closest thing offered is a psittacosaurus.
The model he posted of the Yinlong previously was never brought to market or i would have bought it , smiled, and been delighted of course. I do not think it exceptionaly greedy to keep following up on the project I knew he had begun.
Aside from that, if I could get the figure ordered, and then painted I could use it for a public display in april viewed over the weekend by some 20,000 people, that will show the Psittacosaurus skeleton I own alongside dinosaurs that are both ancestral and descended from it. The entire day of friday of that weekend we bus in some 20,000 schoolkids to view the exhibits free of charge. I felt the yinlong might help flesh out this display.
  I think it borders on harassment when members insist on their right to speak their ideas then attempt to tell others what they can say.
  The model is gorgeous !!! Not to sound greedy or rude at all but as was done with the champosaurs and ceratopsians, is there a concept to offer more than a single pose? Thanks again for all your efforts and attentions to my single request for a basal ceratopsian, and the model is gorgeous. When its offered please let me know so I can buy it.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

PS, kudos to Blade for suggesting the Microceratus, another basal ceratopsian ..... another surefire sale for me if it is done. Thanks for suggesting it Blade.

tyrantqueen

QuoteThere's no problem tyrantqueen, I always like to have two or three projects at the same time to stay motivated (I will show the third one when I'm happy with it  :D). I'm working on a base for the Yinlong, here is a picture of the progress:
Can I ask what the third project will be or is? :)) I'd probably end up buying it anyway, if it's a dinosaur (regardless of species) but it's always nice to see what you have in store. Thanks :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not a problem at all..I do believe that baby Allo is by the same company that created some if not all the dinos for the WWD series hence the resemblance.  :)

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 20, 2013, 03:37:06 AM
PS, kudos to Blade for suggesting the Microceratus, another basal ceratopsian ..... another surefire sale for me if it is done. Thanks for suggesting it Blade.

No problem. I would love to buy 3 or more to create a small " herd ? " for my dino park here.  Would be different than the smaller carnivores  I will have as well.  Just need to figure out how best to seal these resin pieces for outdoor display. ;)

Man..the way these are coming so quick..MB-CG ? Do you have a frequent buyer program or something ? lol ;D

SBell

In response to the base question--it just seems that a figure in a diving position may not be easily displayed without something holding it up. I know that making something isn't impossible--I've got lots of Colorata acrylic rods and a base can be made of anything, really--but sometimes it's nice to have a one piece somehow!

And while I hate to weigh in...I think Tyrantqueen was referring to your specifically asking this artist for more progress (and more, similar dinos) when he has so many other suggestions and projects ongoing--when they're done, he lets us know!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: SBell on February 20, 2013, 05:21:19 AM
In response to the base question--it just seems that a figure in a diving position may not be easily displayed without something holding it up. I know that making something isn't impossible--I've got lots of Colorata acrylic rods and a base can be made of anything, really--but sometimes it's nice to have a one piece somehow!

And while I hate to weigh in...I think Tyrantqueen was referring to your specifically asking this artist for more progress (and more, similar dinos) when he has so many other suggestions and projects ongoing--when they're done, he lets us know!
Er so  we by that logic shouldnt be suggesting further champosaur type animals, poses and such , as well as modications to the existing model correct? That would seem very greedy when he has already finished one model yes? He will of course let you know when they are done yes? Isnt this the same thing your complaining about? I guess it just looks better when you do it right?
  The yinlong is NOT finished and why I inquired is all. Meantime there were multiple horned dinosaurs made, retrosaurs and now the champosaurus, which we want in all sizes, shapes, poses and now species. Apparently since I am not inquiring about the retro figures or the champosaurus I am not supposed to post according to your comments. I am waiting and wanting to purchase the item for a given purpose as I stated. I am not moving and unable to even purchase, so I am unsure why you would attempt to censor my posts.
  Please notify me when the model is completed Manuel, and thanks for your work. The model is amazing. I recently purchased your herrasasaurus despite not caring much for Shapeways from a previous bad transaction. It has gone to England and is in Mr Garrets capable hands for painting and basing. Perhaps I can offer pictures soon. Thanks for all your efforts, and the gorgeous work.

postsaurischian

The Yinlong looks AMAZING :D!! I want it!!

Dear DTF members: Please stop the struggling! It's so inappropriate, regarding all these lovely new creations here.
Do not scare our wonderful new Shapeways creator away ;)!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: