News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mb-cg

I updated the model after you placed the order so I think the older version will be printed. The changes are very subtle, but if you want the newest version I think you need to reorder it. Just in case ask the Shapeways staff for more safety.

amargasaurus cazaui

Had meant to share this before and it slipped my mind. I had requested Martin Garrat repaint a Carnegie Plateosaurus for me, and use as a foreground piece, the hyperodapedon-scaphonyx sculpted by MB. I love the detail of the small piece, and Martin made it really talk with his color choices and patterns. Great accompanying figure to my Plateosaurus.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

wings

Quote from: mb-cg on November 11, 2013, 10:44:32 PM
Thanks for the information, I have fixed a bit that jaw muscle, but don't if it's enough. Here is an image of how it's now:

At this point all we can do is speculate the muscle mass on extinct animals. Sometimes I'm not even sure whether the jaw closing muscle (mPTv) drawn on Witmer's is large enough... (see images below, to me it seems the bulk of the muscle in these photos is "larger" than the one depicted on the paper)

Maybe it has something to do with the robustness of the jaw bones (as an indicator of muscle size) though those on tyrannosaurids are quite "chunky". But right now there is no way to tell whether it is one way or another.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 12, 2013, 03:23:49 AM
Had meant to share this before and it slipped my mind. I had requested Martin Garrat repaint a Carnegie Plateosaurus for me, and use as a foreground piece, the hyperodapedon-scaphonyx sculpted by MB. I love the detail of the small piece, and Martin made it really talk with his color choices and patterns. Great accompanying figure to my Plateosaurus.

Nice model and diorama. Was the colouration of the Platty based on the Zallinger mural? The striping seems quite similar (although the blue looks to be toned down a bit)

I think it's pretty cool to put a new spin on old artwork like this.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 12, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Nice model and diorama. Was the colouration of the Platty based on the Zallinger mural? The striping seems quite similar (although the blue looks to be toned down a bit)

I think it's pretty cool to put a new spin on old artwork like this.
I had actually noticed that myself earlier when he showed me the piece. I sent it to Martin and did not specify a paint scheme, so he chose this himself. Once I saw the complete version I asked the dark outlines be applied to the striping...as a final touch to make them stand out more. Martin's original version would have been even closer.
This has always been one of the Carnegie pieces I most liked so I was delighted to get a second version of it.Hard to tell my original version of the toy had massive paint rubs, and names written all over in it ink pen, relicas of some child's overzealous parents.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

radman

Congrats on your very nice museum-quality model.
Jealous.   ;)

mb-cg

The diorama looks great, wonderful work by Martin Garratt as always

Quote from: Jetoar on November 12, 2013, 09:19:14 AM
Wondeful Lythronax  ^-^.

Thank you  :D

I have uploaded a new pose of the Yangchuanosaurus. Here is the link and a few renders the two poses I have done: http://shpws.me/pNia

jtn144

That looks great! I'm still wishing you release the dead pose, morbid as it may sound. Do you plan on new poses for the Lythronax?

amargasaurus cazaui

I have been wondering about something and wanted to ask you, regarding the signs that are like warning signs for Jurassic park. Do these come already painted in the correct colors, or how does that work? How is the lettering and coloring achieved? Following that line of questioning how difficult is it to .....alter the sign to another species? Are you able to make some small alteration where I might purchase one that would refer to Psittacosaurus for instance? Input or thoughts?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 16, 2013, 03:34:21 AM
I have been wondering about something and wanted to ask you, regarding the signs that are like warning signs for Jurassic park. Do these come already painted in the correct colors, or how does that work? How is the lettering and coloring achieved? Following that line of questioning how difficult is it to .....alter the sign to another species? Are you able to make some small alteration where I might purchase one that would refer to Psittacosaurus for instance? Input or thoughts?
I'm not Manuel B, so sorry if it seems as if I'm speaking for him, but I can say that if you buy in full colour sandstone, it will be coloured for you. See here: http://www.shapeways.com/materials/sandstone.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 16, 2013, 04:02:38 AM
I'm not Manuel B, so sorry if it seems as if I'm speaking for him, but I can say that if you buy in full colour sandstone, it will be coloured for you. See here: http://www.shapeways.com/materials/sandstone.
I appreciate the answer TQ...now I just have to see if I can twist his arm to upload one for my psittacosaurus !!

mb-cg

Quote from: jtn144 on November 16, 2013, 03:28:42 AM
That looks great! I'm still wishing you release the dead pose, morbid as it may sound. Do you plan on new poses for the ?

I think the dead pose will be the next one, although it's a bit sad killing him XD And for the Lythronax I want to do a few more poses, and maybe a feathered version of the pose I uploaded, I'll see.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 16, 2013, 04:02:38 AM

No problem, all help is welcome  :D

I still have that model, so it's easy to make a version of any dinosaur. Post the skeleton image you want (the skull or the entire body) and I make the Psittacosaurus version.

jtn144

Great news! Though it is sad to kill the poor fellow, you could always resurrect him for a prone pose, lol!

amargasaurus cazaui

If you are willing and would not mind I would love to get my hands on a version that uses Psittacosaurus, and viewing the possible image choices I would tend to prefer the skeleton version over the skull. I would love to have one for my Psittacosaurus case actually.

Marek44

Are there any chances for 1/72 versions?

mb-cg

Quote from: jtn144 on November 17, 2013, 02:51:21 AM
Great news! Though it is sad to kill the poor fellow, you could always resurrect him for a prone pose, lol!

After millions of years dead, I think he will be able to resurrect once more XD

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 17, 2013, 03:05:42 AM
If you are willing and would not mind I would love to get my hands on a version that uses Psittacosaurus, and viewing the possible image choices I would tend to prefer the skeleton version over the skull. I would love to have one for my Psittacosaurus case actually.

Here is a test I did. What do you think?

Quote from: Marek44 on November 17, 2013, 10:29:57 AM
Are there any chances for 1/72 versions?

Yes, when I finish the different 1/40 poses I want to do 1/72 versions.

amargasaurus cazaui

Oh wow, that is awesome. I love it. I hadnt expected you to actually find a psittacosaur image for the thing as well, lol. It looks great to me.
Are these the only colors you tried or did you experment with one colored like the t rex? I think its awesome what you did with it.

mb-cg

I only experimented with the colours that are shown in the Jurassic Park map (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120609001826/jurassicpark/images/6/60/Jptourmap2.jpg), green for herbivores and red for dangerous carnivores.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: mb-cg on November 19, 2013, 12:01:42 AM
I only experimented with the colours that are shown in the Jurassic Park map (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120609001826/jurassicpark/images/6/60/Jptourmap2.jpg), green for herbivores and red for dangerous carnivores.
I had never seen that map before !!! It makes perfect sense to me now. I love the sign and would be glad to grab it if you can make it availible. I love that you used an actual psittacosaurus image with it. This will go so well with my display

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: