News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteMeanwhile I have uploaded another pose of the Yangchuanosaurus, finally I killed him :'(
Rofl >:D Don't worry, he died for a good cause. The diorama fans will be pleased :)

SpartanSquat

Dude I love your concavenator! Its so very detailed1 Did you used dynamesh for this?

amargasaurus cazaui

Manuel, if you ever lack for projects, I would toss my own suggestion out there....one of the more recent discoveries that has not been done by anyone and could be done in larger scale...Pegomastax Africana !!! Very exotic looking and unique dinosaur . Just a suggestion and I do know your creative zone is lined with them already, just my two cents. Love the steady stream of unique models you have been chugging out there lately. And they say my psittacosaurus sign is to be delivered in a few days, so excited for that, many thanks again.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

I received my 1/35 Concavenator today.

I like it very much, although I was a bit disappointed that some of the details in the 3D mesh did not show in the final model, but I guess that is to be expected in Shapeways models.

Btw, MB, have you ever considered turning your 3D models in resin kits? Like how David Krentz does with his Saurozoic collection. It would take full advantage of the details in the models that way.

Anyway, thanks for making these models and being so open to our feedback also :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Lucky.... I'm thinking about getting one of those as well.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

mb-cg

Quote from: RolandEden on November 29, 2013, 12:43:31 PM
Dude I love your concavenator! Its so very detailed1 Did you used dynamesh for this?

I use Mudbox for sculpting because I find it more intuitive, although Zbrush has lots of powerful features.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 29, 2013, 12:57:08 PM
Manuel, if you ever lack for projects, I would toss my own suggestion out there....one of the more recent discoveries that has not been done by anyone and could be done in larger scale...Pegomastax Africana !!! Very exotic looking and unique dinosaur . Just a suggestion and I do know your creative zone is lined with them already, just my two cents. Love the steady stream of unique models you have been chugging out there lately. And they say my psittacosaurus sign is to be delivered in a few days, so excited for that, many thanks again.

The Pegomastax is in my list of future projects, I even have a basemesh for it. It is really small, so I don't know what scale I would use, maybe 1:4.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 29, 2013, 04:37:58 PM
I received my 1/35 Concavenator today.

I like it very much, although I was a bit disappointed that some of the details in the 3D mesh did not show in the final model, but I guess that is to be expected in Shapeways models.

Btw, MB, have you ever considered turning your 3D models in resin kits? Like how David Krentz does with his Saurozoic collection. It would take full advantage of the details in the models that way.

Anyway, thanks for making these models and being so open to our feedback also :)

Thank you for uploading that photo :D It would be great to do resin kits of some of my models, but printing a high resolution figure is very expensive and I don't have any experience making resin kits.

I have finally an enemy for my Stegosaurus, the Ceratosaurus. Here is a render of both models:

jtn144

I'm adding these two to my list! I would love to buy these all again as resin models. I think Mr. Krentz could point you in the right direction.

tyrantqueen

QuoteThank you for uploading that photo :D It would be great to do resin kits of some of my models, but printing a high resolution figure is very expensive and I don't have any experience making resin kits.
That's understandable, but for what it's worth, you definitely have the talent for it :)

amargasaurus cazaui

The Pegomastax is in my list of future projects, I even have a basemesh for it. It is really small, so I don't know what scale I would use, maybe 1:4.

Most references I see place the dinosaur at around 60 centimeters in total length or just under 24 inches long . A 1/4 scale would make the model then roughly six inches which would be about correct. If you were to go 1/2 it would be a foot long and require two seperate pieces for the process.Think that scale would be right on target for the dinosaur.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Manuel, Shapeways is really confusing me as to the approximate size of models on that site. Can you tell us exactly how big (in inches) most of your models are? Again, I know Shapeways says, but I also know that Shapeways has a track record of having the wrong dimensions. Thanks.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 03, 2013, 05:24:42 AM
Manuel, Shapeways is really confusing me as to the approximate size of models on that site. Can you tell us exactly how big (in inches) most of your models are? Again, I know Shapeways says, but I also know that Shapeways has a track record of having the wrong dimensions. Thanks.
My 1/35 Concavenator model is just over 6 inches from nose to tail, but Shapeways lists it as a little over 5 inches. I didn't know Shapeways had a track record of getting the measurements wrong, where did you read that? Just curious.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

TQ, I've heard it from several forum members, and I have also heard that in many cases, like the one you mentioned, it is only about an inch off.
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pretty awesome Ceratosaurus bud !

SpartanSquat

Fantastic job in the ceratosaurus! One question, the plates and the spikes are subtools?

mb-cg

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 03, 2013, 01:54:44 AM
QuoteThank you for uploading that photo :D It would be great to do resin kits of some of my models, but printing a high resolution figure is very expensive and I don't have any experience making resin kits.
That's understandable, but for what it's worth, you definitely have the talent for it :)

Thank you :D  Who knows, maybe in a future I try it

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 03, 2013, 04:00:37 AM

Most references I see place the dinosaur at around 60 centimeters in total length or just under 24 inches long . A 1/4 scale would make the model then roughly six inches which would be about correct. If you were to go 1/2 it would be a foot long and require two seperate pieces for the process.Think that scale would be right on target for the dinosaur.

I don't know, maybe 1:2 is a little big. I'll see, once the model it's finished it's not difficult to make different scales.

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 03, 2013, 05:24:42 AM

The Ceratosaurus in neutral pose is about 17,5cm/6,88in. I think the main problem with some of the wrong sizes is that Shapeways changes the orientation of the models in order to have the minimum bounding box. They try to print the maximum amount of figures at once.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 03, 2013, 07:08:40 AM
Pretty awesome Ceratosaurus bud !

Thank you  :D

Quote from: RolandEden on December 03, 2013, 12:24:12 PM
Fantastic job in the ceratosaurus! One question, the plates and the spikes are subtools?

Thanks, I sculpted them in Mudbox as separate objects and then I put all the pieces together with 3ds Max.

Yutyrannus

I don't order from Shapeways a lot (the only one I have so far is David Krentz's 1/144 scale Tyrannosaurus), but this Concavenator is just too awesome ;D. I am going to try to get it for Christmas in WSF Polished.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

mb-cg

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 03, 2013, 11:48:32 PM
I don't order from Shapeways a lot (the only one I have so far is David Krentz's 1/144 scale Tyrannosaurus), but this Concavenator is just too awesome ;D. I am going to try to get it for Christmas in WSF Polished.

Thank you, glad you like it  :D

Yutyrannus

Can you please make an Ichthyovenator sometime soon? That would be so awesome ;D!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

dutchdinolover

Stunning work, again.

I simply can't keep up with your work rate. I think i will buy myself some christmas presents this year!

amargasaurus cazaui

My Psittacosaurus sign arrived today !!! I will get some pictures when it slows down a bit for me and  post them, but I wanted to say thanks again so very much for making that happen for me. Awesome piece for my collection and so appreciated.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: