News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn144

That is really nice! You could do one without the fish in a slightly different pose, I think. Will this also be available 1/35?

mb-cg

Quote from: SBell on December 11, 2013, 04:42:47 AM
I like the inclusion of the Ceratodus. Personally, I would much prefer Bawitius but that's jsut me (I like polypterids).  Better yet, like the champsosaur set, separate fishes for diorama/display purposes would be fantastic, since no one makes any of these Mesozoic fish, yet they are pretty important to the faunas of the time.

Do you know a good web to find information and resources about prehistoric fishes? For the Baryonyx I will use that Ceratodus, but maybe for the next dinosaur I have in progress I will model a bigger and more detailed fish.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2013, 06:14:46 AM
Cool ! Now you can have two fighting over a fish.

I'm playing with that idea, will show it soon  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mb-cg on December 11, 2013, 07:40:04 PM
I like the inclusion of the Ceratodus. Personally, I would much prefer Bawitius but that's jsut me (I like polypterids).  Better yet, like the champsosaur set, separate fishes for diorama/display purposes would be fantastic, since no one makes any of these Mesozoic fish, yet they are pretty important to the faunas of the time.

Do you know a good web to find information and resources about prehistoric fishes? For the Baryonyx I will use that Ceratodus, but maybe for the next dinosaur I have in progress I will model a bigger and more detailed fish.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2013, 06:14:46 AM
Cool ! Now you can have two fighting over a fish.

I'm playing with that idea, will show it soon  :D

Cool ! Can't wait to see it !

SBell

Quote from: mb-cg on December 11, 2013, 07:40:04 PM

It's tough to find something specific, but if it means cool Mesozoic fish, I will be all over that.

Ceratodus is a great start (and if an unattached one shows up for the 1:40 or so range, well that's great!). Of the others I know from similar times and places (I'm sticking to freshwater here)
Mawsonia (coelacanth)
gars and bowfins (Caturus)
Serenoichthys (like Bawitius, another polypterid)
Lepidotes
the large sawfish Onchopristis
there are also lots of different shark species, but I'd need more time to parse them out.

And in North America, in the Cretaceous, as well as gars and bowfins and such, there are also thornback rays Myledaphus which would be unique (and good fodder for the local crocs)

So there's a start. It's a tough subject to find summarized easily anywhere (but I could totally fins a way... ;D)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow. Really looking forward to the new version of Baryonyx!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

mb-cg

Quote from: SBell on December 12, 2013, 05:17:14 AM
It's tough to find something specific, but if it means cool Mesozoic fish, I will be all over that.

Ceratodus is a great start (and if an unattached one shows up for the 1:40 or so range, well that's great!). Of the others I know from similar times and places (I'm sticking to freshwater here)
Mawsonia (coelacanth)
gars and bowfins (Caturus)
Serenoichthys (like Bawitius, another polypterid)
Lepidotes
the large sawfish Onchopristis
there are also lots of different shark species, but I'd need more time to parse them out.

And in North America, in the Cretaceous, as well as gars and bowfins and such, there are also thornback rays Myledaphus which would be unique (and good fodder for the local crocs)

So there's a start. It's a tough subject to find summarized easily anywhere (but I could totally fins a way... ;D)

Thank you for the information, now I have something where to begin  :D

Here is a test using the last Baryonyx pose with the fish. I accept suggestions for the thief pose :D

Before the new Baryonyx poses I will upload a new dinosaur. I have a teaser image of it on my Facebook page and I will make available a 1/72 version. In a future I will see if I upload it in a bigger scale.

Yutyrannus

Spinosaurus, then? Perfect, my favorite dinosaur ;D!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

How about a threatening pose ? raised upright a bit, arms out, jaws gaping ?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2013, 04:23:46 AM
I second blade of the Moon.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 13, 2013, 07:04:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2013, 04:23:46 AM
I second blade of the Moon.

Always wanted one like that since seeing the mother Bary defending her juveniles in the Dinosaurs: A Celebration story.

jtn144

I like the current thief pose as is. It looks like it will make a nice searching/stalking pose on it's own.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: jtn144 on December 13, 2013, 08:22:31 AM
I like the current thief pose as is. It looks like it will make a nice searching/stalking pose on it's own.
Same here :).

tyrantqueen

Manuel's done a Spinosaurus now, too.

Cool stuff.

Yutyrannus

Very awesome! How about a fishing pose as the next one for this guy? Kind of bent over, looking down into the water, mouth closed. That would be epic ;D!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 13, 2013, 03:01:22 PM
Very awesome! How about a fishing pose as the next one for this guy? Kind of bent over, looking down into the water, mouth closed. That would be epic ;D!
Too much like the Krentz Spino.
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool Spino !

Yeah that pose would be a bit much like David's I think ..since he opted for the closed mouth.

You know giving us all these poses..we're going to get really spoiled , really quick. lol

tyrantqueen

Sitting Spino might be interesting...we haven't had one of those before.

Anyway, I hope a 1/40 version is coming soon :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

That could be neat..or a sleeping one even.

Same here, 1:40 is the smallest I buy.

mb-cg

Thanks for the suggestions, I will do a test with those poses and will show them here. It would be great that doing different poses were faster :D

About the Spinosaur I used the dimensions of the Scott Hartman reconstruction that is about 13.5m long, so I think there won't be problems with 1/40 scale for the roaring pose. Using the biggest estimated size that is about 18m it would be huge at 1/40 scale. You can find more renders of the Spinosaurus HERE

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2013, 05:04:48 PM
That could be neat..or a sleeping one even.

Same here, 1:40 is the smallest I buy.

See, funny thing--when it comes to my shapeways dinos, I like the 1:72 or 1:60 sizes. Mostly for space reasons! But for other critters, like the RAZH00 fish and amphibians, the larger scales were necessary (of course).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: