News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

That Tyrannosaurus looks lovely. I like the dermal osteoderms too, he looks very gnarly. Is there any reasoning why you added them, or is it just artistic license? :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

The craggy look is pretty cool..almost tempted to do it on our Rex.. :D

Yutyrannus

Cool but...no feathers ??? ?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

mmfrankford

Love that rex!  ^-^ If you get tempted to put feathers, please make this one available. I will definitely grab this scaly fella!

Question, can you easily convert one of the centrosaurus into a styracosaurus??? Just wondering?? Hint hint, nod, nod... ;D

dutchdinolover

I orderd a bunch:

-Baryonyx
-Yangchuanosaurus
-stegosaurus
-ceratosaurus
-spinosaurus

I simply could not resist anymore ^-^

dutchdinolover

And I forgot to mension the Pentaceratops :o

Asome rex Manuel! an other must have for me. (to be honest, every peace of your work in the 1/40 scale line is... ;))

radman

1:40 Ceratosaurus and Stegosaurus.  Awesome, huh?  ;) :))
Actually, top pic is Allosaurus by GN.

John

Quote from: mmfrankford on January 04, 2014, 06:53:10 AM

Question, can you easily convert one of the centrosaurus into a styracosaurus??? Just wondering?? Hint hint, nod, nod... ;D
I'll second this suggestion!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: radman on January 04, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

1:40 Ceratosaurus and Stegosaurus.  Awesome, huh?  ;) :))
Actually, top pic is Allosaurus by GN.
Very nice models, radman!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

radman

One other nice thing about Manuel's models is, he has started putting the holes for hollowing out the figure on the bottom of the feet instead of the belly - still useful for supporting the figure without having to cover the hole up later.

mb-cg

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you like the Rex  :D

Quote from: jtn144 on January 03, 2014, 04:26:35 PM
The T-rex looks fantastic! I hope to see it in a variety of poses. Do you intend on making the fishing Baryonyx in 1/35?

I'm working on it, so I'll try to upload it soon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 03, 2014, 06:01:18 PM
That Tyrannosaurus looks lovely. I like the dermal osteoderms too, he looks very gnarly. Is there any reasoning why you added them, or is it just artistic license? :)

It's mostly an artistic license :D I've tried to explore different ideas with the therapods I have modeled

Quote from: John on January 04, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

Now I have modeled some Theropods I want to change a bit, and the Styracosaurus is on my to-do list of ceratopsians. I wanted to model the Nasutoceratops too, but I saw that Aaron Doyle has already modeled it.

Quote from: Patrx on January 03, 2014, 03:58:35 PM
Aw, still no feathers?  ;D
Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 03, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

I grew up with scaly dinosaurs and it costs me a lot seeing the T. Rex, the King of the dinosaurs covered with feathers XD Anyway, the evidences are there so I have done a test with feathers and I will try to upload a 1/40 feathered version:

Quote from: radman on January 04, 2014, 08:43:25 PM
One other nice thing about Manuel's models is, he has started putting the holes for hollowing out the figure on the bottom of the feet instead of the belly - still useful for supporting the figure without having to cover the hole up later.

Thanks radman for the photos  :D. Shapeways is getting more and more restrictive with the escape holes, and I'm trying to make the holes the less visible I can. I try to avoid swiss cheese dinosaur figures XD

alexeratops

Quote from: mb-cg on January 04, 2014, 09:15:19 PM
Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you like the Rex  :D

Quote from: jtn144 on January 03, 2014, 04:26:35 PM
The T-rex looks fantastic! I hope to see it in a variety of poses. Do you intend on making the fishing Baryonyx in 1/35?

I'm working on it, so I'll try to upload it soon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 03, 2014, 06:01:18 PM

It's mostly an artistic license :D I've tried to explore different ideas with the therapods I have modeled

Quote from: John on January 04, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

Now I have modeled some Theropods I want to change a bit, and the Styracosaurus is on my to-do list of ceratopsians. I wanted to model the Nasutoceratops too, but I saw that Aaron Doyle has already modeled it.

Quote from: Patrx on January 03, 2014, 03:58:35 PM
Aw, still no feathers?  ;D
Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 03, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

I grew up with scaly dinosaurs and it costs me a lot seeing the T. Rex, the King of the dinosaurs covered with feathers XD Anyway, the evidences are there so I have done a test with feathers and I will try to upload a 1/40 feathered version:

Quote from: radman on January 04, 2014, 08:43:25 PM

Thanks radman for the photos  :D. Shapeways is getting more and more restrictive with the escape holes, and I'm trying to make the holes the less visible I can. I try to avoid swiss cheese dinosaur figures XD

Cool rex! I like the feathers, it makes it look better, IMO. :)
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Feathered version is so awesome ;D! Also, have you thought about the Ichthyovenator suggestion I made a while back?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Yes; I also like the feathered version, myself.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Aesthetically, I prefer the scaly version. I don't have a problem with the fuzzy one, though. I just prefer that if my dinosaurs are feathered, they are given full bird style featherings, instead of just a thin coat. Like the Kaiyodo capsule T.rex:

You have a guaranteed purchaser in me though >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Feathered version looks good. I personally feel there isn't enough evidence one way or the other but with both versions, to each their own. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 05, 2014, 12:09:48 AM
Feathered version looks good. I personally feel there isn't enough evidence one way or the other but with both versions, to each their own. :)
I like to keep options open, it leaves more room for artistic freedom >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 05, 2014, 01:11:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 05, 2014, 12:09:48 AM
I like to keep options open, it leaves more room for artistic freedom >:D

True enough.

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 04, 2014, 11:25:42 PM
Aesthetically, I prefer the scaly version. I don't have a problem with the fuzzy one, though. I just prefer that if my dinosaurs are feathered, they are given full bird style featherings, instead of just a thin coat.

Strangely enough, I agree; I prefer the scaly one. The new Kaiyodo rex is great in terms of feathers, but the "mohawk" concept is a bit tired by this point XD

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I don't prefer one way or another; I do like both versions when it comes to the pics Manuel has released.
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: