News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Poll: Your favorite companies!

Started by Halichoeres, October 25, 2022, 03:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to ten

Battat
Bullyland
CollectA
Creative Beast
EoFauna
Favorite Co
GR Toys
Hasbro (after dissolution of Kenner subsidiary)
Inpro
Invicta
Kaiyodo
Kenner
Marx
Mattel
MPC
Nanmu
Oumcraft (Life game)
Papo
PNSO
Rebor
Safari Ltd: Carnegie
Safari Ltd: all other lines
Schleich
Sinclair
Takara Tomy
Toyway
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Vitae
W-Dragon
Aurora Prehistoric Scenes
other (please comment!)

Halichoeres

I kinda want to set up alternate versions of this poll where people can vote for only 1, or 3, or up to 20, just to see how that changes different companies' positions. The top two vote-getters currently are PNSO and EoFauna, but I bet they would both fall down several places in a one-vote-only scenario.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

If I could only pick one I wouldn't hesitate to go with Creative Beast Studio, and that's despite the tough competition out there. David has made some of the best dinosaur figures out there, especially those like myself with interest in both (up to date) prehistoric animals, and highly articulated action figures. Man has he been great to deal with over the years as well, with his transparency on the campaigns, and his customer service, or the few times I got to chat with him in person at the various cons over the years. Cyberzoic has also opened the doors to a lot of my favorite dinosaurs not made yet in BotM, and who knows what else is to come later on.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

I would vote on any of those polls. But if I could only vote for one company it would have to be Safari. Safari makes up the bulk of my collection and I've been collecting them right from the start. They have staying power with me, some figures are better than others but there's always something of theirs I want.

ceratopsian

I would find it desperately difficult to pick one, because the different companies fulfil different niches, needs and expectations for me.  Some I could jettison easily enough - but others.....

Dusty Wren

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 08, 2022, 03:51:11 PMI would find it desperately difficult to pick one, because the different companies fulfil different niches, needs and expectations for me.

Yeah, same here. Each company has their strengths, and I wouldn't be able to get everything I need from just one company, so picking one as a "favorite" would be nigh impossible.   
Check out my customs thread!

Halichoeres

Yeah, a single favorite would be incredibly difficult to choose. It might be Kaiyodo, even though I'm sometimes frustrated by how often they make Ty***nosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Over9K

Surprising to me that REBOR has twice the votes of Nanmu.

BlueKrono

My write-in is Play Visions. Outstanding line from the 90's. If I had to choose just one favorite I would have to say the Marx dinos. Not originally my favorites, but the way my life has bent toward Marx has been very fulfilling. I've made dear friends, had exciting travels, and strengthened my bond with my father-in-law through this defunct toy company.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Over9K on November 15, 2022, 02:16:48 AMSurprising to me that REBOR has twice the votes of Nanmu.

I think they're gaining some votes based on their handful of more-accurate releases, like Kiss and their forthcoming Deinosuchus. If it weren't for those I imagine they'd be more even, given the median voter here.

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 15, 2022, 07:05:29 AMMy write-in is Play Visions. Outstanding line from the 90's. If I had to choose just one favorite I would have to say the Marx dinos. Not originally my favorites, but the way my life has bent toward Marx has been very fulfilling. I've made dear friends, had exciting travels, and strengthened my bond with my father-in-law through this defunct toy company.

An excellent write-in. I might have nominated it myself if I'd thought of it. And very cool that Marx has been intertwined in so many aspects of your life.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.