News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Poll: Your favorite companies!

Started by Halichoeres, October 25, 2022, 03:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to ten

Battat
Bullyland
CollectA
Creative Beast
EoFauna
Favorite Co
GR Toys
Hasbro (after dissolution of Kenner subsidiary)
Inpro
Invicta
Kaiyodo
Kenner
Marx
Mattel
MPC
Nanmu
Oumcraft (Life game)
Papo
PNSO
Rebor
Safari Ltd: Carnegie
Safari Ltd: all other lines
Schleich
Sinclair
Takara Tomy
Toyway
Tyco (Dino Riders)
Vitae
W-Dragon
Aurora Prehistoric Scenes
other (please comment!)

Halichoeres

Ten years after the launch of the last poll of this kind, here's an updated version. By launching it, I'm probably ensuring that a new company will emerge in the next few months to steal all our hearts and invalidate the results. I've included Safari's Carnegie Collection line as a separate entry by popular demand, although it was a pretty near thing at 8-7. Hopefully more people participate in this vote than on the whether-to-separate-Carnegie vote. I've been accepting nominations for a little over three weeks, but if one of your favorites didn't make it, write it in and tell us in the comments!

You have up to ten votes. For now, you won't be able to see results until you've voted.

If you want to get acquainted with some of the less familiar candidates:
Aurora
Inpro
MPC
Oumcraft
Sinclair

Edit 25 Oct: If you wish to vote for Aurora Prehistoric Scenes, you'll find it second from the bottom. Apologies for the error.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Despite the option to pick 10 that should be more then sufficient, I'm still trying to decide what to go for personally. On one hand, some of these I collect quite a bit from, on the other hand, some of these have quite the history and charm behind them, which is also enticing, despite that I don't collect as much from them. Without those very first pioneers, would we still have what we have today?

I'm curious to see what folks will decide on while I get things figured out.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Chasmosaurus

Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Crackington

Thanks for doing this avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and for canvassing members views (+listening too!).

Not sure if there's an error with the Aurora box though. On my device it looks like a title for the poll rather than one of the list and thus can't be ticked at the moment.

Not sure if this is just on my ageing mobile though....

ceratopsian

I see the same as avatar_Crackington @Crackington - Aurora is the header not an option for voting.

Quote from: Crackington on October 25, 2022, 12:39:48 PMThanks for doing this avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and for canvassing members views (+listening too!).

Not sure if there's an error with the Aurora box though. On my device it looks like a title for the poll rather than one of the list and thus can't be ticked at the moment.

Not sure if this is just on my ageing mobile though....

Halichoeres

Drat, sorry about that! I can't add it where it belongs without resetting the votes, so I've added it second from the bottom, above write-ins.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Chasmosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 25, 2022, 04:54:28 PMDrat, sorry about that! I can't add it where it belongs without resetting the votes, so I've added it second from the bottom, above write-ins.
Can you also add the brand Wild Past from dinotoycollector
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Halichoeres

Hi avatar_Chasmosaurus @Chasmosaurus sorry I overlooked your first request. The previous thread was the place to nominate companies for inclusion in the poll. Nobody nominated it there, so I'm sorry, I'm going to say no. I included an 'other' option at the bottom of the poll, if you'd like to vote for Wild Past I think that's the best way to go. I understand that's not quite the same, but I want to avoid a situation where the poll results become meaningless due to continuous addition of new companies, especially since they cannot be added in alphabetical order after launch.

Samrukia

i'm glad to see that 3 out of my 4 votes are the leaders of the poll  8)

Chasmosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 25, 2022, 08:30:38 PMHi avatar_Chasmosaurus @Chasmosaurus sorry I overlooked your first request. The previous thread was the place to nominate companies for inclusion in the poll. Nobody nominated it there, so I'm sorry, I'm going to say no. I included an 'other' option at the bottom of the poll, if you'd like to vote for Wild Past I think that's the best way to go. I understand that's not quite the same, but I want to avoid a situation where the poll results become meaningless due to continuous addition of new companies, especially since they cannot be added in alphabetical order after launch.
Don'tworry i understand thank you for the answe.

Crackington

Voted for the golden oldies I suggested (thought I'd better!) plus some newer ones like Oumcraft and Collecta.

Be interesting to see if Aurora gets any more votes!

Gwangi

Thanks for putting this together. Now I'll have to figure out which 10 to vote for, which is trickier than I initially thought. Certainly having Safari and Carnegie lumped together would help, haha.  O:-)

ceratopsian

I'm looking forward to seeing how this poll works out.

I voted only for lines I actually collect (or have actively collected earlier and still have in my collection and on show - for instance Battat, Carnegie).  I was, however, tempted to put down Invicta and Sinclair - I like them in the abstract (and would love to have a Sinclair or two).  But I've never bought any.  So I didn't vote for them in the end. 

I went for "Other" as I like Wild Past - though admittedly there are as yet only a few little models available.  But I'm hoping to see more.

If I had to put down my two overall favourites that I'm currently collecting, I'd go for PNSO, followed by CollectA, with Eofauna and Wild Past tagging along a little further behind.

bmathison1972

I only voted for five: Safari, CollectA, and PNSO for 'classic dinos' and Kaiyodo and Favorite for invertebrates :) (although CollectA covers inverts too!).

Concavenator

I voted for 10, and if I were to order them it would go like this:

1. Eofauna
2. PNSO
3. Creative Beast
4. Vitae
5. Safari Ltd (Carnegie)
6. Safari Ltd (Wild Safari)
7. CollectA
8. Kaiyodo
9. Other (Ancestors)
10. Other (Wild Past)

Faelrin

S @Saurophaganax That's what the other/write in option was for. To catch anything that wasn't added there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

I voted for the Carnegie, Wild Safari, Battat, and Invicta as my main favorite companies. I also put in for Marx, Sinclair, and Bullyland as more secondary favorites.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Chasmosaurus

I voted for

1 - Eofauna
2 - Safari Ltd
3 - Collecta
4 - PNSO
5 - Rebor
6 - Creative Beast
7 - other (for wikd past)
8 - Battat
9 - Kaiyodo
10 - Vitae

Cretaceous Crab

Wow. Top 2 companies are Eofauna and PNSO.

I'm hoping Eofauna continues to become a strong force with quality figures at a slightly less expensive price point than PNSO.

Bokisaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: