News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2023

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2022, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on November 20, 2022, 01:50:59 PMPlus, Paleokhris knows I am waiting for him to finalize a few of his unreleased models. >:D

Same here. Been waiting for his Aegirocassis for a good couple of months now. Planning a big order from him.

QuoteAnyways, I am just waiting on the Koolasuchus. Probably my most anticipated model release of the year.

CollectA's Darwin's frog was very nice and cute. So I have high hopes for the Koolasuchus.

suspsy

I hope the Koolasuchus heralds the start of more prehistoric amphibians from CollectA. Prionosuchus would be a great way to follow up.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on November 20, 2022, 02:40:01 PMI hope the Koolasuchus heralds the start of more prehistoric amphibians from CollectA. Prionosuchus would be a great way to follow up.

Me too; just hoping it's not super huge

profnik

:D I hope the CollectA 2023 part 4 coming up of Prehistoric Mammals is Megatherium also known as giant ground sloth or maybe extinct woolly rhinoceros and dodo bird 🦤 an Koolasuchus

Also probably good idea for CollectA box's of minis in the future is

Prehistoric animals set 2:
Dimetrodon
Gomphotherium
Woolly rhino
Megatherium
Doedicurus
Edaphosaurus
Macrauchenia
Elasmotherium
Lisowicia
Mastodon
Scutosaurus
Megaloceros

Prehistoric marine animals set 2:
Shastasaurus
Megalodon
Elasmosaurus
Anomalocaris
Tanystropheus
Ichthyosaurus
Kronosaurus
Basilosaurus
Mosasaurus
Sea Scorpion (Pterygotus)
Liopleurodon
Opabinia

Dinosaurs set 4:
Hadrosaurus
Allosaurus
Carnotaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Styracosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Protoceratops
Microraptor
Edmontosaurus
Cryolophosaurus

bettashark

I absolutely LOVE that Shastasaurus! It's by far the best representation of its group being mass-produced! I hope they get into making more ichthyosaurs in the future!

Halichoeres

If the Koolasuchus is real, it will be the first prehistoric amphibian from a major company since the Kaiyodo Eryops eighteen years ago.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pliosaurking

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 22, 2022, 01:14:25 AMIf the Koolasuchus is real, it will be the first prehistoric amphibian from a major company since the Kaiyodo Eryops eighteen years ago.
Thats horrible! I'm hoping the rumours are true.

Renecito

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 22, 2022, 01:14:25 AMIf the Koolasuchus is real, it will be the first prehistoric amphibian from a major company since the Kaiyodo Eryops eighteen years ago.

That's why I am more exciting for the release of a Koolasuchus than I would be for some prehistoric mammal or pterosaur figure this time.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Man that's nuts and unfortunate. It's also really sad there's only like 2 handfuls of them made overall, give or take. The bulk of which are from Kaiyodo and Play Visions as it is.

avatar_Renecito @Renecito Yes a Koolasuchus would be a fair trade off in my eyes as well. It's also a long needed genus too. One of the og WWD ones, and one of the last surviving temnospondyls, a lineage heralding back to the Permian period if not earlier.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Pfft... I'm just hoping the next two figures are T-Rexes. ;)

Carnoking

Quote from: Loon on November 22, 2022, 02:57:12 AMPfft... I'm just hoping the next two figures are T-Rexes.

One with lips and one without!

SidB

Still waiting for my 2023 CollectA extinct Cenozoic mammal fix ...

suspsy

I don't think we're getting any prehistoric mammals in 2023. The rest of the leaks proved accurate; there's no reason to think that the final reveal on Thursday will consist of more than the Koolasuchus and the Stegouros.

Hopefully we'll get one in 2024. Megatherium is still waiting.

Dusty Wren

Yeah, I agree that a prehistoric mammal this year is unlikely. Which is super disappointing, since CollectA is the only company that even tries to regularly produce mammals. Except for maybe Eofauna, but they seem pretty wedded to proboscideans, so if those aren't your jam you're outta luck.
Check out my customs thread!

suspsy

Also, I wouldn't be at all shocked if we did get a new T. rex from CollectA in 2024.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A lovely selection so far, think I will get most of geese.
These.

I left the autocorrect in for mine own amusement.

Batch 1
I'm not interested in the Triceratops though it's not bad. The Safari and Eofauna satisfy me and will likely never replace either.
The Ceratosuchops was expected, but extremely welcome. Really looking forward to owning a figure of the horned crocodile-faced hell heron. I knew it would be that one and not Riparovenator as well, which is why that is the one I decided to make out of the smaller CollectA Baryonyx.
The Hadrosaurus is a very welcome surprise. Ifs very nice to finally get a new figure of such a historic dinosaur, currently not having a figure more recent than the 1950s I believe.

Batch 2
The surprise spoiled by this point of course but nice all the same.
The Brighstoneus,  much like the Ceratosuchops is something I was expecting them to do, being 1. New 2. British and 3. An Ornithopod. Still extremely welcome and also looking forward to it. I don't mind ut having similar ish colours to the Fukuisaurus as they won't be anywhere near each other.
The Ruyangosaurus well, I really I hope this works as 1:50 so I can finally have a largish Titanosaur figure with my main Cretaceous dinosaur display. If not well at least it will be further from the Jurassic Mamenchisaurus which it unfortunately somewhat resembles.
The Anomalacaris looks nice but I have the Favorite Co one so this would have to be more appealing at the time.

Batch 3
The Shastasaurus will make an excellent addition to my beloved Triassic shelf. Looking forward to getting a third Shastasaurid, and a second nice Shastasaurid. The penguin/orca colour scheme looks nice if unusual, and not entirely unlikely. Nice barnacles too.
The Mosasaurus is a nice one. I generally don't get interested in this particular animal,  just sticking to the little orange ge Favorite Co one. I was never especially keen on the original CollectA,  did not like the big PNSO, certainly not interested in the outdated Safari and Papo ones, but looks like a Mosasaurus I finally like at last.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Carnoking on November 22, 2022, 04:19:25 AM
Quote from: Loon on November 22, 2022, 02:57:12 AMPfft... I'm just hoping the next two figures are T-Rexes.

One with lips and one without!

No, 4, so people can choose their favorite combination of feathers and lips. Wait, no, 8, to account for different hypotheses on rictus size. Wait, no, 16...

Anyway I have some sympathy for mammal fans, although maybe the Kaiyodo set that came out this year helps a bit?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Loon

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres we'll need 48 then, to represent each of the very distinct species in tyrannosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on November 23, 2022, 03:14:58 AMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres we'll need 48 then, to represent each of the very distinct species in tyrannosaurus.

;D each more definitive than the last!

Eatmycar

I don't collect aquatics but that Shastasaurus is very striking. Frankly if you color anything like an Orca I might buy it.

Gorgeous figures. I hope they sell well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: