News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

65 Movie

Started by Carnoking, December 14, 2022, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Very true, and from the sound of it the more family friendly stuff was cut from this film. I'd like to clarify that I'm not anticipating a toy line for this one based on everything we know so far, but I did want to entertain the possibility

CityRaptor

It's easy to make your own 65 toyline: Get some bad dinosaur toys, and add a Kylo Ren figure.

Also wondering what kind of audience that movie was shown to. Probably the same kind of audience that wants brutal on screen violence and dead children in Camp Cretaceous, a bunch of troglodytes.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 19, 2023, 05:44:47 AMIt's easy to make your own 65 toyline: Get some bad dinosaur toys, and add a Kylo Ren figure.

Also wondering what kind of audience that movie was shown to. Probably the same kind of audience that wants brutal on screen violence and dead children in Camp Cretaceous, a bunch of troglodytes.
I mean the Romans for example enjoyed real life violence, but I would say they are very far from troglodytes. Nature tends to be brutal, no matter how "anti-awesombro" we try to display animals as. Theres also the whole thing involved with catharsis theory and beyond. As for dead children, I can agree with you, there is absolutely no excuse for that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

A darker Jurassic park, like in the novel would be an interesting watch, that said the only "kids" that died in the novel was an unnamed infant compies attacked. As part of the plot i'm sure that could occur offscreen, I don't think anyone literally wants to see a dead child.  not that some films/series haven't done just that...

dragon53

New 65 trailer released.

CityRaptor

Is that an Indoraptor-ripoff at 0:55?
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

The designs do feel pretty much pirated and tweaked copies of existing creatures.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2023, 03:09:36 PMThe designs do feel pretty much pirated and tweaked copies of existing creatures.

You're right. The designs in general are underwhelming. The trailer itself makes fun
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Carnoking

Yeah those designs are not looking any better. Such a shame  :-\

On a positive note, the intensity seems to be there, and the music evokes a very foreboding tone. I'll be pleased if they follow through on that aspect of the film.

HD-man

Quote from: dragon53 on January 26, 2023, 02:43:23 PMNew 65 trailer released.

Oof😬I thought the 1st trailer looked bad, but now that we can see more of the animals🤢Whatever sets the precedent for future dino movies, I hope it's better than 65🤞
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe and I have no proof of this, those dinosaurs are alien hybrids or a final evolution step ?   If it's earth I feel like this is going to be a humans caused the extinction of the dinosaurs in reality.  So either the heros have to stop these alien dino/creatures but they have already wiped out most of the normal dinosaur population so a giant PREDATOR like explosion will take out these creatures and everything else which explains the meteor theory we have now.  I mean it's all that makes sense IF it's really our Earth.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on January 26, 2023, 07:39:28 PMYeah those designs are not looking any better. Such a shame  :-\

On a positive note, the intensity seems to be there, and the music evokes a very foreboding tone. I'll be pleased if they follow through on that aspect of the film.

That's how I feel about it. Going only by setting and tone, this movie looks like fun, it's the dinosaurs that cheapen it. And although Adam Driver is a great actor even he cannot save a bad movie, as experience has taught us.

MLMjp

I'm late as always, but my reaction to this film since the first trailer dropped has just been "indifference". I don't have any strong feelings about it.

"It exist"

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Gwangi on January 27, 2023, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 26, 2023, 07:39:28 PMYeah those designs are not looking any better. Such a shame  :-\

That's how I feel about it. Going only by setting and tone, this movie looks like fun, it's the dinosaurs that cheapen it. And although Adam Driver is a great actor even he cannot save a bad movie, as experience has taught us.

You nailed it
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

dragon53

65 Super Bowl commercial.

CityRaptor

Is that a Skullcrawler menacing the girl?
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 10, 2023, 04:12:50 PMIs that a Skullcrawler menacing the girl?

Haha, might as well be.  ::)

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 10, 2023, 04:12:50 PMIs that a Skullcrawler menacing the girl?
No, the Skullcrawlers were cool and creative
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: dragon53 on February 10, 2023, 03:49:51 PM65 Super Bowl commercial.

They are very proud of making A Quiet Place
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

PrimevalRaptor

What's the point of setting a movie in the Cretaceous when all your "dinosaurs" look like your average generic Asylum flick monsters?
Like I'm fine with made-up species and whatnot if you at least make something interesting and...you know...actually dinosaur. I think Terra Nova did a better job than this.

(Of course I know why they did that, going "we have a T.rex" attracts the crowds)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: