News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

65 Movie

Started by Carnoking, December 14, 2022, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on February 10, 2023, 06:24:42 PMThey are very proud of making A Quiet Place
Which is ironic, because the trailers for this film sure don't convey the same caliber of storytelling.
Hopefully it'll surprise us, but I'm definitely feeling more doubtful.

Paleo Flo

Despite my mixed feelings about it I will watch "65" in my local theater.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

dragon53

The 10 species in 65 and three-legged Ankylosaurus.

dragon53

Spoiler alert.

Adam Driver commented on 65's plot (see below).

"There's no time travel. It's a parallel universe that they're saying that existed 65 million years ago, and they find that they've crash landed on prehistoric Earth."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on March 08, 2023, 03:38:53 PMSpoiler alert.

Adam Driver commented on 65's plot (see below).

"There's no time travel. It's a parallel universe that they're saying that existed 65 million years ago, and they find that they've crash landed on prehistoric Earth."

Kind of a bummer there. I mean it gives them free reign I guess to do as they like but at the same time I was starting to get interested in this and how they would settle it with what we know of the fossil record. Instead it's sort of a cop out?

GojiraGuy1954

Mannn this movie is following Ancient Aliens lore
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HD-man on March 09, 2023, 07:22:14 AMA FB friend shared a funny quote from this review: https://hype.my/2023/317770/65-review-a-fossil-of-a-film-that-should-remain-buried

I saw the same post, doesn't bode well..not that I had high hopes to start with.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I am still wondering, what this Movie wants to be. Or why it was made. But these Questions go for most things i guess.

CityRaptor

Quote from: dragon53 on March 08, 2023, 03:38:53 PM"There's no time travel. It's a parallel universe that they're saying that existed 65 million years ago, and they find that they've crash landed on prehistoric Earth."

Hm. Parallel Universe, horribly deformed "Dinosaurs"...it's the prequel to a certain Pixar movie.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoFan2010

Anybody notice that the Raptor design kinda looks like the Deinonychus from JFC?

Jurassic Fight Club

Also, I think the t-rex looking thing is the worst theropod design, period.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

CityRaptor

I think it looks rather like the Indoraptor.
Oh no

DinoFan2010

Yeah, the quills definitely give off Indoraptor vibes, but the leg musculature of the 65 raptor and the JFC one are almost the exact same. A combination of the two, with an added dash of ugly.
Edit: spelling

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

andrewsaurus rex

I don't think dino enthusiasts are going to like this movie very much,......I wonder how the general public will receive it.  Personally, I think the premise is kinda dumb.  Not sure why it had to be an alternate universe.  Why not just a simple, every day time warp?  :)

GojiraGuy1954

The director thinks the designs are "scientifically tangible"
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Paleo Flo

My interest in this is shrinking...
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

CityRaptor

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 09, 2023, 06:53:15 PMThe director thinks the designs are "scientifically tangible"

I think the director should go to a quiet place and stay there forever.

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on March 09, 2023, 05:29:10 PMI don't think dino enthusiasts are going to like this movie very much,......I wonder how the general public will receive it.  Personally, I think the premise is kinda dumb.  Not sure why it had to be an alternate universe.  Why not just a simple, every day time warp?  :)

Probably because someone realized just how hideously bad those designs are. You know, like in that one Pixar movie about Dinosaurs which is also set in an AU.
Oh no

Gwangi

Reviews are rolling in, it's not looking good. But who's really surprised by that?

Carnoking

Between the news of reshoots and the embargo not lifting till basically the day of, my hopes have been rapidly dwindling. Hoped for a fun B-movie at the very least but it's not even looking like we got the "fun" part down.

Carnoking

Also, just learned that apparently Beck and Woods did a Q&A screening at a theater in Iowa last night. Not exactly my neck of the woods but might have been worth the trek to meet some professional filmmakers from the Midwest and maybe learn just what the heck they were thinking when they went with these designs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: