News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

65 Movie

Started by Carnoking, December 14, 2022, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

TRIVIA---in the Adam Driver sci fi movie 65, when Driver wakes up after his spaceship crashed, the pulsing red light and pulsing electronic sound in the cockpit is the same pulsing sound used in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS when the Martian War Machine rises from its crashed spaceship.

LINK (7:48 elapsed time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kgJuEX4yhc&t=168s

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IixELyhvSKc

Gwangi

I see that this movie is now on Netflix. I suppose I'll check it out.

CityRaptor

Quote from: dragon53 on July 13, 2023, 07:00:57 PMTRIVIA---in the Adam Driver sci fi movie 65, when Driver wakes up after his spaceship crashed, the pulsing red light and pulsing electronic sound in the cockpit is the same pulsing sound used in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS when the Martian War Machine rises from its crashed spaceship.

Hmm, makes sense. He is some sort of alien monster after all.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on July 13, 2023, 07:01:43 PMI see that this movie is now on Netflix. I suppose I'll check it out.

I did, it's ok for what it is, simple easy to follow plot, the action is decent but the "dinosaurs" are all rejects from Wu's lab in JW or Skull Island. 

Carnoking

Seems to be sitting pretty in the top 5 movies at the moment. I still hate the designs but as a fan of the creative minds behind this and someone who wants more dinosaurs on the big screen, I'm glad it's finding some attention on streaming.

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

I don't post here too often but I just have to say this was one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. I truly found no redeemable qualities to it even with my extremely low expectations going in. I also felt so embarrassed that I had asked some friends to go see it with me and had just completely wasted their evenings. Don't even bother streaming it I beg of you, literally watch anything else. I have enjoyed visits to the dentist more than this movie, it was literal torture. Just go watch Jurassic Park again, seems like that's the best we are ever going to get at this point.

Gwangi

Watched 65 last night. While I didn't hate it I also didn't like it, it was a very mediocre and forgetful film. Although the movie was a merciful 1 hr. and 33 minutes it still plodded along painfully. The story was unoriginal and characters poorly written. Adam Driver does his best to work with what he was given, and the filming locations were nice. Much of the film was shot in Louisiana and it gives the film a primordial feel.

The dinosaur designs were atrocious, some of the worst I've ever seen. B-movies from the '50's have more convincing dinosaurs. A lot of them were unidentifiable. Like the creature designers had never seen a dinosaur or like they were conceived using AI. There are a couple recognizable dinosaurs but honestly this movie could have taken place on an alien planet. This movie makes JW: Dominion's dinosaurs look like Prehistoric Planet dinosaurs by comparison. I'm used to dinosaur movies being special effects showcases with mid level stories and characters, this one was just meh all around. Having some nice dinosaurs to look at could have redeemed it somewhat.

If I were to give 65 a letter grade it would be a D. I'll never watch it again. I would rather watch Planet of Dinosaurs from the 1970's which had better dinosaur designs and (I cannot believe I'm saying this) better story and character development. Hell, I would rather watch Cowgirls vs. Pterodactyls again.

Stegotyranno420

Cowgirls vs Pterosaurs is a movie? They can make something for everything
Whats next,
Conquistadors vs Eurypterids?

Gwangi

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 15, 2023, 08:20:10 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi
Cowgirls vs Pterosaurs is a movie? They can make something for everything
Whats next,
Conquistadors vs Eurypterids?

I would totally watch Conquistadors vs Eurypterids.

Dinosaurs in westerns has been a thing for some time. Gwangi is the most famous example but there are a couple others. Cowgirls vs. Pterodactyls was garbage but they used practical effects for the pterosaurs and that was nice.

Cretaceous Crab

I just realized the other day that 65 is probably what it would be like if Papo made a Dinosaur movie.

Lynx

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on July 16, 2023, 12:39:50 AMI just realized the other day that 65 is probably what it would be like if Papo made a Dinosaur movie.

Papo isn't that bad, at least you can tell it's a dinosaur
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

The T. rex definitely gave me Papo vibes. Generally speaking though, Papo does better.

Takama

Rick Raptor takes on 65.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.