News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Hey there! I found a survey for 10% off a purchase! I'll attach a screenshot.
The code is WELCOME10, though I am unsure if you need to fill out the survey to use it.

An oversized house cat.

suspsy

I reckon I'm gonna hold off on Safari purchases until the entire assortment is revealed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

If you're ordering the Majunga on Safari use my discount code to save 15%. GWANGI15    ;)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Shane on March 06, 2023, 05:10:51 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 06, 2023, 12:34:44 PMBut when you have a Teaser, i think you have a Final Figure. But i could be wrong of course, because i am not knowing any interna of Safari. How could i.

Still, it bothers me.

Safari has multiple items in production, and does not want to reveal items that won't be available for a very long time. IE, revealing a Majungasaurus in January that won't be available until August or something (the Majungas should be available sometime very soon BTW).

When the "Final Figure" is in hand, it is for sale. There is no reason to sit on something to wait to release it, when it's in the warehouse and it's passed QC inspection, it is made available.

When you have a "Teaser" from any company, it's very rarely the final in-hand figure. It is usually a photo of a preproduction sample, or sometimes even a prototype or, as is becoming much more common with many toy companies, a 3D digital render.

In the case of Safari the teaser shown is usually the final pre-production sample, in order to be as close to what the customer is going to get as it can reasonably be.

Thank you for answering that fast, Shane. Then it is like i thought and it does have to do with Figures not ready in the Making. Also, this wasn't ment as a rant against Safari. I guess a generell disliking of this way of teasing Products that happens all over the place. With different practices in how it is done.

Makes sense to ship the Product if it is ready and not sit on it, still it sometimes feels(!) like it is done this way. Of course that can't be true in the most cases because why sit on stuff you can sell and producing Figures is quite expensive as we know.

But on the other hand. Ah nevermind. It really isn't important enough overall. Looking forward to the new Releas.

Shane

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 07, 2023, 11:29:09 AMThank you for answering that fast, Shane. Then it is like i thought and it does have to do with Figures not ready in the Making. Also, this wasn't ment as a rant against Safari. I guess a generell disliking of this way of teasing Products that happens all over the place. With different practices in how it is done.

Makes sense to ship the Product if it is ready and not sit on it, still it sometimes feels(!) like it is done this way. Of course that can't be true in the most cases because why sit on stuff you can sell and producing Figures is quite expensive as we know.

But on the other hand. Ah nevermind. It really isn't important enough overall. Looking forward to the new Releas.

No worries, I didn't take it as a rant. I just like to provide the insight whenever I can.

COVID and the resulting disruption in supply chain (which is still ongoing, it's not as constant, but delays and shortages due to COVID outbreaks are still occurring) really shook up how a lot of toy companies reveal and release product.

Every company has decided to do something different. A lot of toy companies are announcing product 1 or 2 years out. Safari does not want to have that large of a gap between announcement and release.

A lot of toy companies are also, as I mentioned, releasing digital 3D renders, which is not something I'm personally a fan of. Soliciting interest in an item based on 3D renders has a lot of potential to be misleading, as there can be a wide gulf between the original design and final product. But companies from Super7 to Hasbro and a whole bunch in between all do this these days, because they would rather get the info out there as fast as possible.

At Safari, the preference is to have a shorter window between reveal and release, so that the product shown is as close to the finished product as possible, and also to keep the excitement going so the product is (hopefully) available not too long after the initial excitement of the announcement. It also helps us to know for sure that when we announce a product, it is going to be available soon. There are many toy companies that make lots of announcements, only for figures to be delayed, canceled, or just completely ignored.

Good news is Majungasaurus is available now! And the next reveal should be this week, if I'm not mistaken.

Jose S.M.

They just tweeted the new prehistoric reveal will be tomorrow!

Lynx

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 07, 2023, 03:13:31 PMThey just tweeted the new prehistoric reveal will be tomorrow!

This is probably one of the few reveals from companies where I am actually excited, I am expecting it to be Utahraptor, but certainly wouldn't mind any other prehistoric creatures from Utah too!
An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shane on March 07, 2023, 01:46:11 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 07, 2023, 11:29:09 AMThank you for answering that fast, Shane. Then it is like i thought and it does have to do with Figures not ready in the Making. Also, this wasn't ment as a rant against Safari. I guess a generell disliking of this way of teasing Products that happens all over the place. With different practices in how it is done.

No worries, I didn't take it as a rant. I just like to provide the insight whenever I can.

COVID and the resulting disruption in supply chain (which is still ongoing, it's not as constant, but delays and shortages due to COVID outbreaks are still occurring) really shook up how a lot of toy companies reveal and release product.

Every company has decided to do something different. A lot of toy companies are announcing product 1 or 2 years out. Safari does not want to have that large of a gap between announcement and release.

A lot of toy companies are also, as I mentioned, releasing digital 3D renders, which is not something I'm personally a fan of. Soliciting interest in an item based on 3D renders has a lot of potential to be misleading, as there can be a wide gulf between the original design and final product. But companies from Super7 to Hasbro and a whole bunch in between all do this these days, because they would rather get the info out there as fast as possible.

At Safari, the preference is to have a shorter window between reveal and release, so that the product shown is as close to the finished product as possible, and also to keep the excitement going so the product is (hopefully) available not too long after the initial excitement of the announcement. It also helps us to know for sure that when we announce a product, it is going to be available soon. There are many toy companies that make lots of announcements, only for figures to be delayed, canceled, or just completely ignored.

Good news is Majungasaurus is available now! And the next reveal should be this week, if I'm not mistaken.

Works for me, I redeem my Bernie Bucks for those 30% off coupons. Helps when I order for our gift shop so we can stock up and I get a new figure. :)

GojiraGuy1954

I hope this one interests me
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SpartanSquat

Well they announced tomorrow is the reveal
Final bets: Strong candidate: Utahraptor
My other possible creatures: Falcarius, Cedarosaurus and Moros

Avian

If we are taking final bets, I'll put big money on a Utahraptor.
A) Its an ever-popular theropod
B) Relates directly to the state of Utah
C) Would continue the trend of remaking older figures from the original Carnegie and Wild Safari lines
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Nyrorosaurus

bmathison1972

Looks amazing.

I think I am going to be bold and resume my earlier request to review it for the Blog, since I live in Utah and can think of some creative ways to photograph it :)

This will be my first true 'dinosaur' review since I mostly review invertebrates LOL

If someone is going to receive it as a review sample with expectations of a review, that takes priority over me :)

avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

Lynx

WOAHHHHH
It certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but the potential pouncing pose and the mouth wide open are really cool!
An oversized house cat.

Jose S.M.

I don't really know what to think about this one. I know Utahraptor had weird proportions compared to other dromeosaurs and that it was stockier, maybe it's just the pose that makes it look a bit strange to me and the angle of the picture is not the best.

bmathison1972

BTW I LOVE the blue!!! A nice contrast to the most recent Velociraptor and Deinonychus figures!

Sim

I'm happy with it!  I had been wondering how Safari would make Utahraptor have a different pose to their 2017 Velociraptor and Deinonychus and they've done it, I'm impressed.  Safari's new Utahraptor looks iconic already!

Shane

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 08, 2023, 01:48:48 PMI don't really know what to think about this one. I know Utahraptor had weird proportions compared to other dromeosaurs and that it was stockier, maybe it's just the pose that makes it look a bit strange to me and the angle of the picture is not the best.

There are some more photos from different angles here:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/utahraptor-toy-figure

Gwangi

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on March 08, 2023, 01:39:05 PMUtahraptor

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 08, 2023, 01:43:46 PMLooks amazing.

I think I am going to be bold and resume my earlier request to review it for the Blog, since I live in Utah and can think of some creative ways to photograph it :)

This will be my first true 'dinosaur' review since I mostly review invertebrates LOL

If someone is going to receive it as a review sample with expectations of a review, that takes priority over me :)

avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

B @bmathison1972, I believe a Youtuber (Dino-Scream Reviews) received this one as a sample and from what I gather, Safari doesn't send out multiple samples of the same figures. I didn't get one and if I were going to they would have sent it to coincide with the announcement. Likewise, I was the only person to get the Majunga. So, you should be good to go. A thread for Safari reviews has not been created yet, I suppose I'll do that and put you down for it.

I think the figure looks fantastic and I can't wait to get it. The paintjob reminds me of a peregrine falcon. Finally, a Utahraptor worth collecting, as I live and breathe!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Shane on March 08, 2023, 01:56:59 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 08, 2023, 01:48:48 PMI don't really know what to think about this one. I know Utahraptor had weird proportions compared to other dromeosaurs and that it was stockier, maybe it's just the pose that makes it look a bit strange to me and the angle of the picture is not the best.

There are some more photos from different angles here:

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/new-releases/products/utahraptor-toy-figure

Oh Nice! Consider me sold on this one! Having seen more images I think it looks pretty great! I like how the feathers at the tip of its wings look and that it looks properly bulky.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: