News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

I wont be surprise if they will do a Moros due Dominion popularity

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: RolandEden on March 02, 2023, 02:51:57 PMI wont be surprise if they will do a Moros due Dominion popularity

Would be fine for me. If Doug made the Sculpt, it could be a few Years old by now. So hard to say. But a fully feathered, long snouted small Tyrannosaur. Why not. But Utahraptor SEEMS to make sense overall. But we'll see. Kind of hyped now. A bit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Utahraptor is my guess. Kids love raptors.

Sim

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 02, 2023, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on March 02, 2023, 02:51:57 PMI wont be surprise if they will do a Moros due Dominion popularity

Would be fine for me. If Doug made the Sculpt, it could be a few Years old by now. So hard to say. But a fully feathered, long snouted small Tyrannosaur. Why not. But Utahraptor SEEMS to make sense overall. But we'll see. Kind of hyped now. A bit.
I would be surprised if Safari made a Moros as it's known from very fragmentary remains and has an unknown appearance.  I also don't think it's popular.

Fembrogon

Moros would be interesting, but Utahraptor seems like a much safer bet. Both enthusiasts and casual buyers will be drawn in better by the big raptor, I'm sure.

GojiraGuy1954

There are way cooler early Tyrannosaurs than Moros they could do
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

I'd love a Doug Watson Utahceratops. The BotM one was too big for my collection, and the proportions were rather awkward. An unfortunate side-effect of parts sharing with centrosaurines.

I wouldn't mind a Utahraptor as well, but the upcoming BotM/Cyberzoic one will be hard to beat. That's not to say that both can't coexist in harmony though, Safari and BotM target very different audiences afterall.

Halichoeres

In a reply, Safari all but confirmed Utahraptor. Although the obvious Cedar Mountain dinosaur should have been Eolambia!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

Ah, I was hoping for a Utahceratops. It's been so long since we had a Doug Watson ceratopsian! I'm sure the Utahraptor will be a nice one, though; Safari has a great track record with raptors.
Check out my customs thread!

Jose S.M.

What I was hoping was for it to be revealed yesterday hahaha. I guess they never said a date this time but was hoping it was like last reveal.

Flaffy

Been a week since the teaser... Maybe it's time for the big reveal?

suspsy

If this reveal is indeed Utahraptor, then I hope the one after that is a herbivore.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kapitaenosavrvs

I do understand these long and mysterious Reveals from a marketing standpoint, but i hate it. It just creates unneeded Hype within me what ultimately turns to frustration and a too high expectation on a new Figure. I like an "look. Here's what we have this year. Buy it if you like. It is available around X" approach. Like what CollectA does. We all have seen them, also in Videoform and we can clearly decide and they did an amazing job and now i have to wait for them to arrive here. It is amazing. But i know what is awaiting me.

I read, i think it was in this thread, that Figures weren't ready and thats because it takes so long. But when you have a Teaser, i think you have a Final Figure. But i could be wrong of course, because i am not knowing any interna of Safari. How could i.

Still, it bothers me.

Shane

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 06, 2023, 12:34:44 PMBut when you have a Teaser, i think you have a Final Figure. But i could be wrong of course, because i am not knowing any interna of Safari. How could i.

Still, it bothers me.

Safari has multiple items in production, and does not want to reveal items that won't be available for a very long time. IE, revealing a Majungasaurus in January that won't be available until August or something (the Majungas should be available sometime very soon BTW).

When the "Final Figure" is in hand, it is for sale. There is no reason to sit on something to wait to release it, when it's in the warehouse and it's passed QC inspection, it is made available.

When you have a "Teaser" from any company, it's very rarely the final in-hand figure. It is usually a photo of a preproduction sample, or sometimes even a prototype or, as is becoming much more common with many toy companies, a 3D digital render.

In the case of Safari the teaser shown is usually the final pre-production sample, in order to be as close to what the customer is going to get as it can reasonably be.

Fembrogon

As used as I am to large announcement dumps early on, what Safari is doing now doesn't feel very different the PNSO announcement model. We all seem to be comfortable with PNSO, so I have no complaints with the approach here, either.

Jose S.M.

These days studios release 5 second teasers for a 30 second teaser for a 2 minute trailer for a 2 hour movie so I'm used to it anyway. Still I'm hoping the reveal will come soon! Hehe

Fembrogon

Flaffy

Hopefully it won't take a year for it to reach UK shores O:-)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 06, 2023, 11:01:25 PMMajungasaurus is in stock!
https://www.safariltd.com/products/majungasaurus-toy-figure

Thanks! I will wait for HHT to get it, as they have a couple non-Safari things I want, too

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: