News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2023, 02:25:24 PMNot gonna lie, unless spacing out the reveals over the entire year is necessary because the toys are still in the process of being created, I don't like that decision one bit. But it is what it is.

I agree. If a company knows what their line-up will be for the year, it's best to announce it as soon as possible so collectors can plan their year.

For example, say Safari plans on announcing a Hadrosaurus later this year as CollectA already did. If Safari would do that, I would favor theirs. However, CollectA's has been released already and it's a taxon I want so I bought it already. If Safari was to announce one next week, I wouldn't get it. They would have lost at least one sale because they were late to the game on announcing it. However, if Safari had announced it in late 2022 like they historically would have, I would have waited for it, even if the actual release date was after CollectA's.

Other collectors might prioritize purchases for other reasons (cost, space, etc.). If you know what you're going to release, best to let your audience know as soon as possible to increase your likelihood of purchases!

Shane

Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2023, 02:25:24 PM--unless spacing out the reveals over the entire year is necessary because the toys are still in the process of being created--

Yes this is why.

suspsy

Quote from: Shane on January 25, 2023, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2023, 02:25:24 PM--unless spacing out the reveals over the entire year is necessary because the toys are still in the process of being created--

Yes this is why.

Alright, that is a good reason. Thank you for that clarification, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it is appreciated, S @Shane.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shane

Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2023, 03:06:17 PMAlright, that is a good reason. Thank you for that clarification, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it is appreciated, S @Shane.

Trust me, Safari would not be sitting on figures it could sell just to draw out anticipation.

As soon as figures hit our warehouse and pass QC, they are made available to buy.

Without getting too into it, there are things like factory delays and shutdowns, needing to keep our inventory of existing items robust, and other things that necessitate us spreading out our new item production over a longer period of time.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2023, 03:06:17 PM
Quote from: Shane on January 25, 2023, 02:56:56 PM

Yes this is why.

Alright, that is a good reason. Thank you for that clarification, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it is appreciated, S @Shane.

I agree, thank you!

Halichoeres

I was kidding, with a dash of wishful thinking, when I said weekly, but yeah, probably good to clarify on the chance someone took it literally.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on January 25, 2023, 02:25:24 PMNot gonna lie, unless spacing out the reveals over the entire year is necessary because the toys are still in the process of being created, I don't like that decision one bit. But it is what it is.
He think he PNSO
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shane

Pliosaurking

I quite like this figure, and I'm glad the paint scheme is something new! I also quite like the pose.

Flaffy

EmperorDinobot

Well, this is a must-have.

bmathison1972

An instant acquisition! Thank you, Safari!

Flaffy

Shouldn't Majungasaurus lack developed claws on it's digits? I don't recall claws being recovered for the genus. I think Safari could've gotten away with not painting the claws black, something seen on their previous abelisaur release. Maybe this can be fixed like they did with their Iguanodon? Where an extra digit was given claw paint erroneously.

That said, glad to see Majungasaurus getting some well deserved attention. Been waiting forever for a better version of the genus since CollectA's attempt from their Procon days. Really like the colour scheme too. Seems like Safari is moving on from their beige/brown paint bucket.

CityRaptor

Look at those proportions. I knew Majaungasaurus had some stretchy proportions, but I never realized just how stretched it was. This figure is also only eye and claw colors away from the old Demon Carnotaurus.

I want one!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

If anyone cares about what I think of it, here's the review on our own DTB! Big thanks to Safari for the review sample and letting the DTB in on the big announcement.

https://dinotoyblog.com/majungasaurus-wild-safari-by-safari-ltd/

Shane

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 27, 2023, 02:46:25 PMThis figure is also only eye and claw colors away from the old Demon Carnotaurus.

I want one!

This is something I noticed early on in the development of the figure; according to the sculptor (who I will allow to decide if they wish to remain anon or not) this was a coincidence. I do feel it is a nice, if unintentional, callback though.

SpartanSquat

I think Doug Watson did it, looks similar to Dougs Carnotaurus

Thialfi

This is pretty fantastic, I love it.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Flaffy on January 27, 2023, 02:36:39 PM

It's good, but I personally don't see the need to get it when the Wild Past one is coming out
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: