News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino and Dog 3D Models

Started by Avian, March 11, 2023, 07:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avian

I recently came across a 3D Model designer by the name of "Dino and Dog." They offer about 270 different prehistoric figurines that appear to be quite well sculpted, and a good bit of these are free to download. The ones to buy are also fairly cheap, generally staying under $10 per figure. Of course the caveat  here is that you have to have your own 3D printer, as they dont ship as models. Anyway, I figured I'd post it here as some of you may be interested.

Interesting species here including Sinomegaceros, Dreadnoughtus, Brontornis, and even a Cordyceps infected Dilophosaur.

Link to online store: Dino and Dog
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Dusty Wren

If you don't have a 3D printer, some sellers on Etsy are licensed to print Dino and Dog miniatures and they sell finished prints. TsTinkerings is one, but I believe there are others.
Check out my customs thread!

stargatedalek

If you buy the models yourself, you can commission anyone with a printer to print them.

Avian

Has anyone bought these models before? Either self-printed or commissioned.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Avian on March 11, 2023, 07:36:18 PMI recently came across a 3D Model designer by the name of "Dino and Dog." They offer about 270 different prehistoric figurines that appear to be quite well sculpted, and a good bit of these are free to download. The ones to buy are also fairly cheap, generally staying under $10 per figure. Of course the caveat  here is that you have to have your own 3D printer, as they dont ship as models. Anyway, I figured I'd post it here as some of you may be interested.

Interesting species here including Sinomegaceros, Dreadnoughtus, Brontornis, and even a Cordyceps infected Dilophosaur.

Link to online store: Dino and Dog

All the different poses! Oh boy!

Halichoeres

The school of Ceratodus is definitely tempting.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

I have printed in PLA the smilodon, it's small (about 5 cm) but very well sculpted.
I'm very tempted to buy the Lambeosaurus and Dreadnoughtus and print them larger. They look gorgeous.

Avian

Can anyone assign a species to these moa figures? I am unfamiliar with Dinornithiformes and I'm not sure how to distinguish between them, or if they can be distinguished from one another in figure form at all.

Figure

Figure with Haast's Eagle

Halichoeres

avatar_Avian @Avian I think that's Dinornis robustus. You could check with the designer but based on the bill shape and the size relative to the eagle I think that's what they were going for.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.