News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2023, 02:47:56 AMIt was the only new figure at Target today, easy skip. C'mon, Poposaurus...

I saw him and the Allosaurus has an entire endcap from last week. I don't know where they are going to put it all as the JW section is packed full right now. Saw a box labeled Baby Blue too I didn't bother as I just want the dino damage explorer set.

Gwangi

There's no way my Target will carry the Poposaurus, they haven't had Mattel dinosaurs in that size range in YEARS. If I'm going to find the Poposaurus it going to have to be at Walmart.

Faelrin

Yeah I've only heard of Walmarts carrying that size range. I just checked both stores closest to me recently and can confirm that was the case there. Check the holiday sections too, some folks have found them there (if not at the top of the JW section). I was really hoping to find the Eoraptor set when I went, but least I found the (odd) Ornithocheirus. Granted I never thought to check the holiday section. Top just had more overspill of old stuff from what I saw.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Primeval12

My Target had the smaller ones, like the baby Nasuto, Dimetrodon, and a few others.

Gwangi

Quote from: Primeval12 on November 21, 2023, 04:20:25 PMMy Target had the smaller ones, like the baby Nasuto, Dimetrodon, and a few others.

I never even saw the baby Nasuto in the wild around here.  :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2023, 05:45:55 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on November 21, 2023, 04:20:25 PMMy Target had the smaller ones, like the baby Nasuto, Dimetrodon, and a few others.

I saw maybe 3 of them?

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 21, 2023, 08:03:56 PM

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My Walmart is clogged with ED Dimetrodon, Velociraptor, and Quilmesaurus. I won't even buy the Quilmesaurus, I'm sick of seeing it at Walmart, I don't need to see it on my shelf. They need to put some of them on clearance.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2023, 09:01:58 PM

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My Walmart is clogged with ED Dimetrodon, Velociraptor, and Quilmesaurus. I won't even buy the Quilmesaurus, I'm sick of seeing it at Walmart, I don't need to see it on my shelf. They need to put some of them on clearance.

My walmart's clearance section is a local joke. They decrease something by 1-2.00 and it's considered clearance.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 22, 2023, 04:04:35 AM

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My walmart's clearance section is a local joke. They decrease something by 1-2.00 and it's considered clearance.

Yeah, it's the same here.  ::)

Bread

Wasn't sure where to put this, but there is a sale on Target's website right now.

I was able to pickup the Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus for about $20. That was after shipping and taxes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on November 23, 2023, 03:50:36 PMWasn't sure where to put this, but there is a sale on Target's website right now.

I was able to pickup the Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus for about $20. That was after shipping and taxes.

Quite a few good deals on there, the HC Brachio is finally 50% off. I bought a 2nd one. The Rex at that price is almost worth getting to buy all those custom parts.

Halichoeres

Actually, now that you mention it, most of the small ones I have found at Best Buy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2023, 02:44:24 AM
Quote from: Bread on November 23, 2023, 03:50:36 PMWasn't sure where to put this, but there is a sale on Target's website right now.

Quite a few good deals on there, the HC Brachio is finally 50% off. I bought a 2nd one. The Rex at that price is almost worth getting to buy all those custom parts.

Like I said before, I hate you americans and your deals.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2023, 02:44:24 AM

The Rex at that price is almost worth getting to buy all those custom parts.
That's exactly what I did lol.

SBell

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My Canadian Walmart has multiple shelves of the Kayla Allosaurus set. Still for $75. After 2 years. Complete with a sign about bargain pricing.

$2 is apparently too big a drop...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2023, 03:13:27 PM

I saw maybe 3 of them?

My Canadian Walmart has multiple shelves of the Kayla Allosaurus set. Still for $75. After 2 years. Complete with a sign about bargain pricing.

Was that an Allosaurus set? The one with the Copter? I can't recall now, too many new species for my head to keep up with.

Faelrin

avatar_SBell @SBell avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Rajasaurus.

Man I really should have held off and waited until now to pick up the Brachiosaurus, but eh, only like a $10-$15 decrease from what I spent earlier, so not too significant. Part of me also feels that way with the Creative Beast figures on sale, but at the same time there's a certain joy I get from getting things in person (though mail can also be exciting like when the Koolasuchus that I'm working on reviewing came from Happy Hen).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

andrewsaurus rex

the Koolasuchus is a fun figure.  :)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 25, 2023, 05:19:49 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2023, 03:13:27 PM

I saw maybe 3 of them?

Was that an Allosaurus set? The one with the Copter? I can't recall now, too many new species for my head to keep up with.

That's the one. Never really wanted it... apparently I'm not the only one because there's dozens

Gwangi

Jurassic World stuff is on sale on Target again, including the Carnotaurus for 30% off. I ordered one! Sale ends Monday.

https://www.target.com/c/jurassic-world-hammond-collection/-/N-cbrpe

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: