News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 19, 2024, 04:23:12 AMI'll get it, even though my favorite young Rex was the brown version. Who's the human supposed to be? 

I generally leave these in box as they just look better displayed in them anyway.

The face looks like Ray, he even has the glasses. I think Mattel is sticking with the movie characters for this line. They have so far anyway.

CityRaptor

Yep, that looks like Ray Arnold, and nothing like Scrap Davis. The outfit however looks a lot like the one Roland Tembo had during the Lost World toyline. Guess Ray's encounter with the raptors took a significantly different turn....
"I have had it with those Raptors in this Maintenance Shed! Now hold onto your butts!"
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Was anyone else's first thought when seeing the Young rex's colour scheme that it looks like the Battat T. rex colours? ^^
It also reminds me of the new EoFauna T. rex. I guess a black T. rex with a yellow underside is a surprisingly popular colour scheme.
I can't believe how good that sculpt is, it's really THE young rex!

Hopefully it makes it to the UK, the only JP 93 toy we have is the red rex if I'm not mistaken.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 19, 2024, 12:49:28 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 19, 2024, 04:23:12 AMI'll get it, even though my favorite young Rex was the brown version. Who's the human supposed to be? 

I generally leave these in box as they just look better displayed in them anyway.

The face looks like Ray, he even has the glasses. I think Mattel is sticking with the movie characters for this line. They have so far anyway.

So does Scrap Davis in regard to glasses. It doesn't much matter though..from the people that brought us Buff Nedry I expect anything. lol

Quote from: Dilopho on May 19, 2024, 03:14:33 PMWas anyone else's first thought when seeing the Young rex's colour scheme that it looks like the Battat T. rex colours? ^^
It also reminds me of the new EoFauna T. rex. I guess a black T. rex with a yellow underside is a surprisingly popular colour scheme.
I can't believe how good that sculpt is, it's really THE young rex!

Hopefully it makes it to the UK, the only JP 93 toy we have is the red rex if I'm not mistaken.

I immediately told that to a friend, he look they made one based on the Battat!" Ah but he knew better.  ;D

In stock links:

Mega Roar Allo : https://www.amazon.com/Mattel-Jurassic-Allosaurus-Stretchable-Increasing/dp/B0CNYDSQNJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1N24F79U25E0Q&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.1afMSFWnDcyYM5V_QwCeq8t97n_MwTTHCSHc1gsESohLY6Fbru2u4YpojvLidCmzI6N_Z7MIrYiKC7yWoUCf0cLptmCt2G0UKXCHOYDuvG5R_CMHekT3tRA25_050okiXjjNwFvHLXmAWFQf1b5NrCR4AQfkvdWfdaXBcj3Up0x_v95eALdiXwfSjXP2VFGgLtKZmkeI0UWHZ41yOoGkx7mM4uYiJB9JSICJFbukfvn5-fd0qYXEbqdqC_dJw7Ijf-k2RJhERD6_bS6e2OEKcc56HXfN8_8gDUY8myS6wS8.4tAFPOYNtJu5UIHJU2gAzzMBXmUNbrUQcX1AsuQGGeE&dib_tag=se&keywords=jurassic+world+chaos+theory&qid=1716136014&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=jurassic+world+chaos+theory+%2Ctoys-and-games%2C86&sr=1-1

Atrociraptor mask: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jurassic-World-Chaos-Theory-Atrociraptor-Mask-with-Sound-for-Role-Play/5150255735?from=/search

JW: Chaos Theory Darius Adventure Pack  : https://www.target.com/p/jurassic-world--chaos-theory-darius-adventure-figure-pack/-/A-89101725

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like Target's exclusives this month are Claire and Delta. Shame as I really wanted the Pyroraptor sooner than September.  Claire just looks ok, Delta is a repaint of Blue right?

Eatmycar

I think Delta's head... and forelimbs... are new. The latter of which is quite shocking to me but good on them.

That said, I am confused at how Claire's head feels so off compared to Owen's head. I'm also confused why we have Fallen Kingdom Claire and not JW Claire with that iconic outfit. It seems like such a weird choice, and I'm befuddled by it.

Prehistory Resurrection

Hammond Collection Claire has been revealed. More pictures of the latest Hammond Collection releases can be found in this video as well. Credit: ProC Youtube Channel.

MLMjp

Pass. I want Jurassic World 2015 Claire.

Gwangi

Really disappointed that we didn't get a Jurassic World Claire and I don't care about Delta. All well!  :-\

Carnoking

Yeah, I'm not seeing Bryce Dallas Howard in that design. Same thing happened with HC Ellie Sattler

Flaffy

I'm still perfectly happing with my Legacy and Mainline versions of those respective characters. I felt no strong need to pick up the Hammond Collection versions, especially those sculpts with poor likeness to the actors/actresses.

It is a shame Mattel did not take the opportunity to produce a JW design Claire.

Carnoking

Maybe they're saving that for that new Jurassic World reimagined line?

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on May 22, 2024, 02:27:18 PMMaybe they're saving that for that new Jurassic World reimagined line?

Good point there. We still have zero clue what this new line is so I'm hoping for some proper screen accurate JW figures.

Flaffy

Pros: better in every way to the mainline version.
Cons: unpainted claws, unpainted palms and no lips. The last one being a particularly egregious oversight imo.

Prehistory Resurrection

Beyond the Gates video.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have lamented the lack of a JW Claire for years..I've no idea why they don't make her other than her outfit/look isn't actiony enough. Same for Masrani, ect.. idk. Collectors will buy why they need to complete a line they should realize that by now?

I think the Pyroraptor is pretty good for 14.99 figure to be honest. More feathered dinos is a win too right?

Faelrin

On one hand, no white claws, on the other hand, more cost cutting on the inside of the wings, and lack of lips (although to be fair, that was noticeable with the previous image that was from Amazon Japan). I'm not surprised they re-used the same head sculpt, but at least the rest of the sculpt is an improvement. Looks like I'll need to get my own paint to fix it up though, particularly the tail and underside of the wings. Still definitely picking this one up. I'm sure there will be a correction head to add lips if anyone wants to go that route. Might even be a simple fix with some sculpting material and paint like those many custom PNSO figures, while keeping the glass eyes in tact, unless the new head has replacement eyes.

I don't mind waiting longer for the Pyroraptor. I still need to pick up the Carnotaurus, and of course the new Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus as well.

Claire is an easy pass. The FK version again, which the original figure had a much better likeness to Bryce Dallas Howard. Not sure how they've been messing up this bad with the humans lately.

Delta is nice, but not a must have for me. I may pick it up, but I'm not in any particular rush.

Anyways I'll get the op updated with the new box pics.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

andrewsaurus rex

the pyroraptor doesn't look too bad.  I gather it is nowhere near scale with figs, unless the Pyroraptor is much bigger in the JW world than it was in the prehistoric world?

Carnoking

These HC figures are almost always on sale at one point in one way or another, so I'm rarely in a hurry to pick them up. These smaller figures are a pretty mixed bag usually but it's easier to look past the flaws when they're a few bucks off or part of a BOGO deal

andrewsaurus rex

i just read that the HC Giga is 29 inches long?  Is that correct? I wish we'd get a T-rex that size or close.  My beloved Epic Roarin' rex is about 22.5 inches and the HC rex is about 24.5 inches (longer tail than the Epic, otherwise the same size). 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: