News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

deanm collection

Started by deanm, December 24, 2012, 10:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

Slowly been adding here and there plus with some vacation time I decided to shoot some quick photos of my collection.  This will be mostly a photo tour with few if any comments.

My plan is to shoot individual photos of the pterosaurs and then put it up at a later date with more details.  I have a lot of china-pterasaurs that are not shown in the photos below (toothy pteranodons, etc).  There are a few other things on the journey also that show some of my other interests...

Walls over my Desk
Overview Shot

Close-ups (marching along...)

Pterosaur Cabinet

Overhead and other Spots

Other Wall Display
Overview Image

Close-ups (marching along... again)

Fukuiraptor

Amazing display!  But I wonder how you dust the figures......they must be collecting dust over time  :)

deanm

Surprisingly, it has not been so bad for dust in the basement (lower traffic area of the house) plus I have pretty decent furnace filters. I still get dust - but overall not as much as I would have expected. Last time I dusted down there was about 1.5 years ago now (I didn't dust before shooting the photos).

DinoToyForum

Great shelves! And such an extensive collection too  :)

tyrantqueen

Very impressive collection.  I found it rather humourous that the CollectA Tyrannosaurus toppled over in the photograph ;D I like your aeroplanes and tanks too (especially the British ones haha)

Where did you get that TS toys Ornithocheirus (Tropeognathus) from? I've been searching everywhere for one, and with no luck :(

Takama

Who makes that Boxed up allosaur,

stoneage

:)  Great collection!  I love your shelves and the way you've chosen to display your figures!

SBell

He might have got the TS Tropeognathus from me...I know I sold/traded mine to someone, and Dean would be most logical!

And the boxed Albertosaurus was originally developed and produced by the owner of the Fossil Shop in Drumheller, Alberta, Canada. You can get it at many of the stores in Drumheller, but as far as I know, nowhere else.  In-house, it can be purchased quite cheap (although I've never bought one).

deanm

sbell is correct on both counts. :)

I did indeed get the TS Tropepgnathus from him.

The Albertosaurus figure was bought when I was in Drumheller 3 summers ago now. I got it for 6$ if I recall correctly.

ZoPteryx

Very impressive collection Dean!  Are there any pterosaurs you don't have!? :o

deanm

:)) There are a few...  :))

The fun is in the chase for those ones and developing other areas of prehistoric floral/fauna interests. The old forum opened my eyes to the even greater dinosaur figure diversity. Both forums have dragged me (willingly) into collecting other groups.

Brontozaurus

I recognise some of those Yowie figures!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

sauroid

very very cool and impressive collection deanm.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Amazing collection. You should glad of your acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Someone seems to love Pterosaurs... :)

Excellent collection! Many awesome and rare figures. Also a fair amount of Yowies among them. If you happen to be able to provide pics of the figures I'm still looking for (for the Unique Species Specimen thread), please don't hesitate! ;)

Gwangi

Good to finally see your collection, I knew it would be a good one.  :)

deanm

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2012, 11:53:11 PM
Very impressive collection.  I found it rather humourous that the CollectA Tyrannosaurus toppled over in the photograph ;D I like your aeroplanes and tanks too (especially the British ones haha)

Where did you get that TS toys Ornithocheirus (Tropeognathus) from? I've been searching everywhere for one, and with no luck :(

:) I have a few different interests.  :) The British Centurion tank was a childhood gift from my parents. I gave up awhile ago trying to get that dang CollectA T rex with prey to properly stand up...  I have a few more diecast 1:72 metal planes that are not shown. My favourite is the CF-105 Avro Arrow.

deanm

Quote from: stoneage on December 25, 2012, 03:09:21 AM
:)  Great collection!  I love your shelves and the way you've chosen to display your figures!

Thank-you. Coming from yourself that is a high compliment and much appreciated.  :)

The shelving idea/concept was borne out of necessity. I did not have space for cabinets which would have been my first choice but the "bookshelf" style brackets on the walls offered me a great way to display and enjoy my collection.

deanm

Quote from: Gwangi on December 26, 2012, 10:28:16 PM
Good to finally see your collection, I knew it would be a good one.  :)

Thanks for your kind words.  :)   

deanm

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 25, 2012, 07:05:38 AM
I recognise some of those Yowie figures!

Yes, you are correct!  :)

Yourself and many others have helped to me  add to my collection. Much appreciated!  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: