News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2024

Started by Concavenator, December 04, 2023, 12:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 11:32:01 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2024, 09:13:29 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 02, 2024, 08:42:43 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2024, 08:15:45 PMOn that note, I must confess that I feel a little sorry for PNSO's Cameron. He seems to have ended up being quite overlooked, in no small part thanks to Eofauna's masterpiece, or Butcher as I call him. :) I do hope that somebody eventually submits a guest review of Cameron, as none of the regular reviewers have reserved him.

I'm digging your new signature!  Anything to draw attention to this new T-rex is a good thing.  It's so exciting to finally have an 'affordable' lipped T-rex figure on the market for everyone to enjoy.

Yes, I was taking pictures of Butcher on the weekend for a Facebook review when I suddenly decided that it was time for a little change. :) Also, I really like the detachable base.
Does yours stand on it's own?

I can get mine to stand just fine on a level surface but even a slight breeze will blow it over.  Then I added a tiny piece of silly putty on the inside toe of the plant leg and it stabilized the figure.

Yes, Butcher stands up on his own without the base just fine, but for safety's sake, I don't keep him that way on top of the display cabinet. Only when he's in the middle of my desk do I remove him from his base.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

I was able to get mine to stand outside without the base. It wasn't easy though.  ^-^

SidB

All this talk about the new Eofauna rex and Cameron has me really anticipating the arrival of mine from Dejankins. It's going to be the main competition on my shelf for the PNSO Cameron+, which has been lipped for quite a bit for more than a few nickels and dimes:

with his unlipped sidekick, ordinary, everyday Cameron

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2024, 01:01:36 AMI was able to get mine to stand outside without the base. It wasn't easy though.  ^-^

The teeth on yours look bigger than on mine, particularly the lower ones, did you modify it?

Cool picture BTW :)

Gwangi

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 03, 2024, 02:28:19 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2024, 01:01:36 AMI was able to get mine to stand outside without the base. It wasn't easy though.  ^-^

The teeth on yours look bigger than on mine, particularly the lower ones, did you modify it?

No, I didn't modify it. You'll be able to see more pictures soon enough. It's my next review for the blog.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2024, 08:15:45 PMOn that note, I must confess that I feel a little sorry for PNSO's Cameron. He seems to have ended up being quite overlooked, in no small part thanks to Eofauna's masterpiece, or Butcher as I call him. :) I do hope that somebody eventually submits a guest review of Cameron, as none of the regular reviewers have reserved him.

I share your thoughts. I like Cameron much more than I thought in the time he was announced.
Maybe it's time for my first review???
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

suspsy

Quote from: Paleo Flo on July 03, 2024, 06:32:40 AM

I share your thoughts. I like Cameron much more than I thought in the time he was announced.

Go for it!

Halichoeres

A hadrosaur does seem like the next logical thing from EoFauna. I almost don't care which, I'm sure it will be superlative.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I've come across a recent analysis that finds Magnapaulia to be a species of Hypacrosaurus.  This shows that the relationships of Magnapaulia are not settled.  Also, since the two widely-accepted species of Hypacrosaurus look fairly different as can be seen below, it makes me think that Magnapaulia would be a disappointing choice for a figure even more.  In contrast, I would be very interested in one of the two (other?) Hypacrosaurus species being made into a figure.

(Image source)

suspsy

Thanks for further demonstrating that Magnapaulia in all likelihood did have a helmet-shaped crest! Combined with the fact most of the skeleton is known, it would indeed make a superb toy from Eofauna or anything other company. ;D

Sim

Well, I'm not sure how stable its relationships are, I don't know much about hadrosaurids.  However, the two Hypacrosaurus species and the two Corythosaurus species all have different-looking crests, so the crest of a Magnapaulia figure would be too speculative for me, personally.  I think Magnapaulia would not be a good choice for making into a figure due to the appearance of its crest area being uncertain.  And even more so, when hadrosaurids with known appearances and more scientific and popular importance need a good figure, e.g. Corythosaurus, Hypacrosaurus, Saurolophus, Brachylophosaurus...  I do respect that others can feel differently and expect to have my differing opinion respected too.

GojiraGuy1954

EoFauna is literally just finished making a T. imperator lol I don't think generic stability is much of a concern
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2024, 04:32:37 AM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 03, 2024, 02:28:19 AM

No, I didn't modify it. You'll be able to see more pictures soon enough. It's my next review for the blog.

Look forward to reading it and seeing the pictures :)

Paleo Flo

Quote from: suspsy on July 03, 2024, 11:41:31 AM

Go for it!

Challenge accepted  8)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

suspsy

Quote from: Paleo Flo on July 04, 2024, 06:21:18 AM
Quote from: suspsy on July 03, 2024, 11:41:31 AM

Go for it!

Challenge accepted  8)

Good stuff!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.