News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2014: Step 1

Started by anchry6, January 01, 2013, 01:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

This is the first step.
Rules: as written in
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1108.0.html
you have until January 15th (included) to write three names of prehistoric animals that you would like the next year made ​​by Papo.
Pass to the second step of the animals that will be at least three preferences.

:D

Takama

Since the success of Carnotaur

I vote for Giganotosaurus

Next up Apatoesaurus

Finally Dilophosaurus

ZoPteryx

Dilophosaurus
Quetzalcoatlus
Therizinosaurus

Trexroarr

Here are my three.

Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Iguanodon (The Carnotaurus needs some 'Disney' food!)

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

KeU

My 3 choices:
Giganotosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Barosaurus

John

Okay,I'll bite...
Ceratosaurus nasicornis (PLEASE NOT A JURASSIC PARK 3 RIP OFF!)
Quetzalcoatlus northropi
Dilophosaurus wetherilli (AGAIN,PLEASE NOT A JURASSIC PARK THE MOVIE RIPOFF!)
:)

*Sorry,but to me the "Jurassic Park" movies' dinosaurs were just one set of restorations out of many,not the "definitive" restorations.So you won't see any slavish worship of those movies from me...
:)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

Pegomastax Africanus
koreaceratops
acrocanthosaurus
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Therizinosaurus.

Alamosaurus.

Iguanodon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

darylj

Baryonyx
dilophosaurus
therizinosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dilophosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Gallimimus

Balaur

Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus
Diabloceratops

IHogaRok

I don't really have a whole lot of Dino figures. Is Papo the best Dino's to get? I was thinking of getting a few but I would like some advice. ???

ChrisLikesDinos

Not the most inventive list, but I figured these were reasonable choices and would sell if made:

Dilophosaurus - (mostly scientifically sculpted, no frill, colored after JP)
Ceratosaurus - (scientifically sculpted, colored after JP3)
Corythosaurus - (scientifically sculpted, colored after JP3)

Splonkadumpocus

Apatosaurus
Arctodus
Archaeopteryx

EDIT: Make that:

Apatosaurus
Torvosaurus
Pegomastax

tanystropheus

Giganotosaurus
Apatosaurus (Sideshow-inspired)
Chasmosaurus

tanystropheus

Quote from: IHogaRok on January 01, 2013, 06:25:50 PM
I don't really have a whole lot of Dino figures. Is Papo the best Dino's to get? I was thinking of getting a few but I would like some advice. ???

Yes. You can start with Papo's Running T-rex, but this is kinda the wrong thread...

Yutyrannus

Here are my choices.

Giganotosaurus
Utahraptor (Properly feathered)
Protoceratops

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

Dilophosaurus
Amargasaurus
Ceratosaurus

Patrx

Quote from: IHogaRok on January 01, 2013, 06:25:50 PM

That depends on what you're looking for :) There are lot of opinions on this type of thing, but I think I can make a few fair generalizations that may be useful to you.

Papo's dinosaurs are peerless when it comes to detail, down to the last tiny scale - but anatomically, they don't look much like dinosaurs and seem to be based on whatever comes up at the top of a Google image search list.

Wild Safari/Carnegie dinosaurs seem to be much more thoroughly researched, but don't generally match Papo's mastery of texture and detail.

CollectA is known for making figures of many different kinds of dinosaurs, some of them quite obscure and interesting. Historically, theyv'e not been very accurate or detailed, but they do seem to be improving in recent years.

Did I miss anyone?

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 01, 2013, 11:00:55 PM
Utahraptor (Properly feathered)
If Papo actually did that, I would buy an entire flock of them  :D

ajax

Giganotosaurus (a must for Papo)
Amargasaurus
Kentrosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: