News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 05, 2024, 03:24:17 PMI have recieved my Stegosaurus today. If i didn't know the company, i would assume PNSO.

Best stegosaurus toy so far , definitive in my opinion. I have green one btw. I don't buy multiple variants but it's so beautiful, i'm tempted to get Fruit one in future if it still available.

Congratulations to the Stegosurus ungulatus, this is a wonderful figure. If you like this one so much, you should give the Diabloceratops a chance. I was very critical when I saw the release images but in hand and in natural light this is a really nice little ceratopsian. And the texture is so crisp, better than anything I have seen from Haolonggood before.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 05, 2024, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 05, 2024, 03:24:17 PMI have recieved my Stegosaurus today. If i didn't know the company, i would assume PNSO.

Best stegosaurus toy so far , definitive in my opinion. I have green one btw. I don't buy multiple variants but it's so beautiful, i'm tempted to get Fruit one in future if it still available.

Congratulations to the Stegosurus ungulatus, this is a wonderful figure. If you like this one so much, you should give the Diabloceratops a chance. I was very critical when I saw the release images but in hand and in natural light this is a really nice little ceratopsian. And the texture is so crisp, better than anything I have seen from Haolonggood before.

Due to custom regulations,  i can only buy 5 item per month from outside of my country. So it's unlikely but I'm glad it's better than promo pictures.

Good news: I'm gonna get my long awaited HLG's Alamosaurus thanks to my sibling bringing from abroad. ( I wasn't able order because of regulations)

If they released Argentinosaurus, I'd get that one.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 05, 2024, 06:36:55 PM

Due to custom regulations,  i can only buy 5 item per month from outside of my country. So it's unlikely but I'm glad it's better than promo pictures.

Good news: I'm gonna get my long awaited HLG's Alamosaurus thanks to my sibling bringing from abroad. ( I wasn't able order because of regulations)

Do these customs restrictions also apply to shipment coming from private persons? I mean someone could purchase this for you and ship it as a private gift.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 05, 2024, 07:04:37 PM

Do these customs restrictions also apply to shipment coming from private persons? I mean someone could purchase this for you and ship it as a private gift.

Unfortunately, yes anything above 150 Euro , single or up to 5 items, (including taxes) will be stuck in customs. If there is no invoice as a  gift, officers will decide how much it might cost.

I told my sister don't even bring it within it's own box. (they might think it's for sale) If they ask she'll tell it's her own or blame my 3 year old nephew.  ;D

In other words, I'm a toy smuggler now.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 05, 2024, 09:10:03 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on July 05, 2024, 07:04:37 PM

Unfortunately, yes anything above 150 Euro , single or up to 5 items, (including taxes) will be stuck in customs. If there is no invoice as a  gift, officers will decide how much it might cost.

I told my sister don't even bring it within it's own box. (they might think it's for sale) If they ask she'll tell it's her own or blame my 3 year old nephew.  ;D

In other words, I'm a toy smuggler now.

Sorry to hear this, this sounds really difficult.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 05, 2024, 09:37:34 PMSorry to hear this, this sounds really difficult.

It's allright, bright side is we have much bigger problems as a country so this is nothing to worry.  ^-^

Bread

Whole new record of delivery time to my home here in the U.S. Took 7 days for this new Haolonggood Stegosaurus to arrive. Ordered on the 30th of June. Super surprised and happy with the model.

Quiversaurus

HLG mentioned a new release is expected this week, on their Facebook. Likely an ankylosaur as the image showed all their ankylosaurs released so far, arranged in a circle...

PoptartDoodle

Looks like Saichania is next, please inject directly into my veins thanks.

Carnoking

Is it just me, or is the new figure included in the group circle? Don't believe I recognize the red and grey figures to the right of the edmontonia.

PoptartDoodle

Quote from: Carnoking on July 08, 2024, 05:23:33 PMIs it just me, or is the new figure included in the group circle? Don't believe I recognize the red and grey figures to the right of the edmontonia.
Looks like it's Saichania.

Flaffy

Primeval12

Ouch! Right in the wallet

Sim

I thought Amargasaurus would be next due to that preview that was shown of it, but I welcome Saichania!  It's one of my most wanted species, ever since I found the nice green Schleich version was quite inaccurate.  Haolonggood's looks like it will be the accurate Saichania that was missing.  Both colourations of it look promising!  I look forward to seeing more of them! :)

Carnoking

Quote from: Sim on July 08, 2024, 05:48:43 PMI thought Amargasaurus would be next due to that preview that was shown of it, but I welcome Saichania!  It's one of my most wanted species, ever since I found the nice green Schleich version was quite inaccurate.  Haolonggood's looks like it will be the accurate Saichania that was missing.  Both colourations of it look promising!  I look forward to seeing more of them! :)

Their reveals have been coming more or less in pairs. Perhaps they have another surprise up their sleeve for us.

thomasw100

Saichania is a very nice surprise and the shape and colors look great. I would have rather guessed a sauropod or a ceratopsian to be next. But you never know. This Saichania figure seems to be comparable in terms of size to the Euoplocephalus. I found size estimates between 5 and 7 meters, so this figure fits into that range. The size of some specimens seems to be closer to the lower limit though.

The Haolonggood comparison picture of their ankylosauria also highlights how the Gastonia is way too large compared to the other genera. As they release more species they will probably have to pay a bit more attention to getting the relative size differences between genera about right. I understand that size estimates carry a large error margin because of many sources of uncertainty involved, but if the genus that is generally reported being smaller than the others turns out as the largest figure, this is a bit of a problem.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Wow! Based on these top views alone I think I'll have quite a difficult time choosing which version I prefer!

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on July 08, 2024, 06:48:37 PMWow! Based on these top views alone I think I'll have quite a difficult time choosing which version I prefer!

The red one reminds me of the Borealopelta colors. This would be my favorite one right now. The other one looks also very nice.

Gwangi

I have the red Edmontonia so the gray is an easy choice for me.

SidB

Yes, good to see a Saichania. Schleich made several stabs at making this taxon, but they left a lot to be desired. This should be a big improvement.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: