News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

I don't have a Saichania yet, so I am certain to get one of these. Not sure which color yet. I'll have to look at similar taxa I have purchased by HLG and pick whatever is most different from what I already have LOL.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the red/purple. The eyes on it look better to me, the pupil appears too large out of the socket on the green one. That said I'm sure the eye paint varies from model to model.

dragon53

thomasw100

Right now I prefer the red one, but I am curious to see the first in hand pictures. Haolonggood figures do always look much better in hand and in natural light than what the promotional images suggest. So I have very high hopes for this one. I am slightly disappointed by the size because I was hoping for a somewhat larger figure based on that very first image that was revealed few days ago, but then it is within the permissible range and therefore I am OK. Maybe then next year Tarchia, Talarurus and Ankylosaurus?

Joliezac

These look great! As already stated, Haolonggood figures tend to look much better in person. So I will wait until in hand photos to decide. I'm still waiting for my green Stegosaurus and Diabloceratops.

Sim

Thanks for sharing that, avatar_thebermuda303 @thebermuda303!  I hadn't noticed the flat parts of the neck ring were covered by skin!  I'll still be getting at least one Haolonggood Saichania, I like them a lot.  I still think they are the most accurate Saichania, the Schleich and Kaiyodo have an incorrect number of digits, while the Schleich one has too few neck osteoderms as well.

suspsy

I'm hoping they don't do Ankylosaurus and Triceratops, as CollectA, Eofauna, PNSO, and Safari have already done great toys of one or both of those animals. I'd much rather see Haolonggood do Tarchia and Scolosaurus and Centrosaurus and Torosaurus as future ankylosaurs and ceratopsians.

And if we're talking tyrannosaurs, then I'd like to see them tackle the likes of Bistahieversor, Dryptosaurus, Dynamoterror, Lythronax, and Sinotyrannus. And yes, at some point, they will need to make another Tyrannosaurus rex. You know they will.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

I thought you would have liked if Haolonggood did Triceratops prorsus?  I've noticed that when doing a search for "haolonggood" and a letter of the alphabet, the species suggested are all ones Haolonggood has made or plans to make, except for one: Triceratops.  This shows people are searching for a Haolonggood Triceratops.  I think it's only a matter of time until Haolonggood makes Triceratops.  I'm not really interested in another Triceratops figure though, and definitely not in an Ankylosaurus.  I'm happy with my PNSO versions of those.

The Haolonggood Euoplocephalus is Scolosaurus.  Scolosaurus cutleri, specifically.  I'd be interested in a Centrosaurus apertus and brinkmani from Haolonggood though!  Same for Bistahieversor and Dryptosaurus!

Turkeysaurus

Casual buyers & beginner collectors would probably prefer famous dinosaurs over less famous. Also fans of famous dinosaurs usually have multiple versions of their favorite animals.

Bread

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 11, 2024, 01:59:39 AMCasual buyers & beginner collectors would probably prefer famous dinosaurs over less famous. Also fans of famous dinosaurs usually have multiple versions of their favorite animals.
I've noticed Haolonggood definitely fulfills the area of requests and not so commonly made, or even species that have yet to receive a figure.

With that being said, and judging by their releases as of lately, they're doing well in sales despite not releasing famous genuses.

Edit: Also, if you look at their popular Aliexpress sellers of their modles, even their initial releases are reduced to either "almost gone" or even "out of stock" so this is a good sign for non-famous species.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'd honestly love an HLG Anky personally as pnso's just doesn't quite do it for me. I'd absolutely love Pinacosaurus, Tarchia, Aletopelta, and Sauropelta however. I cannot get enough different species of ankylosaurs lol

GojiraGuy1954

Need an anky with good osteoderm arrangements
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

oscars_dinos

I guess I'll be that guy... not the biggest fan of these, I feel like its arms a little too thick and that the the paint and detail are a lil sloppy compared to HLG's other recent figures, saw some people liking the eye but I feel its going back to the cartoony look. I don't mean to be a party pooper just saying how I personally feel.

will say tho I'm more than willing to be proven wrong when we get some in hand photos

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 11, 2024, 04:55:01 PMI guess I'll be that guy... not the biggest fan of these, I feel like its arms a little too thick and that the the paint and detail are a lil sloppy compared to HLG's other recent figures, saw some people liking the eye but I feel its going back to the cartoony look. I don't mean to be a party pooper just saying how I personally feel.

will say tho I'm more than willing to be proven wrong when we get some in hand photos

I was thinking a bit along the same lines when I saw the eyes. But honestly one cannot really see the color and exact shape of the eyes from these low quality promotional pictures. I kind of had the impression that they were orange to yellow, which would be good. We indeed really need to see in hand pictures in natural light. The arms seem OK for me, these ankylosaurs probably had quite bulky arms, which you also see on the PNSO Ankylosaurus and Zuul.

Turkeysaurus

What do you guys think about it's accuracy?

PoptartDoodle

When it comes to the caputegulum, I believe I can see the prefrontal, anterior supraorbital, posterior supraorbital, and some postoccular. I don't see the supranarial, loreal, and lacrimal caputegulum. It looks like they recreated the shape of the premaxilla quite well.

thomasw100

Here are two reference images for comparison. We need however high-resolution images of the head of the model to properly see what is there. In the first figure, (A) is Saichania and (B) is Tarchia. In the second figure, (D) and (E) are Saichania. Pictures are from Arbour et al. (2014): The ankylosaurid dinosaurs of the Upper Cretaceous Baruungoyot and Nemegt formations of Mongolia.

thebermuda303

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 11, 2024, 06:29:13 PMHere are two reference images for comparison. We need however high-resolution images of the head of the model to properly see what is there. In the first figure, (A) is Saichania and (B) is Tarchia. In the second figure, (D) and (E) are Saichania. Pictures are from Arbour et al. (2014): The ankylosaurid dinosaurs of the Upper Cretaceous Baruungoyot and Nemegt formations of Mongolia.

B is actually a minotaurosaurus skull

thebermuda303

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 11, 2024, 05:38:05 PMWhat do you guys think about it's accuracy?

It's quite good, skull seems to be pretty much spot on to the real deal, it has the correct beak shape so that's a big plus. Unfortunately neck osteoderms are fully exposed when only it's spikes should be protruding through the skin. Another issue I see is that the big posterior back osteoderms are placed at the base of the tail, where they should be placed on its hips. Once my figurine arrives I'll do a more thorough accuracy check.

oscars_dinos

I know I'm late, but since were talking about accuracy and I dint see much convo about it, how's HLGs Gastonia in terms of accuracy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: