News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Quiversaurus on June 29, 2024, 12:42:22 PMFinally watched DinosDragons' review. It's cemented my decision to get the green version, cause in this review, somehow, it looks more blue-green than green-green, as I thought before.

Are you talking about Classic or Blue variant? I think only Fruit variant has mix of green-blue, teal color on half of its skin.

Dusty Wren

Happy Hen Toys just got the Mamenchisaurus, Euoplocephalus, Chasmosaurus, and Edmontosaurus in stock, if anyone (besides me) was waiting to order from them. I was hoping they'd get the Maiasaura in at the same time, but it looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for that one.
Check out my customs thread!

Pinbacker

https://youtu.be/h852pdvNmoc?si=T16NM4W-wLJgoeEy

First review for Diabloceratops

thomasw100

Quote from: Pinbacker on June 29, 2024, 10:25:21 PMhttps://youtu.be/h852pdvNmoc?si=T16NM4W-wLJgoeEy

I do not understand from where he takes his sizes estimates leading him to conclude that the model would be way too small. From what I read, the skull has been found in a rather complete state, but not much of the post-cranial skeleton. That has been filled in from Xenoceratops and Centrosaurus. The length estimates in the skeletal shown below range up to 4.5 meters, which would make the 12 cm sized Haolonggood model pretty much spot on 1:35 scale.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 29, 2024, 11:33:07 PM
Quote from: Pinbacker on June 29, 2024, 10:25:21 PMhttps://youtu.be/h852pdvNmoc?si=T16NM4W-wLJgoeEy

I do not understand from where he takes his sizes estimates leading him to conclude that the model would be way too small. From what I read, the skull has been found in a rather complete state, but not much of the post-cranial skeleton. That has been filled in from Xenoceratops and Centrosaurus. The length estimates in the skeletal shown below range up to 4.5 meters, which would make the 12 cm sized Haolonggood model pretty much spot on 1:35 scale.

Yes, the more complete specimen should be preferred for scale, in which case you could argue the figure is actually too large. We don't know how the horns changed with larger size.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Flaffy

Was hoping to see a comparison with the PNSO Machairoceratops.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my green Stego from Lana today, very nice all around, detail, size, ect.. quite happy with it. 

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2024, 07:20:35 AMReceived my green Stego from Lana today, very nice all around, detail, size, ect.. quite happy with it. 

Let me guess: That poor woman is trying to keep up with your budget and man telling you you stop  buying new stuff already and convince you to seek help for addicton.  ;D

This is one of the best pics of the toy btw. This is how i imagine my stegosaurus going through at customs right now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 30, 2024, 12:04:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2024, 07:20:35 AMReceived my green Stego from Lana today, very nice all around, detail, size, ect.. quite happy with it. 

Let me guess: That poor woman is trying to keep up with your budget and man telling you you stop  buying new stuff already and convince you to seek help for addicton.  ;D

This is one of the best pics of the toy btw. This is how i imagine my stegosaurus going through at customs right now.

No such help for me lol  The good news is I rarely buy without selling enough to do it, so things leave so other things take their place. :)  I can't imagine if I kept everything I've ever bought.

lol it sorta feels that way..gonna need a lot more customs agents to handle a package this size though!  ;D

I just got these figures delivered yesterday, the people came from the Tyrannosaurus research set.  They work pretty great with any dino though.

Sim

I would just like to say I'm grateful Haolonggood corrected the position of the tail spikes on the Stegosaurus, it really does make the figure better!

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Sim on June 30, 2024, 08:02:56 PMI would just like to say I'm grateful Haolonggood corrected the position of the tail spikes on the Stegosaurus, it really does make the figure better!

Were they vertical?!

Sim

No, they were placed too ahead of the tail tip.

Turkeysaurus

thomasw100

Diabloceratops review video by Dinos Dragons. Including a useful discussion about general frill morphology of ceratoposians.

Pinbacker

Quote from: thomasw100 on Today at 04:38:47 AMDiabloceratops review video by Dinos Dragons. Including a useful discussion about general frill morphology of ceratoposians.

Absolutely beautiful models. I love the coloration on both versions.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.