News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 17, 2024, 07:37:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 17, 2024, 06:43:58 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 17, 2024, 04:43:22 PMWhere did these images come from?? Did they get rid of the squiggly lines on the purple one? I'd be so happy if that's the case!

Edit: oops, I see they're from Paleofiguras now. In hand photos, could it be true??

Sure looks like it. Maybe someone involved in development?

Is that BIG one HLG too?

I wonder if it's one of those things that would vary by copy. I would find it very odd if the official promo images included the extra markings only for them to be absent on the final product sent.
Again, I'd be delighted if this were the case as those extra markings strike me as superfluous and disruptive but only time will tell I guess. For now, I wait with bated breath for more in-hand copies to start showing up and for my own to arrive.

Regarding the other big sauropod, I don't recognize it but I'd be surprised if that was an official HLG release seeing as we've seen no teases or really anything for upcoming big sauropods outside the outline tease.

That outline is what made me think of it. It looks like the largest one shown there?

thomasw100

There seems to be some difference in the paint scheme between the pictures that show the blue variant and also the brown to purple one. In some pictures the web like pattern on the sides of the trunk have disappeared. Maybe a partial repaint?

bmathison1972

wow it really looks big next to PNSO, huh?

Wally-217

Quote from: Carnoking on January 17, 2024, 04:43:22 PMWhere did these images come from?? Did they get rid of the squiggly lines on the purple one? I'd be so happy if that's the case!

Edit: oops, I see they're from Paleofiguras now. In hand photos, could it be true??

Is that BIG one HLG too?

The pronounced dip in the tail I've seen in a few Dino and Dog models, very similar style to their Dreadnaughtus and Argentinosaurus, though the osteoderms don't quite seem to match. Definitely looks like a model kit/3D print though.
*Edit: Checked the comments on the facebook post and they said it was a 3D printed dreadnaughtus.

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 17, 2024, 07:46:42 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 17, 2024, 07:37:21 PM

Is that BIG one HLG too?

I wonder if it's one of those things that would vary by copy. I would find it very odd if the official promo images included the extra markings only for them to be absent on the final product sent.
Again, I'd be delighted if this were the case as those extra markings strike me as superfluous and disruptive but only time will tell I guess. For now, I wait with bated breath for more in-hand copies to start showing up and for my own to arrive.

Regarding the other big sauropod, I don't recognize it but I'd be surprised if that was an official HLG release seeing as we've seen no teases or really anything for upcoming big sauropods outside the outline tease.

That outline is what made me think of it. It looks like the largest one shown there?

But the largest one shown in that teaser (which presumably is an Argentinosaurus) has the mouth open and the position of the hands and feet looks different.

Flaffy

The variants(?) without squiggles looks so much better. Cleaner simpler presentation, less is more sometimes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has now started to get in contact about shipping costs for the Alamosaurus. So the large beast will be shipped very soon. For Germany, shipping costs will be 48 USD. This brings the total cost for this large model to 137 USD including shipping.

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on January 17, 2024, 11:42:23 PMThe variants(?) without squiggles looks so much better. Cleaner simpler presentation, less is more sometimes.

This was exactly my thought. I hope that Haolonggood will take inspiration from these comments for future releases.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 18, 2024, 05:47:51 AMLana Time Shop has now started to get in contact about shipping costs for the Alamosaurus. So the large beast will be shipped very soon. For Germany, shipping costs will be 48 USD. This brings the total cost for this large model to 137 USD including shipping.

Was that EMS, Airmail or Boat?

dragon53

I just got this email from Lana Time for shipping to the US:

"We are pleased to inform you that the production of the HAOLONGGOOD 1:35 Scale Alamosaurus Model has been completed. You can now proceed with the payment for shipping to initiate the shipment.
We offer the following shipping options with corresponding fees:

Sea shipping: The shipping cost is $31. The shipping time is longer, tracking information is expected to be updated in late February, with delivery by early March. This option is cost-effective, but please consider the longer time frame. If you have the patience, we recommend choosing sea shipping.

Air Shipping: The shipping cost is $80. Tracking information will be updated within the next week, and the model is expected to arrive in the United States and be delivered in early February. This option provides faster delivery but at a higher cost."

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 18, 2024, 05:47:51 AMLana Time Shop has now started to get in contact about shipping costs for the Alamosaurus. So the large beast will be shipped very soon. For Germany, shipping costs will be 48 USD. This brings the total cost for this large model to 137 USD including shipping.

I also received their mail a few minutes ago. For Mexico, the Alamosaurus shipping cost is 36 USD (sea shipping) and will receive it by early April.
EMS shipping was too high (103 USD) and I'm not that impatient. From on hand photos, it seems it will surely worth the wait!   :))

thomasw100

I checked back on the Facebook post of Paleofigures that showed the in hand photos of the Alamosaurus. In the comments someone also raised the point that on some copies of the model the web textured wiggly lines on the side of the torso are present and that on others they are not present. That person then posed the same question that I had asked myself if the version without these lines was a partial repaint. The answer from Paelofiguras to that was: That´s right. Theses are different figures. What is the problem this Paleofiguras guy has with giving a proper answer to that question? Rather he gave a non answer. What is the point with all this secrecy around these first in hand pictures of this model? I am not getting this. People would really like to know what they can expect to receive in the end.

vampiredesign

I'm here, I've been too busy lately. We're about to take a vacation, but we've prepared a lot of new products. (vacation:2014.1.25-2014.2.28)

The larger one above is not ours, it is a collection of other players.   edmontosaurus:Actually, we already made 1.0 a long time ago,I'm not satisfied, so I didn't publish it,Currently, it is 2.0。The paint scheme is still being designed.After the holiday, there will be better works to bring to everyone. Thank you very much for your support.
Questions about other brands of the same species:This cannot be avoided, and there may be more similar species appearing in the future.We can only strive to produce our own products well and strive to control better costs to provide satisfactory products to everyone.
Over the past year, we have summarized more experience and information. It is very important to us and we are very grateful for the information you have provided. We will strive to do better in the future products.

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2024, 05:54:04 AM

Was that EMS, Airmail or Boat?

I have asked them now and they specified that this would be EMS.

ceratopsian

Enjoy your vacation V @vampiredesign. You have earned a holiday, now that the  Alamosaurus is finished and ready to ship.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 18, 2024, 09:35:48 AMEnjoy your vacation V @vampiredesign. You have earned a holiday, now that the  Alamosaurus is finished and ready to ship.

Indeed, wishing you and your team a good, well-deserved break, V @vampiredesign ! Will wait to see what else you guys have in store. I'm sure the feedback and experience you've gained will take HLG to greater heights.

Halichoeres

Enjoy the holiday, we'll look forward to hearing from you when you return!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleo Flo

So that's might be the magnitude for a potential Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan release. For that genus I would take a break from hiatus...and I would pay for a proper 1:35 scale figur.

Meanwhile I git the blue Edmontonia...what a fab little figure! Love it.
The orange Apatosaurus is on his way to me...I could not resist to update this iconic genus. My youngest figures of that genus are the invicta ones, which hold a special place in my heart  ^-^
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Yes, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo , the classic Invicta goes a long way back, but is still a worthy retro foundation upon which to build. I still treasure mine, though the HLG sure does take the prize of place these days.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: