News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo Flo

Quote from: SidB on January 18, 2024, 01:02:57 PMYes, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo , the classic Invicta goes a long way back, but is still a worthy retro foundation upon which to build. I still treasure mine, though the HLG sure does take the prize of place these days.

I'm looking forward to the Apato's arrival. It would be quite nice to compare it face to face with my two Invictas.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 18, 2024, 09:25:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2024, 05:54:04 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on January 18, 2024, 05:47:51 AMLana Time Shop has now started to get in contact about shipping costs for the Alamosaurus. So the large beast will be shipped very soon. For Germany, shipping costs will be 48 USD. This brings the total cost for this large model to 137 USD including shipping.

Was that EMS, Airmail or Boat?

I have asked them now and they specified that this would be EMS.

Received my email today, 35 for sea shipping comes in around late March or EMS which is next month for 80.00  That seems pretty standard across the board now.   Not sure which I'll do it's about 50.00 more. Not that I'm in a big hurry but I don't like things in shipping for months.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on January 18, 2024, 09:09:55 AMI'm here, I've been too busy lately. We're about to take a vacation, but we've prepared a lot of new products. (vacation:2014.1.25-2014.2.28)

The larger one above is not ours, it is a collection of other players.  edmontosaurus:Actually, we already made 1.0 a long time ago,I'm not satisfied, so I didn't publish it,Currently, it is 2.0。The paint scheme is still being designed.After the holiday, there will be better works to bring to everyone. Thank you very much for your support.
Questions about other brands of the same species:This cannot be avoided, and there may be more similar species appearing in the future.We can only strive to produce our own products well and strive to control better costs to provide satisfactory products to everyone.
Over the past year, we have summarized more experience and information. It is very important to us and we are very grateful for the information you have provided. We will strive to do better in the future products.

Haolonggood has been an amazing success story during the past year. You have provided collectors and fans of dinosaur models with a great selection of species and this journey has now culminated in this wonderful Alamosaurus. As you continuously invite the community to give feedback and suggestions, here is what I would like to come up with:

1) Please keep interacting with the community as you have been doing and show us some of your prototypes. Collect and implement feedback on issues of scientific accuracy as long as this concern aspects of the reconstruction that are essentially well established in the paleontological science. There are cases where there is debate and even controversy in the scientific discussion. In such cases you will probably have to make your own choice based on what argument you find most convincing digging into the original publications rather than collecting opinions on social media like this one. People tend to be very opinionated about such controversial questions and arguments are often simplified in forum discussions compared to the scientific papers.

2) In cases where a species is known from a well known fossil that is exceptionally complete, I find it sensible and useful to base the reconstruction on this particular fossil specimen rather than coming up with some synthesis of features from many specimens. I would suggest to try this approach out. This results in full traceability of your reconstruction and your model. And even if newer (and possibly more complete or differently looking) fossils are found later, that particular model still has value in the future because it represents a given specimen.

3) I like how your sculpt detail and paint applications have matured over the last 12 months. The color schemes of some of the most recent releases, especially the Kosmoceratops and the Sinoceratops, are very natural and at the same time simpler and more classy than those of some earlier releases. The color palette is also in my view nicer now. Those models which do not have the wiggly (white) lines are just so much better than those that have these lines. I encourage you to continue on this path and adopt the approach that quite often less is more. This was repeatedly discussed here and on other social media. I believe that in the end if you look at a painted model and you can truly say it looks beautiful and the colors are in harmony then it is just right.

4) If technically possible, try to produce models in one piece as you have been doing with the Alamosaurus and many other models. I very much appreciate that this giant is not assembled from various pieces with seamlines being visible. If it cannot be avoided that a model is produced as two or more parts, please make the extra effort to apply some covering material so that seamlines are concealed as good as possible. This was masterfully done for the Apatosaurus, where the seamlines between tail and main body and neck and main body are hidden in a very clever way by making them run parallel to the wrinkles in the skin texture. I have seen on social media that some people have complained that the Alamosaurus is not made in several detachable parts like the Rebor Diplodocus. These people obviously are concerned about the shipping costs. But in my view it is absurd to compromise the quality and beauty of the model just for the sake of saving a bit on shipping costs. In my honest opinion the Alamosaurus even with the shipping costs is a very good deal and actually a bargain. We need to compare the price of this huge model with the price of similarly sized resin models.

ceratopsian

I agree completely with T @thomasw100 about the importance of keeping large sauropods as single-piece models rather than shipping them with separate self-assembly necks and tails. I would much rather pay a higher shipping cost than have a factory-produced model arrive in sections.

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 18, 2024, 05:44:04 PMI agree completely with T @thomasw100 about the importance of keeping large sauropods as single-piece models rather than shipping them with separate self-assembly necks and tails. I would much rather pay a higher shipping cost than have a factory-produced model arrive in sections.

Thank you for the support. This was the very reason why I did not purchase the Rebor Diplodocus. This hurts, because it is the one major sauropod species that I am missing from the Morrison Formation. But maybe Haolonggood will come up with a 1:35 Diplodocus in the future.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2024, 03:15:44 PMNot that I'm in a big hurry but I don't like things in shipping for months.
Yeah I recommend if anyone can or is willing to spend the extra $50 on shipping by EMS, do it.

I've heard some horrible experiences by going the cheaper route for shipping. Mostly leading to full on projects being lost and never recovered. I apologize if this strikes a little fear or uncertainty, but it's what I've heard and experienced myself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on January 18, 2024, 07:04:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 18, 2024, 03:15:44 PMNot that I'm in a big hurry but I don't like things in shipping for months.
Yeah I recommend if anyone can or is willing to spend the extra $50 on shipping by EMS, do it.

I've heard some horrible experiences by going the cheaper route for shipping. Mostly leading to full on projects being lost and never recovered. I apologize if this strikes a little fear or uncertainty, but it's what I've heard and experienced myself.

I did get a 1:15 Giganotosaurus resin statue shipped via sea from Lana, they just had no other way to ship it apparently. Too big for EMS. Thankfully it took about a month but arrived perfectly but it had layers of packing on it.  That said it's not something I'd do a lot of because as you said I have had some bad experiences.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 18, 2024, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 18, 2024, 05:44:04 PMI agree completely with T @thomasw100 about the importance of keeping large sauropods as single-piece models rather than shipping them with separate self-assembly necks and tails. I would much rather pay a higher shipping cost than have a factory-produced model arrive in sections.

Thank you for the support. This was the very reason why I did not purchase the Rebor Diplodocus. This hurts, because it is the one major sauropod species that I am missing from the Morrison Formation. But maybe Haolonggood will come up with a 1:35 Diplodocus in the future.

I didn't have any issues with the Rebor Diplodocus being in sections. I just hope the material is stable.

dragon53

Has anyone had a good experience with sea shipping?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 19, 2024, 05:25:05 AMHas anyone had a good experience with sea shipping?

As I posted above I've had a few things sent by Sea or SAL that came, some in better shape than others. I used to prefer standard airmail, sort of a middle ground between Sal and EMS but it doesn't seem to be much of an option anymore?

Carnoking

My Nanmu DS Mosa came by sea. Took about a month to arrive once shipped but it arrived without issue.

Carnoking

Paleofiguras shared another batch of photos of the purple variant, this one sporting the stripes along the torso. Honestly don't know what to believe anymore, but I will say they don't feel as distractingly applied on the final model.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on January 19, 2024, 11:07:42 AM

Paleofiguras shared another batch of photos of the purple variant, this one sporting the stripes along the torso. Honestly don't know what to believe anymore, but I will say they don't feel as distractingly applied on the final model.

I found anther comment on Paleofiguras Facebook page which states that it appears that some individual figures would have the web textured wiggly patterns on the side of the torso, but others would have them missing. This would happen randomly but more frequently for the brow-purple variant than for the blue-green variant. That comment also stated that the variant with the missing pattern would not be a partial repaint. It would indeed be very helpful if we would get some information from Haolonggood on this matter.

Carnoking

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 19, 2024, 11:48:29 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 19, 2024, 11:07:42 AM

I found anther comment on Paleofiguras Facebook page which states that it appears that some individual figures would have the web textured wiggly patterns on the side of the torso, but others would have them missing. This would happen randomly but more frequently for the brow-purple variant than for the blue-green variant. That comment also stated that the variant with the missing pattern would not be a partial repaint. It would indeed be very helpful if we would get some information from Haolonggood on this matter.

I abhor the notion of not knowing what to expect when I order a figure. Changes in quality from the paint master are one thing but added or absent color details are a totally different story. Obviously when I placed my order I made peace with the idea of having the extra markings despite considering them superfluous but if it is indeed the case that some models have it and some don't, I have to ask why.

ceratopsian

Perhaps the solution, T @thomasw100, would be to ask your supplier to check for your preferred version before he sends you the model?

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on January 19, 2024, 05:25:05 AMHas anyone had a good experience with sea shipping?

I use surface shipping from Japan all the time. Probably had three dozen shipments in the past 5 years, all without issue. The Japan stuff shows up in better condition than stuff sent within the US!

I track my stuff relentlessly, and in my experience, shipping from Japan is a very predictable timetable. Once the order has shipped from the retailer, the parcel usually takes 3 to 5 days to get through out-going customs and onto a ship, 8 weeks in transit, and then taking another 3 to 5 days to go from in-coming customs accepting and processing the parcel to my door.

I've saved literally $100's over the years. I do wish they'd accept larger parcels though, but perhaps they can't guarantee safe travel for larger parcels.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on January 19, 2024, 12:01:47 PMI abhor the notion of not knowing what to expect when I order a figure. Changes in quality from the paint master are one thing but added or absent color details are a totally different story. Obviously when I placed my order I made peace with the idea of having the extra markings despite considering them superfluous but if it is indeed the case that some models have it and some don't, I have to ask why.

I will copy below the conversation from the Paleofiguras Facebook page that addresses this point:

Chuck Macklin
Thanks for taking the time and posting these great in-hand pics! I wrote on some of the individual pics and asked about the squiggly lines that are on some of the torso's sides, but missing on others. Did you paint over them or are they different figures? I know some people don't like them, but I kind of like them. They make this figure's paint job unique! Thanks again!

Paleofiguras
Chuck Macklin That's right, they are different figures.

Chuck Macklin
Paleofiguras So the blue and purple come with and without those squiggly lines on their sides or did you paint one set of them? I'm hoping they come with those curly lines! If not, they're still nice, just not as unique.

Paleofiguras
Chuck Macklin There is no repainting there, apparently it is something that happens more often with all the red variants and randomly with the blue one.

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 19, 2024, 12:05:24 PMPerhaps the solution, T @thomasw100, would be to ask your supplier to check for your preferred version before he sends you the model?

Hi there, I am personally out of this game, as I have ordered the plain variant C just because I did not like the squiggly lines. Otherwise I would have been fine with the brown-purple variant. So I went for what I felt was the safe bet for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 19, 2024, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 19, 2024, 12:01:47 PMI abhor the notion of not knowing what to expect when I order a figure. Changes in quality from the paint master are one thing but added or absent color details are a totally different story. Obviously when I placed my order I made peace with the idea of having the extra markings despite considering them superfluous but if it is indeed the case that some models have it and some don't, I have to ask why.

I will copy below the conversation from the Paleofiguras Facebook page that addresses this point:

Chuck Macklin
Thanks for taking the time and posting these great in-hand pics! I wrote on some of the individual pics and asked about the squiggly lines that are on some of the torso's sides, but missing on others. Did you paint over them or are they different figures? I know some people don't like them, but I kind of like them. They make this figure's paint job unique! Thanks again!

Paleofiguras
Chuck Macklin That's right, they are different figures.

Chuck Macklin
Paleofiguras So the blue and purple come with and without those squiggly lines on their sides or did you paint one set of them? I'm hoping they come with those curly lines! If not, they're still nice, just not as unique.

Paleofiguras
Chuck Macklin There is no repainting there, apparently it is something that happens more often with all the red variants and randomly with the blue one.

that's kinda odd. i actually liked the markings and was hoping mine had them.

dragon53

Amazon dealer Wanyha has the Alamosaurus for $179.99 with delivery by January 31--Febuary 14.

LINK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSDYC1CR?ref=myi_title_dp&th=1

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: