News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D  Thank You avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! It was about time for better pics.

( How I dislike the negative comments only based on bad early pics ::) )

Flaffy

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks again for the pics in different lighting! The paint scheme definitely has more depth to it than promo pics initially suggested.

Side note, impressive cactus collection in the background :o

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy!  I have two greenhouses with cacti (modest-sized greenhouses, not enormous).  The plants will look stunning in that greenhouse later in the season once the flowers start coming out.

Quote from: Flaffy on April 30, 2024, 05:01:44 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks again for the pics in different lighting! The paint scheme definitely has more depth to it than promo pics initially suggested.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 30, 2024, 02:59:44 PM:D  Thank You avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! It was about time for better pics.

( How I dislike the negative comments only based on bad early pics ::) )

I agree that it is a problem that premature negative statements are flooding this forum and other social media just based on promotional images and pictures taken with unnatural illumination. On the other hand, the reviews from Andy and DinosDragons both agree that the gray version has a better paint application than the orange one. But hey people are now expecting a perfect paint application almost at the level of what a paleoartist would be able to do but for a figure that costs 16 USD. If one wants a paint application that is at the level of a paleoartist, then one just has to send the figures to a paleoartist for a repaint and this will cost much more than what the figure costs. I have actually done this with the Haolongood Pachyrhinosaurus.

Carnoking

What you're getting from HAOLONGGOOD is absolutely unmatched for the price, but it is interesting seeing this figure compared with the other ankylosaurs, in particular the Tianzhenosaurus. The Euoplocephalus seems to suffer from a starkly simplistic if still effective paint job in comparison.

Flaffy

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 30, 2024, 05:06:46 PMThanks avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy!  I have two greenhouses with cacti (modest-sized greenhouses, not enormous).  The plants will look stunning in that greenhouse later in the season once the flowers start coming out.

Quote from: Flaffy on April 30, 2024, 05:01:44 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks again for the pics in different lighting! The paint scheme definitely has more depth to it than promo pics initially suggested.

Quite envious! I only have a small collection of cacti and succulents at the moment, was hoping to get something cool like an Ariocarpus eventually but prices are so high on those especially for established specimens :o

Quote from: Carnoking on April 30, 2024, 05:45:20 PMWhat you're getting from HAOLONGGOOD is absolutely unmatched for the price, but it is interesting seeing this figure compared with the other ankylosaurs, in particular the Tianzhenosaurus. The Euoplocephalus seems to suffer from a starkly simplistic if still effective paint job in comparison.

I agree that the paintjob on HLG's Tianzhenosaurus is something to marvel at. I rank it among the best painted ankylosaur figures alongside the deluxe version of Vitae's Jinyunpelta.

Image credit: avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

Sim

In case anyone was referring to my opinion of the paint scheme of the Haolonggood Scolosaurus, I actually do have the figure and am disappointed by its paintjob.  It's still a good figure, but it's paintjob isn't great in my opinion.  The Haolonggood Tianzhenosaurus and Edmontonia, and all of Haolonggood's other figures actually, have a better paintjob.

thomasw100

Question: Did anyone who ordered the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus from Lana Time Shop get a shipping notice? They state on their website that the Mamenchi would ship by the end of April and usually Lana is pretty much spot on with their estimated shipping dates.

ceratopsian

I would agree that the paint scheme of the Tianzhenosaurus was superb.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: thomasw100 on April 30, 2024, 06:52:16 PMQuestion: Did anyone who ordered the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus from Lana Time Shop get a shipping notice? They state on their website that the Mamenchi would ship by the end of April and usually Lana is pretty much spot on with their estimated shipping dates.

I didn't got a shipping notice either. I mailed them yesterday but don't got an answer till now.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yes my status is still "unfulfilled" maybe taking a bit longer than planned?

Halichoeres

Thanks for those photos, ceratopsian. The light conditions really do affect it quite dramatically. I've found this to be the case with other figures that combine very light and very dark tones. The lighting on a digital/phone camera will tend to be affected by one at the expense of the other.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TlatolophusJuanorum

My Euplocephalus'/Scolosaurus pair arrived earlier this week, but I've been quite busy lately.
I took some pictures early on today in order to appreciate them a bit more.

Oh, here they come some of them spikey friends, the HLGs Edmontonia's couple. They are one of their best thyreophorans along with their Tianzhenosaurus and Dacentrurus.

Time to explore the world, along with HLGs Chasmosaurus couple.

Oh, so the giants of Dinosaur Park formation have appeared: PNSOs Corythosaurus,Parasaurolophus and Lambeosaurus...say cheers!

Now, family reunion! Ankylosaurini gang
(got the Anky bebe in a PNSOs mini bundle from MTC)

now, the Ankylosauridae gang

SidB

Cool images of "the gang". Or should I call it "the club"?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: SidB on May 02, 2024, 02:02:45 AMCool images of "the gang". Or should I call it "the club"?
Haha nice one  :))
The fellowship of the Club and The Pike Sindicate

Paleo Flo

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on May 02, 2024, 02:17:50 AM
Quote from: SidB on May 02, 2024, 02:02:45 AMCool images of "the gang". Or should I call it "the club"?
Haha nice one  :))
The fellowship of the Club and The Pike Sindicate

How about Fight Club? ;-)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Carnoking

Before I get too swept up in the new 2024 releases, I gotta give some love to their recent Chasmosaurus! Picked this figure up during the last Aliexpress sale and boy oh boy, is it a delight!

Spoiler

It's so good that I might just have to get the orange variant too. For now, I'm just glad to finally have a decent ~1/35 scale offering of this long-awaited animal.

Case in point, the only figures I have to compare it with are the PNSO mini

And the big, BotM action figure. Crazy how this one hasn't gotten more attention, it's a namesake after all!

Speaking of namesakes, here it is with PNSO's Centrosaurus just for the heck of it. This is definitely a HLG release that stands on equal footing with PNSO!

[close]

HLG have given us quite the satisfactory stack of ceratopsians (with this Chasmo being their best so far in my book) and it seems there's plenty more to come. Bring it on, I say!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Green sure seems the way to go with this release ( it's where I went as well lol ) it's just so detailed as well.

Concavenator

So great to finally have a good Chasmosaurus on the market! And you can tell how much HLG has improved since their initial ceratopsid (Nasutoceratops). Looking forward to see their Diabloceratops and Styracosaurus.

oscars_dinos

Anddddddd just as I feared... The mamenchi isn't showing up on the amazon store... im hoping it's just a temporary thing but ugh, does anyone think it'll pop up back on their store? I noticed the Alamo is also out of stock

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: