News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2025 wishes and hopes

Started by Sim, January 14, 2024, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I've seen a high-quality image of the Papo Suchomimus on the Animal Toy Forum and I'm eager to acquire that figure!  It's also made me think about what I'd like the sculptor of the Suchomimus to make for Papo, which is as follows:

1. Herrerasaurus
2. Sinornithosaurus
3. Torvosaurus tanneri.  I have PNSO's and I like it, but its head has a strange expression...
4. Tuojiangosaurus
5. Neovenator
6. Ornitholestes
7. Mantellisaurus
8. Kelenken

SpartanSquat

I hope Mr Seo is back as main modeller. Also wanna see more herbivores from him like edmontosaurus, plateosaurus or kentrosaurus.
And why not rerelease retired dinos like pachyrhinosaurus.

Sim

Now that the Papo Suchomimus has been shown in physical form, I wonder if anyone else has hopes for what other species they'd like Papo to make? ;)

suspsy

They need to make a new Tyrannosaurus rex. One that reflects current science and is free from all JP influence. We all know full well it would be a guaranteed seller and it would help shed some of the poor reputation the company has suffered in recent years.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Prehistory Resurrection

I reiterate my hope for more prehistoric mammals from Papo. Their Cave Bear, Megaloceros, Woolly Whinoceros, 2011 Smilodon and Mammoth were stunning. Now a Megatherium would be nice. It would be a breath of fresh air from the usual dinosaurs. And I think it would be nice from Papo to release a limited scientifically accurate T-Rex just like they did with their 2019 Limited Edition Spinosaurus. I also reiterate my hope to see more figures from the sculptor of this year's stellar Suchomimus and less from the other one responsible for the ones like the Protoceratops.

Halichoeres

I started as a Papo collector (it didn't last long) but now I'm down to three in my collection, all of which are species that hardly anyone else makes: Chilesaurus, Compsognathus, and Tupuxuara. So if they make something that hardly anyone else bothers with, I'll probably buy it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I find it interesting Papo hasn't made any more limited edition figures, the Spinosaurus was labelled number 1 so it seemed like there was a plan to make more limited edition figures.

Pliosaurking

Seeing how good they handle crocodile like detail (Kaprosuchus) I say they should make more crocodilians. I too would love to see a Herrasaurus and a Torvosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

If they do a big torvosaurus like the sucho, I might actually buy it.

Concavenator

Alright, the Suchomimus has got me intrigued and I'm actually curious about what will their next releases be like. So I'm listing a few wishes:

1. Torvosaurus
2. Herrerasaurus
3. Kentrosaurus
4. Megatherium
5. Scutellosaurus

Just listing these few well-known animals. I precisely listed these as I think they are hard to screw up. For instance, I avoided listing any feathered dinosaur as I think those would be more prone to inaccuracies.

Needless to say, but I would only be interested if they really do a solid job as they've done with the Suchomimus. Otherwise, I wil pass. Admittedly, I thought I was done with them, but I might just be wrong!

Jorgesaurus

Tuojiangosaurus, miragaia or kentrosaurus, lambeosaurus, camarasaurus, carcharodontosaurus, deinocheurus and gallimimus.

Sim

When it comes to thyreophorans, Papo has only made one from each major group: Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Polacanthus.

The Stegosaurus looks like a highly detailed cartoon, it's not close to the real animal although to be fair it was one of Papo's first prehistoric figures.  It was also released almost 20 years ago!  How can Papo not make another stegosaurian in all that time?  I think it's time for a new stegosaurian from Papo, Papo has improved in detail and anatomy since their Stegosaurus.  Tuojiangosaurus or Kentrosaurus would be great choices.

Papo's Ankylosaurus has a fictional tail club which has both made-up osteoderms and the ability to bend into a scorpion pose.  The rest of its armour is based on Scolosaurus's, except for the head.  I guess it's got the Papo lifelike look, but I wonder if it would be good for Papo to make another ankylosaurid?  Saichania perhaps?

Papo's Polacanthus doesn't have redeeming qualities as far as I'm aware.  Nodosaurids have quite a bit of variety and I think a new one from Papo could be interesting.  Edmontonia rugosidens or Denversaurus are what I'd be most interested in!

I think Papo lacks a really good thyreophoran figure, so it would make sense for them to give attention to this group now and add something their line is missing.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Concavenator on February 02, 2024, 12:55:09 AM1. Asfaltovenator
2. Herrerasaurus
3. Kentrosaurus
4. Megatherium
5. Scutellosaurus

These are really cool! Specially kentro, megatherium and scutello. What I hope is mr seo do these. Other thing I would love is the rerelease of retired stuff like pachyrhinosaurus. One of my faves.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on February 09, 2024, 06:11:16 PMI think it's time for a new stegosaurian from Papo, Papo has improved in detail and anatomy since their Stegosaurus.  Tuojiangosaurus or Kentrosaurus would be great choices.

Agreed! Stegosaurs are my favourite species and if Papo makes a Kentrosaurus (if 1:35 scale, all the better) of the same quality as their Suchomimus, it would be an instant purchase for me.

Concavenator

Quote from: Quiversaurus on February 12, 2024, 01:17:07 AMif Papo makes a Kentrosaurus (if 1:35 scale, all the better) of the same quality as their Suchomimus, it would be an instant purchase for me.

Same here! That would be ideal, I wouldn't have to get the bigger and more expensive (future) Creative Beast version then.

Sim

I'm thinking about possible species Papo could make in the future...  Remember that rumour that Schleich was going to make Sinosauropteryx?  Imagine if Papo makes it instead! :P  I could see them doing it and doing a good job at that.  As I've mentioned in a few places, I'm interested in a Sinosauropteryx with accurate colouration.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think Papo would benefit from making some new thyreophorans.  I particularly think Edmontonia would be a good choice.  Plateosaurus would also bring something new and good to their line!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.