News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

The artwork that comes with the new edition of the PNSO is actually quite nice, Paleofiguras has them all on FB. I wish some of these many stegosaurs would make it into a figure. I would like to see actually updates of the PNSO Miragaia and Tuojiangosaurus with the newer finer and more elaborate skin texture. The Tuojiangosaurus should also be a bit smaller.

Sim

I would love a new Tuojiangosaurus from PNSO!  Their current one is nice, but has room for improvement, specifically in the body posture and plate shape and number.  Then there's also PNSO's new fine detail and making it smaller so it fits in 1:35 scale.  This all would result in a very different figure to PNSO's current Tuojiangosaurus.  I just don't know if they would make it, they haven't updated any of their numbered "Prehistoric animal models" figures unless they've produced a new museum line figure of the same species and I don't see them putting Tuojiangosaurus in the museum series..

I was impressed by the Kentrosaurus artwork, I would be happy if PNSO made it too, but not in a bipedal pose.

Lynx

What are the prices for all of the 2024 figures?? (in euros)
An oversized house cat.

Joel1905

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 14, 2024, 12:00:53 AMThe artwork that comes with the new edition of the PNSO is actually quite nice, Paleofiguras has them all on FB. I wish some of these many stegosaurs would make it into a figure. I would like to see actually updates of the PNSO Miragaia and Tuojiangosaurus with the newer finer and more elaborate skin texture. The Tuojiangosaurus should also be a bit smaller.

Well considering Miragaia has been declared invalid and absorbed into Dacentrutus, then the latter would be a perfect release!

Concavenator

Quote from: Joel1905 on July 14, 2024, 10:35:02 AMWell considering Miragaia has been declared invalid and absorbed into Dacentrutus, then the latter would be a perfect release!

If Miragaia = Dacentrurus, then that means PNSO has already made a Dacentrurus (their Miragaia).

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on July 14, 2024, 10:28:38 AMWhat are the prices for all of the 2024 figures?? (in euros)

First I'll enter what the prices are by their Amazon store here in the USA, in USD, then I'll convert it for ya!

Lufengosaurus $38.99 (€35.75)
Tyrannotitan $42.99 (€39.42)
Wuerhosaurus $34.99 (€32.08)
Edmontosaurus $49.99 (€45.83)

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on July 14, 2024, 05:44:30 PM
Quote from: Lynx on July 14, 2024, 10:28:38 AMWhat are the prices for all of the 2024 figures?? (in euros)

First I'll enter what the prices are by their Amazon store here in the USA, in USD, then I'll convert it for ya!

Baryonyx USD 42.99 (EUR 39.42) at Lana

TlatolophusJuanorum

If y'all are interested, through AliExpress app in the coins section appears Baryonyx with a 10% discount. And, if you add the 3 USD coupon for this current sale it ends up selling at roughly 30 USD.  8)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on July 14, 2024, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on July 14, 2024, 10:35:02 AMWell considering Miragaia has been declared invalid and absorbed into Dacentrutus, then the latter would be a perfect release!

If Miragaia = Dacentrurus, then that means PNSO has already made a Dacentrurus (their Miragaia).
But the size and proportions could be slightly different though. Dacentrurus was  longer, and so I assume,more larger than Miragaia, given the scale ups I seen.
And besides, you may not want another "Miragaia" but its still better than fragmentary theropods like our beloved Tyrannotitan 🤣

Interestingly, on the topic of Dacentrurus=miragaia, Wikipedia(which is pretty strict about dinosaur articles) does not accept this claim absolutely, and is taking a more "possibly" stance.

About the Baryonyx, I dont like it to be honest. The texture, colours, and pose all seem out of place to me.

Lynx

Appreciate it a ton!
An oversized house cat.

SRF

Quote from: Lynx on July 14, 2024, 07:27:35 PM

Appreciate it a ton!

Keep in mind that if you purchase figures from PNSO's stores on Amazon or AliExpress as a European, you still have to add up the VAT charges to these amounts.

Current prices for me (Dutch) on AliExpress are:

Baryonyx € 47,99
Lufengosaurus € 47,99
Tyrannotitan € 55,69
Wuerhosaurus € 42,59
Edmontosaurus € 64,69

Except for the Baryonyx, all these prices include a discount of 6% on the original price.

But today, I'm just being father

thomasw100

Quote from: SRF on July 14, 2024, 08:18:04 PMKeep in mind that if you purchase figures from PNSO's stores on Amazon or AliExpress as a European, you still have to add up the VAT charges to these amounts.

Current prices for me (Dutch) on AliExpress are:

Baryonyx € 47,99
Lufengosaurus € 47,99
Tyrannotitan € 55,69
Wuerhosaurus € 42,59
Edmontosaurus € 64,69

Except for the Baryonyx, all these prices include a discount of 6% on the original price.

Very interesting. When I order from Lana, I pay the exact price in USD as listed on the PNSO Amazon store and this it. No additional taxes or customs fees and no shipping costs.

Sim

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 14, 2024, 07:26:36 PMAbout the Baryonyx, I dont like it to be honest. The texture, colours, and pose all seem out of place to me.
It's fine not to like the Baryonyx, but I think there's nothing wrong with it.  Its skin texture probably was what we see on the PNSO figure.  What would you have preferred for it?  Its colouration is fitting for an animal that took prey on land too, which is supported by predatory behaviour of spinosaurids, including Baryonyx.  The pose is unusual, but also lifelike..

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on July 14, 2024, 10:21:42 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 14, 2024, 07:26:36 PMAbout the Baryonyx, I dont like it to be honest. The texture, colours, and pose all seem out of place to me.
It's fine not to like the Baryonyx, but I think there's nothing wrong with it.  Its skin texture probably was what we see on the PNSO figure.  What would you have preferred for it?  Its colouration is fitting for an animal that took prey on land too, which is supported by predatory behaviour of spinosaurids, including Baryonyx.  The pose is unusual, but also lifelike..

The only things I'd say could be improved accuracy wise are:
- more recurved claws
- addition of postorbital boss

Credit: @DanPalaeon1

Manospundylus gigas

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 14, 2024, 07:26:36 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on July 14, 2024, 04:09:09 PM

But the size and proportions could be slightly different though. Dacentrurus was  longer, and so I assume,more larger than Miragaia, given the scale ups I seen.
And besides, you may not want another "Miragaia" but its still better than fragmentary theropods like our beloved Tyrannotitan 🤣

Interestingly, on the topic of Dacentrurus=miragaia, Wikipedia(which is pretty strict about dinosaur articles) does not accept this claim absolutely, and is taking a more "possibly" stance.

About the Baryonyx, I dont like it to be honest. The texture, colours, and pose all seem out of place to me.

wikipedia is a s*ithole especially for paleo stuff, one of the least reliable sources out there, has no authority for anything, to accept or not accept papers conclusions, it is anything but strict. Only usable to track references and dois (when they have them right).

Stegotyranno420

I agree they are annoying, the editors snd moderators drive me nuts whenever I try to post my works there, but it is still a very neutral/conserved source by my experience.
Do you have any alternatives to Wikipedia in terms of paleo-articles. Basically something like wikipedia, but without the flaws you mention?

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on July 14, 2024, 10:36:44 PM

- more recurved claws

Credit: @DanPalaeon1

I would agree that the claws look a little too straight, although I'd rather wait for better pictures.
About the postorbital bosses found on Ceratosuchops, even Folkes used words like "could" and "probably" when posting about their possible presence on Baryonyx, so it's not a big deal to me.

Flaffy

Quote from: Mattyonyx on July 15, 2024, 11:12:20 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on July 14, 2024, 10:36:44 PM

- more recurved claws

I would agree that the claws look a little too straight, although I'd rather wait for better pictures.
About the postorbital bosses found on Ceratosuchops, even Folkes used words like "could" and "probably" when posting about their possible presence on Baryonyx, so it's not a big deal to me.

Yeah not strictly inaccuracies per se, just things that I feel could've elevated the figure to modern understandings of Baryonychines

Turkeysaurus

It's interesting first claw doesn't look significantly bigger or curved like pictures above.

Ludodactylus

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 15, 2024, 01:51:38 PMIt's interesting first claw doesn't look significantly bigger or curved like pictures above.

I kind of feel like the angles on the promo pictures aren't doing a great job overall this time around. I would want to see in-hand photos to make any judgments on the finished figure.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: