News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ITOY - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 16, 2024, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Dilophosaurus set

Otodus megalodon
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Bread

Hmmm... when will companies stop with Megalodon? There's so many more interesting prehistoric marine life.

This promo image seems quite nice, however, I still am on the fence about the final product. Usually IToy's color application dips to a subpar level resulting in a matte and dim look that's not so pleasant.

GojiraGuy1954

All of the megalodons that exist as toys are just bulkier great whites
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh it's meant to cash in on the fame generated by the films. One book is even called "Hell's Aquarium" as I recall. It's ok but I have two Megs in my collection and I'm good with them.

This Dilophosaurus set is scheduled for August or so.

ITOY MUSEUM COLLECTION 1/15 SCALE DILOPHOSAURUS FIGHTING MODEL

DefinitelyNOTDilo

In hand pictures just popped up on paleofiguras, not only does it look incredible but it's massive, and apparently only $75 on Lana, which imo is quite a nice price, I may have to finally get this. I've been wanting a good 1/35 megalodon for quite some time so this is definitely on my radar!

SenSx

Same here, and it has a very nice base !
Is it bigger than the PNSO ?

There is also the incoming ,W-Dragon one.
But I guess it will be more expansive though.

Prehistory Resurrection

The fighting Dilophosaurus pair reminds me of the old Carnegie pair;

I honestly think that there's no need for yet another JP inspired Dilophosaurus from I Toy.

The Megalodon looks nice. But it looked more shinier/ glossing in the promotional pictures than in the final product. Does it come with the base as in the promotional pictures?

Takama

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 24, 2024, 05:45:48 AM

In hand pictures just popped up on paleofiguras, not only does it look incredible but it's massive, and apparently only $75 on Lana, which imo is quite a nice price, I may have to finally get this. I've been wanting a good 1/35 megalodon for quite some time so this is definitely on my radar!

Thats a really big Fish

Bread

I'm shocked by the price and final product!

I honestly didn't expect to say "I'll be picking this up."

My first and only megalodon, too.

Carnoking

Megalodon looks good but it has me hoping they'll do a Livyatan to go with it  ;)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on January 24, 2024, 07:56:26 AMThe Megalodon looks nice. But it looked more shinier/ glossing in the promotional pictures than in the final product. Does it come with the base as in the promotional pictures?

Yes, it does.

Bread

More photos from Paleofigures on FB

I'm really liking this piece more and more. I'll probably make the decision to purchase it sometime next week.

I am certainly surprised by this piece.

The only drawback for anyone may be the realization of the shipping price. Went to check out and saw it was $76 to ship to USA. Not too bad but ouch. Still not bad for such a large model. About $150 is the total.

SenSx

Yes shipping price is as expansive as the piece itself even for Europe.
Still worth it, although I would have liked to compare it with the upcoming W-Dragon one.

Do we know if this figure is still accurate compare to the latest researches, that claimed Megalodon might have been smaller than we thought ?
(Especially for 1/35)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SenSx on January 24, 2024, 04:00:54 PMYes shipping price is as expansive as the piece itself even for Europe.
Still worth it, although I would have liked to compare it with the upcoming W-Dragon one.

Do we know if this figure is still accurate compare to the latest researches, that claimed Megalodon might have been smaller than we thought ?
(Especially for 1/35)

To be honest most experts are very skeptical of that paper, so I'd disregard it for now.

Faelrin

The Otodus megalodon is available to pre-order on BBTS for $120 (with $4 shipping as per usual). Expected in March.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/265558?o=4
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Carefull though, I wonder if the provided base is enough to hold the figure safely
He is using some other support base to help it.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SenSx on January 24, 2024, 08:22:36 PMCarefull though, I wonder if the provided base is enough to hold the figure safely

The stands are only there in one shot, and if I had to guess I'd say it's likely because another figure, possibly that whale, is pushing up on the tail of the megalodon and unbalancing it.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SenSx on January 24, 2024, 08:22:36 PMCarefull though, I wonder if the provided base is enough to hold the figure safely

Because the base is made of resin and the Megalodon is made of PVC, I guess it can be placed very safe between those two rocks. You'd just have to find the centre of mass.

He's only using the PNSO rods in one picture while not placing the Megalodon correctly because of space issues on that shelf.

JimoAi

I wonder if the shark works as a great white

Ivántirrophus

Which megalodon is bigger? Itoy's or Pnso first version?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: