News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich's future

Started by tyrantqueen, January 12, 2013, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Jetoar on April 29, 2016, 11:19:04 PM
Schleichs as other brands, will have customers because all customers are not "accuracies hunters" and depends on the style that you want, you will buy some figures or not.

Here in Germany Schleich will have customers because in many places they´re the only brand available, due to a ruthless, blackmailing marketing strategy. If people had a choice between, well let´s say, buying Schleich, Papo or Bullyland figures in one store, the Schleich shelves would remain stuffed with all their freaks of nature.

CityRaptor

I'm not sure about that. All those fake reviews aside, Schleich generally is regarded as standng for quality and has good publicity.  Basically a "villian with good publictiy". ( Although villain might be a too strong word ). So the uneducated public will buy their freaks over better figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 30, 2016, 10:52:38 AM
I'm not sure about that. All those fake reviews aside, Schleich generally is regarded as standng for quality and has good publicity.  Basically a "villian with good publictiy". ( Although villain might be a too strong word ). So the uneducated public will buy their freaks over better figures.

Those fake reviews are outrageous. They obviously show Schleich does have something to hide.

fason

yeah i think its something like familiarity ,because if  you have heard of them before your more likely to buy their toys rather than an unknown producer

Don B.

I grew up with the Marx dinosaurs and loved them in spite of their idiosycransies and inaccuracies. I hadn't paid much attention to dinosaur toys from, say 1960 or so until a couple of years ago when we were in Harrods in London. I saw some Schleich dinosaurs including one of the T-Rex models. My then 3 year old grandson was becoming very interested in Dinosaurs and I thought that they would be great for him. After I got back to Arizona, I began watching eBay auctions for the Schleich dinosaurs and ended up purchasing several for him at what were really pretty good prices. He loved them and still loves them. I have since become more aware of their inaccuracies but he really could care less. He is becoming very knowledgeable and shows no hesitancy in correcting his parents if they misidentify something. He now has a lot of Papo, Collecta, Safari, Carnegie, Favorite and Battat characters and has his favorites but they rarely represent scientific accuracy.

BTW, his mother says that the various Ankylosaurs are the most painful to step on.

sauroid

people buy Schleichs especially in big cities because they have no choice, Schleich is the only brand available.
speaking of those fake reviews, i think reps from Schleich are the ones providing those self-promotion disguising as "review". and if they are reviews from Youtube people, it is either they get paid by the brand (in the form of free figures or even cash) to make favorable reviews (i think the term for that is payola).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Schleich isn't all that bad. They are definitely in the list of top 10 mainstream dinosaur toy manufacturers.

MLMjp

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 01, 2016, 10:14:46 AM
Schleich isn't all that bad. They are definitely in the list of top 10 mainstream dinosaur toy manufacturers.

Because there´s  not a lot of mainstream dinosaur toy manufacturers. ::) ::)

Arul

Kep making a great figure, just like the dunkleosteus and ketrosaurus. Emm oh yeah one thing, keep making a beautiful diorama too :D

DC

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 29, 2016, 09:25:33 PM
Are you sure they are looking at collectors? According to their latest catalogue, their Dinosaurs are aimed at boys age 5 to 12....

Yes the current Sales manage in North America told me so.  Now Schleich has a lot of turnover so the window could be short.  Ages 5 - 12 are the target age groups for most figures companies including Schleich, that is the bulk of the sales in the figure market.  At the upper end, Middle school is the target age group for Games Workshop and Preschoolers are another target group for toys, Harbro, Mattel etc.  Teen - Adult collectors are a smaller group but spend more per person.  So Collectors are the customers for high value added play sets.  The collector market if low volume is higher profit per unit.  If you are in figure sales you see two long term trends, 1 fewer kids are being born in developed countries and 2 electronic games are continuing to cut into the traditional toys market for kids.  If you want to increase sales you have two choices take market share from a competitor or grow your market.  Hard to see Schleich getting bigger in the 5 - 12 market mainly they need to protect what they have, so the adult Collectors market has potential for new sales.   
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Takama

Im sorry but if there Relly into selling for Collectors then why must they do stupid crap like Makeing two new figures for there Small dinos line, and forceing us to buy them bundled with repaints of figures they alredy released the year before?

Why must they make us buy them like this with repaints of models they alredy released in other two packs

when they could of gave us this

Another thing that irks me is that WHY must they make us buy Larger sets that include Models they released on there own years ago just so we can obtain the small creatures that are rarly made

I already have the blasted Raptor from 2012 so why must they make us buy another one just to get those cute little compys?   Thats a species i wanted to see safari make, yet when Schleich makes them they force us to buy another model thats been out for a few years with it. 

And dont even get me started with there habit of making second models of species they already had in there Collection instead of giving us something NEW
http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/01/06/spinosaurus-2015world-of-history-by-schleich/

I can care less if there models are not accurate. but its **** like the above that really grinds my gears with this companey

Flaffy

It's a shame really, I really want the saichania, however I don't want to spend more money than I have to to get the new figure. WHY SCHLEICH WHY????? :'( :'( :'( :'(

SBell

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 03, 2016, 04:12:58 AM
It's a shame really, I really want the saichania, however I don't want to spend more money than I have to to get the new figure. WHY SCHLEICH WHY????? :'( :'( :'( :'(

Because they know that, in the end, collectors will spend the money to get the ones that they want--either to get them all, or to get what they want. Schleich won't care what you do with the extras, you already bought them.

DC

I think it very unlikely that Schleich will make figures only for collectors so you have to pick and choose.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CarnegieCollector

I betcha $10000000000 2017 will bring us a schleich dinosaur species they already made.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Brontozaurus

I went browsing for new dinosaurs yesterday. Found a few of the new Schleichs, but the prices are completely insane here. Nearly $40 for one of the sets of four minis!

Did they get a price increase everywhere or is it just Australia getting terrible luck with pricing again?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

CityRaptor

Yes, those prices are insane. They cost between 12 and 15 Euros here in Germany.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bucklander

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on May 27, 2016, 03:55:14 AM
I betcha $10000000000 2017 will bring us a schleich dinosaur species they already made.
I am considering taking you up on that bet, then contacting Schleich and offering to split my winnings with them (50/50) if they hold off releasing any figures of genera they've already made figures of in the past, until 2018.  ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.