News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich's future

Started by tyrantqueen, January 12, 2013, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteSlow and steady wins the race.

LOL, so said Jeb Bush...

Derek.McManus

In our house we just buy the ones we like and ignore the bad ones. Though it is nice to see improvement!

SBell

In reality--why worry about Schleich's future? There are far better companies--the aforementioned CollectA and Safari. Just buy those. Just because Schleich has a history doesn't mean it deserves out money because at one time the could make decent models. They've been riding that wave for a very long time.

Let Schleich do what they do--crowd and push competitors out of markets and make designs that appeal first to kids, second to parents and retailers, third if at all to collectors.

fason

Quote from: SBell on March 02, 2016, 05:44:55 PM
In reality--why worry about Schleich's future? There are far better companies--the aforementioned CollectA and Safari. Just buy those. Just because Schleich has a history doesn't mean it deserves out money because at one time the could make decent models. They've been riding that wave for a very long time.

Let Schleich do what they do--crowd and push competitors out of markets and make designs that appeal first to kids, second to parents and retailers, third if at all to collectors.

sorry im a newbie but i feel like putting in my two cents,

I would not want to just give up on a company  because their is no point  , because really the payoff could be worth it , if safari or collect a just gave up we would not have the good figures to collect today ,                                                                                                                                                                   POINT A.   if it wasnt for schleich we wouldnt have these companies as some one else said (because even though some companies were out first none were so aggresive to prompt detail in other figures , ............take what i say with a grain of salt as i said i am a newbie though)                                                                                                                                                    POINT B.   imagine if after all that criticism schleich started to improve  , all the brands on the market would have to leap in detail, accuracy and quality overall  because of how schleich brands and markets their models, thus bettering the entire market,
POINT C.  (even though  it is a bad comparison ) many countries went through this problem and when you simplify it it shows how it pays off afterall,
if america gave up on bettering their army because their was no point since at that time englands army was more numerous ,then england  would be in charge ,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  POINT D. if eventually people at schleich realise less and less people are buying their figures because more people are growing knowledgeable, then slowly (ever so slowly)the overall standard for figures would raise and they would eventually improve causing  more companies  to better themselves (reason in point b)
POINT E.as  again someone has said schleich is improving with the more figures they put out ever so slightly  but you would not expect a sudden jump . 

just my opinion

fason

just my opinion ,sorry about the format and english

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

@Fason--first, no need to apologize for your English, which is quite creditable. I think you have a good point that the different companies are driving each other to higher quality. I think Papo probably had the most to do with it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

fason

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 01, 2016, 01:39:53 AM
@Fason--first, no need to apologize for your English, which is quite creditable. I think you have a good point that the different companies are driving each other to higher quality. I think Papo probably had the most to do with it.

thanks and it is true papo did make  trouble when they appeared

Viking Spawn

Halichoeres

Now if only someone could exert some pressure for greater accuracy rather than just production quality.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

fason

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 01, 2016, 10:06:44 PM
Now if only someone could exert some pressure for greater accuracy rather than just production quality.

alas it seems that there is always a trade off ,  accuracy for detail  vice versa  because schleich can do scales pretty well imagine what their feathers would look like  (when done accurately)

profnik

how about

prehistoric mammals:

Woolly mammoth
Woolly mammoth calf

Woolly rhino
Woolly rhino calf

cave bear

smilodon
smilodon cub

irsih elk

giant sloth

cavemen sets like Neanderthals

dinosaurs:

apatosaurus (resupplied)
pteranodon
mosasaurus
estemmenosuchus

mini dino:
apatosaurus
carnotaurus
stegosaurus (repainted)
allosaurus
brachiosaurus
t-rex (repainted)
elasmosurus
Baraparasauru

little dino:
Apatosaurus & T-rex (repainted)
Velociraptor (repainted) & Stegosaurus

Also new

mini prehistoric:

playmat puzzle 1 dawn of time
dimetrodon
anomalocaris
dunkleostues
Herrerasaurus

playmat puzzle 2 is the ice age
woolly mammoth
woolly rhino
cave bear
smilodon

little prehistoric world
woolly mammoth & smilodon
giant sloth & woolly rhino

for the future ideas of schleich :D

Takama

Quote from: profnik on April 24, 2016, 02:05:01 AM
how about

prehistoric mammals:

Woolly mammoth
Woolly mammoth calf

Woolly rhino
Woolly rhino calf

cave bear

smilodon
smilodon cub

irsih elk

giant sloth

cavemen sets like Neanderthals

dinosaurs:

apatosaurus (resupplied)
pteranodon
mosasaurus
estemmenosuchus

mini dino:
apatosaurus
carnotaurus
stegosaurus (repainted)
allosaurus
brachiosaurus
t-rex (repainted)
elasmosurus
Baraparasauru

little dino:
Apatosaurus & T-rex (repainted)
Velociraptor (repainted) & Stegosaurus

Also new

mini prehistoric:

playmat puzzle 1 dawn of time
dimetrodon
anomalocaris
dunkleostues
Herrerasaurus

playmat puzzle 2 is the ice age
woolly mammoth
woolly rhino
cave bear
smilodon

little prehistoric world
woolly mammoth & smilodon
giant sloth & woolly rhino

for the future ideas of schleich :D

This is not the place to suggest models for them. This company does not give a crap about Collectors Unfortunately.

DC

I liked their prehistoric mammals.  The Wissent and przewalski horse are favorites in my collection. The new Volcano playset has some interesting new figures.  I thought their trees were great.
Putting out the same style figures in different styles reminds me of UKRD and it has an appeal.     

Note they are looking at the collector community currently. If you want to influence someone, telling them they are fat and ugly in my experience is not very effective. Even if true.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Are you sure they are looking at collectors? According to their latest catalogue, their Dinosaurs are aimed at boys age 5 to 12....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

I only want say a couple of things. Schleich is a big brand that doesnt find as customers only "accurates collectors". I think people have a serious problem with the accuracies. Schleichs as other brands, will have customers because all customers are not "accuracies hunters" and depends on the style that you want, you will buy some figures or not. I think we cant speak about the future of a brand only with their figures, overall only dinosaurs figures. This is my opinion  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

I like there World of History models.  I just hate it when the Make the same blasted species for the line that alredy has one.

Flaffy

I'm 12 and I still think that Schleich dinos are ugly, most of the time.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: