News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Zbrush Dinosaurs and 3D Prints

Started by Gorgonzola, March 11, 2013, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Thought I would post these right with Boki's cause we used either the same or similar poses, his in 1/40 and mine in 1/72 scale. As I am not as talented as Boki, Martin painted and based mine for me. Love the color choices of these.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

The colors and base are amazing-again, Martin has outdone himself!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Bokisaurus

Beautiful herd! Interesting to see the figures at different scale and paint, but same pose side-by-side. I hope to one day build up the herd by adding all the available poses :)

Gorgonzola

Bokisaurus and Amargasaurus, those build ups are beautiful!

The Nasutoceratops is done, more or less - there are two poses I want to adjust, but besides that there's nothing else left to be done on them except prep them for printing.  Still looking into making a larger scale model, but no news to report on that front yet.

Gorgonzola

Another quick, no art update (because I hate to leave people in the dark): I got stalled recently due to personal life getting busy and some jobs coming up that I had to take care of, so progress on getting a 1:15 Nasutoceratops ready was on pause.  But now I'm coming back at it! Currently splitting the model, but I'm going to get some quotes from the printer and whoever else I need to so I can form a solid idea on the cost of production, and figure out how much I'd need to charge for the model.  There will most likely be a pre-order to get the ball rolling once I have everything in place, but I'm going to talk with some more knowledgeable people so I have an idea of how the process for something like this moves along.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice. Thanks for keeping us updated !

Gorgonzola

Just finished splitting the model yesterday - figured out some new methods that made it a breeze to get detail back in without having to fix geometry everywhere. Which is great! It means I can do the same for the shape ways stuff and save myself some headaches (and time!)

For the sculptors here that do work with resin casting (Shane, David, et al) - how am I looking here? I think I'm safe for everywhere except the mouth, which I feel a little uneasy about.  Originally I wanted to cut a much larger chunk of it off to make it easier to mold, but Zbrush freaked out when I tried closing the geometry.  So I had to settle for cutting that much off the lower jaw (It was one of those times I'm reminded that 'this sort of thing doesn't happen in clay...')

No timetable yet with this thing, so don't expect it to show up anytime soon. I'm just getting done on my end what I can before I need to rope in other folk.

Jodee

Gorgonzola

Some fun I had after I finished some freelance work for the day... It's the rex model that was released through Dan's Dinosaurs, textured and rendered up nicely. Still don't really know how to do some effective compositing (it's a skill unto it's own) but I can at least do beauty shots decent enough.

pascosaur

chef d'œuvre!!
one of the best T Rex i ever saw... brilliant
I like the pose just a walking animal with its mouth closed hanging around...
I miss your work on Shapeways Mr Gorgonzola

Gorgonzola

Quote from: pascosaur on May 03, 2014, 05:48:23 PM
chef d'œuvre!!

I'm not gone from it! I've just been delayed because I've been looking into making my next resin piece, and since I want to put the same animal out on Shapeways as well I've put off the Shapeways release of it until I can put out the resin model.

Also not really sure what fellow I should tackle next after my Nasutoceratops, so that's kinda been delaying me a bit as well.

pascosaur

Iguanodon  Bernisastensis...
we're deseperatly in need of an Ignuanodon (1:40)
With your talent and skills it will be wonderfull

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gorgonzola on May 03, 2014, 05:59:13 PM
Quote from: pascosaur on May 03, 2014, 05:48:23 PM
chef d'œuvre!!

I'm not gone from it! I've just been delayed because I've been looking into making my next resin piece, and since I want to put the same animal out on Shapeways as well I've put off the Shapeways release of it until I can put out the resin model.

Also not really sure what fellow I should tackle next after my Nasutoceratops, so that's kinda been delaying me a bit as well.
How about a marine reptile...Pliosaurus kevani perhaps?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

darth daniel

It would be great to see some prosauropod like Plateosaurus, Lufengosaurus or Yunnanosaurus. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gorgonzola on May 03, 2014, 05:38:35 PM
Some fun I had after I finished some freelance work for the day... It's the rex model that was released through Dan's Dinosaurs, textured and rendered up nicely. Still don't really know how to do some effective compositing (it's a skill unto it's own) but I can at least do beauty shots decent enough.

Love it :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

That color and pattern are far out man ! lol

Dan

Far out, as in, reminiscent of a lava lamp? That's what the pattern reminds me of, anyway. Very cool work, Andrew.

Gorgonzola

Quote from: Dan on May 04, 2014, 02:32:11 AM
Far out, as in, reminiscent of a lava lamp? That's what the pattern reminds me of, anyway. Very cool work, Andrew.

I honestly hadn't even thought of that, but it certainly does evoke that doesn't it?

I actually started painting it while I was waiting to start a digital sculpting demo I was teaching this past week, and I liked where it was going enough that I finished it out.  I think the only guideline I had in my head at the time was "Not green or brown, cripes."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Exactly Dan ! lol

I think it's pretty cool..not something I've seen before. :)

mammoth

Absolutely inspiring every time you post new screenshots of your models Gorgonzola. 
The anatomy and sense of style that you put into each sculpt is always refreshing to see.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: