News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 17, 2013, 01:28:00 PM

I'll wait untill Decemeber to see if they hit the stores here in the Netherlands. If not, I will order them from Amazon!

If my patience can take that, I'll probably do the same. Most likely I'll get them online before that though. ::)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Roselaar on October 17, 2013, 09:25:00 PM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 17, 2013, 01:28:00 PM

I'll wait untill Decemeber to see if they hit the stores here in the Netherlands. If not, I will order them from Amazon!

If my patience can take that, I'll probably do the same. Most likely I'll get them online before that though. ::)

I have just ordered the Troodon...XD

DinoToyForum

Mauro "Raptor86"

I love the number and the range of the articulations  on these little models...Are you going to review also the Ultimate Gorgon?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 18, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
I love the number and the range of the articulations  on these little models...Are you going to review also the Ultimate Gorgon?

Not unless Vivid want to send me one for review ;). I only really bought the ones I did to review them, I wouldn't have otherwise, and the price tag on the big one is a bit too steep. Maybe someone who acquires it anyway would like to guest review it? :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I plan on picking one up..but I'm not sure when. I'm sure being a mass market item the price will come down during sales and such too...that said if it shows up on walmart's shelves  this December or TRU I'll have it sooner.. ;D

Nice review Adam. I know some really don't like the joints showing, but the poseability factor makes these more unique. Something sit on your desk and play with when you should be working for example.. ;)

I still think should one want to it would be easy to pose these guys they way you want and putty up the joints giving some nice models ..and you can make them in different positions..create a whole herd of em'.

Yutyrannus

I didn't want to get this originally, but now I might. Once I get it  I can just find the pose I like best an then put clay over the leg articulation points an paint it like the rest of the leg :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

It's a shame that the model doesn't live up to its stock photo:

The colours don't seem to be as vivid. And there is a big difference in detail, especially around the head. Oh well, I'm sure little kids would enjoy it (and they are the film's intended audience after all)

Yutyrannus

I agree, it is a shame. But I still like the figure, the main thing that bothers me is the articulations on the legs.

Roselaar

DinoToyForum

Balaur

Good review! Glad they don't actually talk. ;)

Balaur

I have just ordered two of the Blind Bags. It took me a few tries to find a place to order them from that actually let me. I ordered two just so I can increase my chances of getting an Alphadon. ;)

SpartanSquat

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on October 23, 2013, 01:41:56 PM
The TV spot of Gorgon toys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfe6mNLB6c

Reminds me of the old JP commercials a bit.  Really hope these toys make it to the U.S. .

Jetoar

Uooh I hope to see this figures in my country  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on October 23, 2013, 05:31:36 PM
Uooh I hope to see this figures in my country  ^-^.

Pah! You could do those on your own ;) :).

Sumo

The dinosaurs have come to Norway! :)) My local toy shop, The Shop That NEVER Has Anything Good, has had the plushy pach for at least a month, so yesterday I asked whether they would be getting the action figures in. And shazam, today they had them all! The one thing I didn't see was the blind bags, but they were still shelving them when I came by.

I only bought the midsize Gorgosaurus, Troodon, and the 3pack of Pachies.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 18, 2013, 06:56:18 PM
It's a shame that the model doesn't live up to its stock photo:

The colours don't seem to be as vivid.

Mine is definitely vividly colored - metallic turquoise stripes and drybrushing down the sides and thighs.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on October 20, 2013, 03:18:53 AM
I have just ordered two of the Blind Bags. It took me a few tries to find a place to order them from that actually let me. I ordered two just so I can increase my chances of getting an Alphadon. ;)
So it is possible to order them from the US, that is good news :).

Balaur

Well, I would be stupid if they never came.

To be honest, I tried to buy them before, but it was interrupted saying that they couldn't because I lived in the US. However, I finally bought them and I just recieved an Email saying they have been shipped. So, yes, it is possible.

Also, (unless someone else takes the spot first) I was thinking of maybe reviewing the figures for the blog? If that's okay?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: