News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Really liking the blind bag figures, especially the feathered ones! ;D  Might also have to get that Troodon action figure.

I sure hope these will be sold in the US, maybe after the movie premiers?

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 03, 2013, 05:34:26 PM
I sent a message to Vivid asking about U.S. distribution of the toys..simple question right ?  A yes or no. This what I received :

QuoteDear Chris,

Thank you for contacting our UK consumer services department.  Unfortunately we only hold information on products distributed in the UK and therefore on this occasion we are unable to help you.
Please contact us again if we can help with any UK products or services.

Regards

Consumer Services

If your the company making them..shouldn't you know where they are being distributed ? lol I know they found another company is Australia that will carry the toys, but I couldn't find any other region info yet.
You and anyone else here in the states who may want to get a hold of some of the WWD 3D toys may wish to know that they could be ordered from amazon.co.uk.When I followed the links to the toys' amazon listings on page 8 of this thread,I found that they will ship to the U.S. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

critcho

Could someone please tell me where the blind bags are being sold in the UK?

postsaurischian

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on October 05, 2013, 08:09:40 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 03, 2013, 05:34:26 PM
I sent a message to Vivid asking about U.S. distribution of the toys..simple question right ?  A yes or no. This what I received :

QuoteDear Chris,

Thank you for contacting our UK consumer services department.  Unfortunately we only hold information on products distributed in the UK and therefore on this occasion we are unable to help you.
Please contact us again if we can help with any UK products or services.

Regards

Consumer Services

If your the company making them..shouldn't you know where they are being distributed ? lol I know they found another company is Australia that will carry the toys, but I couldn't find any other region info yet.
You and anyone else here in the states who may want to get a hold of some of the WWD 3D toys may wish to know that they could be ordered from amazon.co.uk.When I followed the links to the toys' amazon listings on page 8 of this thread,I found that they will ship to the U.S. :)

Thanks for the heads up.  I really hope they're sold in the U.S. though..shipping fees aren't getting any cheaper. :/

SBell

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on September 24, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: leidy on September 14, 2013, 01:55:23 AM

The complete series 1:

What species is that mammal?

As I am not optimistic about any of these WwD toys hitting North American shores, anyone out there able to secure me an Alphadon I would be quite grateful. I can pay or trade (I have lots of 2013 stuff).

crankydinosaur

Quote from: SBell on October 06, 2013, 05:46:57 PM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on September 24, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: leidy on September 14, 2013, 01:55:23 AM

The complete series 1:

What species is that mammal?

As I am not optimistic about any of these WwD toys hitting North American shores, anyone out there able to secure me an Alphadon I would be quite grateful. I can pay or trade (I have lots of 2013 stuff).

How big is that mammal!

Mauro "Raptor86"

For the ones that already own these toys can you take pictures? I am interested in the talking troodon and the Ultimate Gorgon!

Thank you!

postsaurischian

Quote from: leidy on September 06, 2013, 08:29:54 PM

Yellow theropod up front is Hesperonychus.  Excellent detailing and paint.  Unfortunately it was missing some fingers on the left hand.  For all I know, maybe that's part the character in the film, but I'm guessing this one slipped passed quality control.

I just got a package with blindbags. I wanted the Troodon but I didn't get one :'(.
So, unfortunately my search isn't over yet.

My Hesperonychus is missing exactly the same fingers as yours :o ..... obviously not a coincidence!
But at least yours can stand. Mine has totally warped legs. I'm very disappointed since this was another figure I wanted. It would have been a really nice one, but is so cheaply produced.    Poor designer ....... throwing pearls before swine!

My figure of the adult Pachyrhinosaurus 'Bulldust' is also missing the left curved horn of the frill.
I can't see it clearly but it looks as if this was the same with yours. Oh man .... this you can call bad quality, I mean really bad quality!
I'm disappointed with this series.

It could have been so much better if they'd taken just a bit more care in the production process ....... as they did - now we're coming to the positives - with the Alexornis and the Alphadon. These are really cute figures :). Feathers and fur (!) are beautifully sculpted and the figures show no flaws. I also like the Edmontosaurus - krentzish pose and a bit of the look overall.

I have three doubles, in case someone is interested: Gorgosaurus (warped legs), Pachyrhinosaurus Juniper & Scowler.

postsaurischian

Sorry, double post :-[. My first in 3.5 years ;D.

Quote from: crankydinosaur on October 07, 2013, 01:23:29 AM
How big is that mammal!

The Alphadon is 7.5 cm (about 3 inches) long (measured in a straight line from tip of snout to tip of tail).

I think it is one of the best figures in the set :).

Balaur

I'm intrested in the Gorgosaurus, I really don't care for the warped legs. I at least want a model of one. :)

CityRaptor

I'm not sure if your Bulldust is defective. According to the official site, Bulldust is missing one of his curved horns: http://www.walkingwithdinosaurs.com/movie/characters/#/bulldust
Not sure if the image is flipped.

Also, if everything works as planned, i should get my first Blindbag on Friday.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

If these come to the states, I will certainly buy them.

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 09, 2013, 10:57:09 PM
I'm not sure if your Bulldust is defective. According to the official site, Bulldust is missing one of his curved horns: http://www.walkingwithdinosaurs.com/movie/characters/#/bulldust

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the info.

Mauro "Raptor86"

So, just to recap:

The toys are available in real and web stores in the UK, whilst they are only on web stores in Germany. Am I right?

Or have they started to appear in stores in other countries?

Jetoar

I hope can see these figures in Spain  ^-^. Other alternative will be tht me buy these bags and figures in Ebay or another Internet store.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

krentz

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 09, 2013, 10:57:09 PM

Also, if everything works as planned, i should get my first Blindbag on Friday.

Yes, Bulldust is supposed to have a strange frill.  I based him on the TMP 87.85.210  Skull.

D

ChrisLikesDinos

I really hope these hit the US! I suspect they will as TRU has indicated they plan on carrying WWD3D toys, but who knows.

Quote from: krentz on October 11, 2013, 04:21:16 AM
Yes, Bulldust is supposed to have a strange frill.  I based him on the TMP 87.85.210  Skull.

D

I love learning behind the scenes info like this!

DinoToyForum

I pulled these lovely images from Amazon.co.uk (from here and other pages). :))

Why so angry? The poor toys!  :( :'(

Simon

Well, well - this is more like it!  The mega-size Gorgosaurus is a keeper.  Sweet.  Nice to see toys getting such ramped-up accuracy!!

Am I right in understanding that David Krentz designed the CGI dinos in this movie????

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: