You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What ever happened to Griffon Enterprises?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 29, 2013, 07:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I'm sure everyone who reads Prehistoric Times has seen these models advertised within the pages

That velociraptor is drop dead gorgeous, and the carno is lovely too.
Will these models ever be released? I keep seeing them advertised but that's it.

And also, what about these ones?

I never heard anything about the Stegosaurus, Spino and Trike ever again. Did they disappear off the face of the earth, or something?

Also, apologies for my horrid photography, I was too lazy to go back and take better photos

sauroid

i have no idea tho i used to drool over those pictures (not literally *yuck*)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

mmfrankford

Yeah I really would love that Diplocaulus statue, but who knows what is going on??

Thundercharge

I have the Tyrannosaurus and it's an excellent model. But that Carnotaurus looks incredible! The Velociraptor too. Hopefully they make it to the market someday!

Click sig for my collection! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well Griffon is far from gone..they produce a lot of other statues, mostly anime related.

They released the Velociraptor skeleton last year or the year before and the T-Rex last year.  Next up on the list was an Allosaurus skeleton and the feathered Velociraptor , both of them must-buys for me.  Looking at their english website there is no release info there.

They are still advertising in the most current issue of PT so I'm hoping the Fossil Master brand is still active.  There are several emails for different countries to send inquires to..I would advise doing so, if for nothing more to see there is interest. 

At the very least I hope the next two pieces are released.

Dan

Griffon is still trying to get proper international distribution channels operational. Why they have been advertising long before they're ready is a little strange to me (It's been, what... a year, and nobody outside Japan can even get their items?) but hopefully they'll get it sorted out eventually.

Takama

I have seen the anomalicarus before, while looking up places to buy there T-Rex, all those other Dinos are shocking to me. I like that raptor the most, as well as the diplocoulus (forgive my Spelling)

postsaurischian

I don't like their Dinosaurs too much, but I want the Diplocaulus :)!

tanystropheus

I do remember seeing the T-rex from the Life Model Series being sold online--it is very aesthetically pleasing! However, I got sidetracked and picked up Papo's Running T-Rex instead >:D

I think Griffon Enterprises is doing a wonderful job.  The Carnotaurus is simply gorgeous and this Velociraptor is the best version that I've ever seen.

tyrantqueen

The tyrannosaurus was pretty nice, although I wouldn't buy it myself (too big for me, and the wrists are broken)

yankeetrex

want that carnotaurus, and i want it yesterday!

tyrantqueen

If the models never get released, at least I can use the colour schemes for my own repaints ;D

Horridus

That T. rex is being sold under the 'Master Fossil' brand. It's available at Dinosaur Time: http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/Replica-Dinosaur-Models/Master-Fossil/1983-Tyrannosaurus-Rex.html - not cheap though!

It's very nicely made - and big - but rather '90s, with its inaccurate forelimbs and slightly hollow head.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.