News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rich72's Pimp My Papo

Started by Rich72, April 20, 2013, 02:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich72

juju1305

Very good start for a first post on the forum :)
Love the repaint

Takama

So your te one who posted this cool repaint on Amazon :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

It has a nice subtle-ness to it..quite cool !

Rich72

not loving the spino for some reason so might change this up a bit

Rich72

Rich72

Jetoar

Wonderful repaints, I like all  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Rich72

I might re-do the Allosaurus as it looks a bit muddy in the flesh and try and fix the seams while I'm at it. I bought some Milliput, will that do the job if I'm careful? I still have the two T-Rex models and the Brachiosaurus to do but I'm a bit daunted by the big fella.

Rich72

Quote from: Jetoar on April 21, 2013, 11:54:37 PM
Wonderful repaints, I like all  ^-^

Thanks... would love to see some others that have been done. I know Copper's work, he does fantastic stuff.

Gryphoceratops

These all look really great!  The allosaurus is my favorite.  Can't wait to see more!

Primeval12

Well done and welcome to the forum!

DinoToyForum

Great repaints  8) Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

GrownNerd

Those are great repaints. Very well done.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nicely done..the Allo is magnificent ! :)

spaceman

Very nice!!!  ;D

i love the Carnotaurus's new rich coat of body colour.  the original papo colour is a bit "wash out"

Rich72

Quote from: spaceman on April 29, 2013, 12:17:43 PM
Very nice!!!  ;D

i love the Carnotaurus's new rich coat of body colour.  the original papo colour is a bit "wash out"

if the marketing photos were an accurate depiction of the final product, it wouldn't irk me so much. Some of the models I have received look nothing like the advertised colour schemes, or simply a lesser imitation of the marketing photo. The Velociraptor was a downright abomination in terms of colouring. I know many on here do not like the model at all anyway due to it being totally inaccurate. 

spaceman

yup. i agree. the catalog photos have much stronger contrast than the actual product.

I have also repaint my Velociraptor...  i hope they decide to release back the older colour scheme.. this one is terrible

PapoSaur

Quote from: Rich72 on April 21, 2013, 11:51:58 PM

Can you please tell me a little about how you did this? I love it!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Rich72 on April 29, 2013, 01:44:47 PM
if the marketing photos were an accurate depiction of the final product, it wouldn't irk me so much. Some of the models I have received look nothing like the advertised colour schemes, or simply a lesser imitation of the marketing photo. [...]

Hi Rich72.

Your repaints are very good. It will be awesome if you repaint the Papo Brachiosaurus to look like the preview stock photos.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: