News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

The Tyrannosaurus sequence depicts their mating displays. The males bugle like elk, the louder the bugle the stronger the male. If males are too evenly matched (which occurs in the sequence), they will battle :). After that will be the sequence depicting Troodon in the nuclear winter in the aftermath of the asteroid impact (this sequence also features the adorable little Purgatorius ;D). Also, I have finished drawing the adult Gorgosaurus for the series (tthe sequence depicts a mother taking care of her chicks), it is based on the one from WWD 3D (but with feathers obviously).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Still working on the Australospinas. However, I do have my long awaited arctic tyrannosaur ;D:

Gorgosaurus

I decided not to use my established polar theropod colors (brown ochre and copper beach) and instead to make them just white, with iredescent blue display feathers of course :). This is the main creature of the only double-length (20 min.) sequence in my series.

Balaur

Nice job! I can't wait for the Australospinas! I have been really waiting for that one for a long time!

Also, I am confused on The New Dinosaurs. Are you replacing any sequences, or keeping the original sequences and have more than 6 stories? Sorry if that made no sense.

Yutyrannus

Oh sorry, yeah I replaced the Argentinosaurus and Veterpristisaurus. Also, isn't the Gorgosaur chick adorable ;D.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 17, 2013, 03:08:50 AM
Oh sorry, yeah I replaced the Argentinosaurus and Veterpristisaurus. Also, isn't the Gorgosaur chick adorable ;D.

His name be Fluffy. He will be my Fluffy. Come here Fluffy... Oh! Bad Fluffy!

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Sorry to anyone who was waiting for the Australospinas, but I will be unable to finish it until I get a functional black colored pencil. But I will have more new drawings coming until I can finish the Australospinas. And, to that end, here is everyone's favorite puff-ball dinosaur ;D:

Leaellynosaura

In the series, Leaellynosaura will be portrayed much like bushtits (the most adorable birds on the planet ;D) and, rather than walking, will hop around. They will also use their tails, rather than sound, to communicate and signal to other members of the clan they live in. Hope you like this guy  :)!

Balaur

Ahhhhhaaahhhh...... It's so cute!
I think the tail should actually be longer, but I really like this!

Yutyrannus

The tail might be just a bit short but I ran out of paper so I can't make it any longer. Also, how do you like the bushtit idea?

Balaur

I love the bushtit idea! It makes it cuter!

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also prepare for more creature pictures :). And I will probably redo my Teratophoneus picture.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 18, 2013, 03:17:53 AM
Thanks! Also prepare for more creature pictures :). And I will probably redo my Teratophoneus picture.

Will your new Teratophoneus have more feathers on it? Also, why are you redoing it?

Yutyrannus

It will have more feathers. And I am redoing it because I just wasn't that happy with the old one.

Balaur

Yutyrannus, can I use some of your pictures from this series and your others for a blog post about obscure prehistoric animals?

Yutyrannus

Of course you can :)! Which pictures would you like to use?

Also upcoming pictures include the following (these should all be posted relatively soon, so long as I don't get too much homework ;) ):
Purgatorius
Vagaceratops (showing frill flushing)
Spinosaurus
Baurusuchus
Ceratosaurus (with anole-like dewlap)
Khaan (with peacock-like tail feathers and coloration)
Psittacosaurus sibiricus (with illustration of their favorite fruit: Megamalus sibiricus)

P.S: Balaur, thanks for letting me use the name Megamalus.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 19, 2013, 04:40:44 AM
Of course you can :)! Which pictures would you like to use?

Also upcoming pictures include the following (these should all be posted relatively soon, so long as I don't get too much homework ;) ):
Purgatorius
Vagaceratops (showing frill flushing)
Spinosaurus
Baurusuchus
Ceratosaurus (with anole-like dewlap)
Khaan (with peacock-like tail feathers and coloration)
Psittacosaurus sibiricus (with illustration of their favorite fruit: Megamalus sibiricus)

P.S: Balaur, thanks for letting me use the name Megamalus.

Your welcome!

I was thinking to use your Acrophoca, Arctotherium, Dinofelis, Ichthyovenator, Lythronax, Inostrancevia, Lythronax, and Xenosmilus. I will talk about how rarely depicted they are, and I thought your creature designs fit perfectly in that they depict unique creatures, rare, and in an interesting way.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Here is the most adorable creature in my series ;D:

Purgatorius

This guy is a secondary creature in the Troodon sequence.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, Vagaceratops will likely be next.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: