News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks, I just hope I hve the time to make it.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Okay, to help Balaur with his obscure dinosaurs post on his blog I will be posting these before I get to the others:
Zalambdalestes
Melanorosaurus
Tanycolagreus
Antarctotitan
Australospinas
Unnamed Antarctic Theropod
Bradycneme

Yutyrannus

I have added Sciurumimus to the series. I have illustrated it already (since no fossils of the adult have been found yet, I used Scott Hartman's Megalosaurus skeletal as a reference). Also, I finished the Antarctotitan picture as well. I just need to color these now :)

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 21, 2013, 03:03:37 AM
I have added Sciurumimus to the series. I have illustrated it already (since no fossils of the adult have been found yet, I used Scott Hartman's Megalosaurus skeletal as a reference). Also, I finished the Antarctotitan picture as well. I just need to color these now :)

Cool! Which episode?

Yutyrannus

Probably The Golden Age. Also, I have worn down a lot of my pencils with these pictures, so I need to get new ones before I color these.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 21, 2013, 03:23:19 AM
Probably The Golden Age. Also, I have worn down a lot of my pencils with these pictures, so I need to get new ones before I color these.

Cool! I need tonget new collured pencils too.

Yutyrannus

Yeah, that is the one problem with coloring so many pictures. Only my Metallic and Inktense derwent pencils are still fully functional,  but I mostly use the Watercolor ones so I need to get more of those. By the way, my Antarctotitan will have some bright and bold colors for a sauropod, I might even use my Metallics for the main color :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 21, 2013, 04:42:44 AM
Yeah, that is the one problem with coloring so many pictures. Only my Metallic and Inktense derwent pencils are still fully functional,  but I mostly use the Watercolor ones so I need to get more of those. By the way, my Antarctotitan will have some bright and bold colors for a sauropod, I might even use my Metallics for the main color :).
That sounds cool!

Yutyrannus

Here he is:

Antarctic Sauropod ("Antarctotitan")

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 04:32:13 AM
Here he is:

Antarctic Sauropod ("Antarctotitan")

That's really cool! Thank you, Yutyrannus!

What sauropod did you use a reference for him?

Yutyrannus

I used Scott Hartman's Malawisaurus skeletal. Also, I should be getting new pencils soon, so I can color the rest soon :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 04:36:04 AM
I used Scott Hartman's Malawisaurus skeletal. Also, I should be getting new pencils soon, so I can color the rest soon :).

Cool! I can't wait!

Yutyrannus

Yep, Sciurumimus and Bradycneme coming next :)!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 04:39:58 AM
Yep, Sciurumimus and Bradycneme coming next :)!

I am really excited for your Bradycneme. It is such an unknown dinosaur, and the only media appearance in Planet Dinosaur, showed it incorrectly, I really can't wait. Will the adult Sciurumimus be feathered?

Yutyrannus

He will, I already drew him :). He looks really cool! And I'm starting the Bradycneme already, I'm using an Alverezsaurus skeletal as a reference for it.

Balaur

Can't wait! I have a big bias with European Dinosaurs of course, but that's just me. ;)

Yutyrannus

I will also be adding the new neovenatorid Siats to my series.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 22, 2013, 09:40:44 PM
I will also be adding the new neovenatorid Siats to my series.

That sounds pretty cool! Of course, which episode?

Yutyrannus

The New Dinosaurs. I couldn't come up with anything good for Brasilotitan so I'll replace it with Siats. Brasilotitan will just be an extra creature un my crocodile special.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: