News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Awesome!Love it,now I can't wait to see your Concavenator and Eurazhdarcho.

Yutyrannus

Thanks! You won't have to wait long, I am working on them now :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Nice job on the Lythronax! Hoe anout s new look at Deinocheirus in the series?

Yutyrannus

Balaur, I am sort of juggling with the idea of putting Deinocheirus in my series. I might or I might not, so don't expect one way or the other for now.

Yutyrannus

My er... interesting interpretation of this species:

Concavenator

Throat pouch based off of frigatebirds :).

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Hahaha :))! Thanks! I am starting my Australospinas now, so he could be up soon.

Yutyrannus

Australospinas drawing is finished and now a only need to color him. He will be irredescent with colors based on the sacred kingfisher (a very beautiful bird).

But in the mean time.................

Ichthyovenator

Colors are based on what I originally pictured the Safari 2014 Suchomimus as being colored like (with the addition of a yellow, pelican-like throat pouch and red markings on the sail. In the series, Ichthyovenator has slightly reflective scales, like a python, but obviously I could not show that in the picture.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Concavenator

Inreally really love your Ichthyovenator and Concavenator,Yutyrannus.They're so awesome!  :o

Yutyrannus

Thanks! And just so you know I drew him from Scott Hartman's skeletal of Suchomimus, since it is similar to Ichthyovenator just with a smaller sail.

Yutyrannus

I am posting an explanation for some of the behaviors in my series.

I am trying to show behavior or features in my series that are never or rarely shown in other series. Have you ever seen a mute dinosaur? No, but they definately existed. Elaborate courtship rituals, sound as a weapon or for show, purely scavenging predators, bright colors, fleshy desplays, precise pack hunters, symbiotic relationships with other animals, flushing colors. All these things must have existed among dinosaurs, but they are never shown in any paleo-documentaries. That is why I am showing them.

And now I am announcing the final special for this series, Spinosaurs: The Fish Hunters. This special follows the history of these bizarre but highly specialized theropods. Here is the creature list

#1 - Ostafrikosaurus
#2 - Baryonyx
#3 - Ichthyovenator
#4 - Suchomimus
#5 - Siamosaurus
#6 - Spinosaurus

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, isn't the picture in my signature awesome ;D?

Balaur

Yutyrannus

You should probably add a picture to your signature too. I think it looks really cool if you put the right picture in the signature. Also, Australospinas picture and Tarbosaurus sequence will be posted soon :).

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Cool! I can't wait of the next sequence. Will it be epic?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: