You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Museums

Started by stemturtle, March 21, 2012, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemturtle

Introducing Invicta to fossil                                                                                                    Better lighting

Here's a funny story. My granddaughter, who just turned 2, visited a special exhibition about pirates at the Science Museum of Minnesota. 
A museum docent asked her, "Arrr! Do you like pirates?"  She replied, "No, I like Glyptodons. They are mammals, and they have milk for their babies." 
Do you think that she might be one of us?

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

stoneage

Quote from: stemturtle on March 21, 2012, 11:06:41 PM

Introducing Invicta to fossil                                                                                                    Better lighting

Here's a funny story. My granddaughter, who just turned 2, visited a special exhibition about pirates at the Science Museum of Minnesota. 
A museum docent asked her, "Arrr! Do you like pirates?"  She replied, "No, I like Glyptodons. They are mammals, and they have milk for their babies." 
Do you think that she might be one of us?

She's awfully cute!

brontodocus

There can't be the slightest doubt about that she is one of us! :) And a painted Invicta Glyptodon - who of us could claim to have had one of these as a two year old?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Takama

This kid reminds me of myself at that age, at that same museum

stoneage

Quote from: brontodocus on March 21, 2012, 11:40:49 PM
There can't be the slightest doubt about that she is one of us! :) And a painted Invicta Glyptodon - who of us could claim to have had one of these as a two year old?

;D  I was two in 1952.  Marx wasn't even around much less Invicta!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stoneage on March 22, 2012, 01:13:35 AM
Quote from: brontodocus on March 21, 2012, 11:40:49 PM

You're one year older than my dad :o That surprised me a bit.

'Tis cool to see collectors of all ages though 8)

Tylosaurus

yaps! which makes this community the right place for us all :D Everything falls in to the right places like Lego ;D

brontodocus

Quote from: stoneage on March 22, 2012, 01:13:35 AM
Ahem, thinking of it, it would have also been impossible for me to have a painted Invicta Glyptodon when I was two. Although the (unpainted) Blue Whale & Scelidosaurus were already in existence.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

;D No Invictas around when I was two.
We need a 'What Dinosaur figures could you have when you were two' thread!

DinoFan45

Most definitely. She's doin better than I was. I was more focused on the dinosaurs than anything else by three. Maybe two. But, she's got the potential to be one of us.
"Life will find a way."

LophoLeeVT

Do you know any museums near hanoi, vietnam
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.