News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Last bid on Battat Diplodocus was 345USD...

p.s I really like the Battat Diplodocus but I could buy a Sideshow piece or a great resin figure from Martin Garratt with 345USD...

Lanthanotus

I had thought it sells for like 250.... well, it seems it will still take a while until I get one for my collection :D

BlueKrono

Seller 2: "Hey, I got $350 for my Diplo!"
Seller 1: "Okay, okay, I'll come down to $600."
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Daspletotyrannus

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Battat-Collectable-Dinosaur-Diplodocus-longus-rare-in-original-packaging-/122454906325?nav=SEARCH

Another Battat Diplodocus popped up.  Not sure if it was just the same figure relisted or a new one, but it is the same pictures.

BlueKrono

Wonder how many they've actually got.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

From start I had the feeling they've got  a large stack of those -
That's why I didn't join the frenzy ...

ceratopsian

My suspicion too is that they have several.  I'd love one but probably not this time round!

Fenestra

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 19, 2017, 06:58:31 PM
Last bid on Battat Diplodocus was 345USD...

p.s I really like the Battat Diplodocus but I could buy a Sideshow piece or a great resin figure from Martin Garratt with 345USD...

Quoted for truth!  8)

It is a beautiful plastic figure of a toy Diplodocus in a pose that is very appealing. No doubt about that.

But for almost $400 you can also buy:
30-40 CollectA/Safari/Papo figures, etc.
Or 2-3 very accurate resin model kits from sculptors like Sean Cooper, David Silva or David Krentz, (just to name a few.)
Or even a Sideshow dinosaur statue!

Georassic

Anyone have any intel/insight/critiques of this figure and its price?
www.ebay.com/itm/152524024537?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I know that seller tends to be high-priced, but I've not seen the figure anywhere else.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Georassic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Georassic on April 26, 2017, 12:04:53 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2017, 11:46:35 PM
It's on Taobao for $15:

https://world.taobao.com/item/548431726169.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Vf0URg#detail
Wow. Great heads up. Thanks! Now, is it worth buying, as far as quality/accuracy?

I'm no pterosaur expert, but it looks pretty nice apart from being completely hairless. If it were Kaiyodo-sized I would chalk that up to the fibers being too small to sculpt, but at this scale that's a point against it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2017, 12:07:58 AM
Quote from: Georassic on April 26, 2017, 12:04:53 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2017, 11:46:35 PM
It's on Taobao for $15:

https://world.taobao.com/item/548431726169.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Vf0URg#detail
Wow. Great heads up. Thanks! Now, is it worth buying, as far as quality/accuracy?

I'm no pterosaur expert, but it looks pretty nice apart from being completely hairless. If it were Kaiyodo-sized I would chalk that up to the fibers being too small to sculpt, but at this scale that's a point against it.

Also, hindlimbs seem to be in an unlikely splayed bat-like posture, but it's hard to tell for certain.  Neck curvature and length may be a bit too extreme as well.

Still, a very interesting figure.  I'd probably get it just for the novelty of it!  ;)

stargatedalek

The neck is accurate, or at least very close. Tupandactylus has a very long and lithe neck (it probably used it to pick fruit so no surprise).

The legs in the Taobao image seems more bent than sculpted that way, the one on the eBay listing seemed more upright. Tupandactylus should have an almost antelope like posture, so the legs are to short either way but not a huge deal.

Reptilia

Which company produces that Tapejara model?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reptilia on April 27, 2017, 11:13:27 PM
Which company produces that Tapejara model?

I don't think any of us knows.

Reptilia

It is a very nice figure, albeit a bit pricey on that Ebay auction.

RobinGoodfellow

..also the second Battat Diplodocus went for more than 300usd (after 16 bids)..

???

BlueKrono

Maybe people worried this might be their last shot at a perfect one? Plot twist: the seller has dozens of them.

Flaffy

At least they're encouraging Battat to release the rest of the line... Probably... Maybe...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: